From Nikon: Tokyo – February 27, 2015
– TOKYO – Today, Nikon Corporation has announced an update to the mobile application for its photo sharing service, Nikon Image Space, featuring a new and improved intuitive design and overall usability improvements. Launched in January 2013, Nikon Image Space is a free photo sharing service designed not only for Nikon digital camera users, but anyone who enjoys capturing still photos or recording videos.
With this update, an improved flat design has been incorporated for iOS (including iPad) and Android apps, optimized for operability in each operating system. In addition to being able to view images in Grid and Map views, a new Flow view has been introduced that displays images larger and enables smooth vertical scrolling when using a smart device, even when scrolling through images stored on a smartphone or tablet. When using on an iPad specifically, a new function is now available for comparing images as well. Overall improved utility and operability, including the ability to background download and upload, cap an impressive upgrade for Nikon Image Space. Primary Updates to Nikon Image Space
- Adoption of a flat design and optimization for both iOS and Android devices
- Improved image browsing function
In addition to Grid and Map views, with which images are displayed larger for easier viewing, a new Flow view that enables smooth image browsing by flicking up or down has been added. This browser function allows users to view images stored on their smart device as soon as the app is installed. In addition, the app supports display of a list of albums that have been shared, as well as browsing of images in the albums. It also allows users to "unshare", or cancel sharing of albums.
- New Function (exclusively for iPad) that enables image comparison
App operation has been improved with new features designed exclusively for iPads. In addition to the new function that displays two images at a time for comparison, a new two-pane structure has been adopted for some screen layouts.
- Support for uploading/downloading in the background
The app can now be used while images are being uploaded or downloaded. In addition, multiple uploads and downloads can be scheduled beforehand, and then performed one after the other.
The renewed Nikon Image Space will be available as a free download February 26, 2015 for iOS
(including iPads) devices that support iOS 8 or later and Android devices
that support Android 4.0 or later.