I'm tackling a huge backlog of sample pictures this week. To get things started, sample pictures have been added to these reviews: Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens ReviewCanon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens ReviewCanon PowerShot G1 X Digital Camera Review
The new Canon EOS M
mirrorless cameras expected to hit shelves October 15 have been delayed. B&H
has updated the Canon EOS M's expected availability
to October 31.
From Epson: Epson’s Two New Perfection Photo Scanners Deliver Exceptional Scan Quality and Easy Scan-to-Cloud Functionality
October 16, 2012 Epson Perfection V37 and V370 Photo Scanners Allow Photo Enthusiasts, Families and Creative Hobbyists to Access, Share and Organize Scanned Documents Anywhere and Anytime LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 16, 2012
- Epson America, Inc. today introduced two new additions to its award-winning line of Epson® Perfection® scanners – the Epson Perfection V37 and Epson Perfection V370 Photo scanners. The new products give photo enthusiasts, families and creative hobbyists an affordable scanning solution with 4800 x 9600 dpi optical resolution for incredible detail and clarity. In addition to offering leading scan quality, the new models also provide easy scan-to-cloud capabilities to scan, access, organize and share documents directly through cloud services like Google Docs, MS SharePoint®, Evernote®, and other leading providers.1
“Epson’s latest Perfection scanners are built to perform, delivering versatile, high-quality solutions whether scanning to create eye-catching scrapbook pages or to simply digitize and store your most important photos and documents,” said Stacey Tieu, product manager, Photo Scanners, Epson America, Inc. “Furthermore, Epson’s latest scanners cater to today’s increasingly mobile lifestyles, giving consumers an even more value-packed solution with scan-to-cloud capabilities to access documents on their mobile device, anytime and from anywhere.”
The Epson Perfection V37 and V370 Photo scanners both offer exceptional scan quality, along with a high-rise 180-degree lid for scanning oversized artwork, 3D objects, photo albums and documents. For added performance and flexibility, the Epson Perfection V370 Photo includes a built-in 35mm Transparency Unit for scanning mounted slides, negatives and film strips.
Additional features and benefits featured on the new Perfection models include:
- ArcSoft® Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe Software – allows users to easily scan legal, A3 and other large-size pages, section by section, then automatically stitches all portions together.
- Epson’s Easy Photo Fix® Technology – allows users to restore color from old/faded prints, remove dust from scanned film or slides, and reduce graininess.
- Scan-to-cloud with Document Capture Software – easily scan documents directly to a range of cloud services including Google Docs, MS SharePoint, Evernote and more to access documents from multiple mobile devices or share with others.
- ReadyScan® LED Technology – enables fast scan speeds, eliminates warm-up time and decreases power consumption; ReadyScan LED technology is also mercury-free.
- One-Touch Performance – four customizable buttons allow for convenient one-touch scanning, copying, scan-to-email and creating PDFs.
- Compatibility – with all leading operating systems including the newest versions of Microsoft® Windows® and Mac® OS X.
For videos demonstrating the various scanning features with the Epson Perfection scanners, visit Epson’s YouTube Channel and more information is available online at Epson.com.
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Perfection V37 (MSRP $89.99) and Epson Perfection V370 Photo (MSRP $119.99) are now available exclusively from Epson.com, and will be available at Staples in mid-November. Both models include Epson’s one-year limited warranty.
From Canon USA
Thank you for using Canon products.
The exterior rubber part on some Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7A units may change color (turn white) after a short period of time. Canon USA will replace those rubber parts at no charge to the customer.
Canon takes pride in the quality and performance of its products, and we offer our most sincere apologies to customers using this product who have been inconvenienced by this issue. We hope our efforts will earn your understanding. Affected Product
The rubber on the top surface of some WFT-E7A units produced in certain lots from April 9 through July 13 may turn white after a short period of time. We have determined after inquiry with the rubber manufacturer and analysis, that the white substance is zinc bis (N,N’-dimethyldithiocarbamate).
Zinc bis is not used in the production of this product. However, the quantity of rubber accelerator used in the affected production lots was slightly higher than usual. As a result the rubber surface may turn white due to a chemical reaction with the rubber accelerator and other substances. High temperature and high humidity may contribute to this condition. Zinc bis (N,N’-dimethyldithiocarbamate), which becomes deposited on the rubber surface, is created as a result of this chemical reaction.
Only certain WFT-E7A wireless file transmitter units produced between April 9 and July 13, 2012 are affected.
If the first two digits of the serial number are “03” through “06” and the fifth digit is “1”, the unit is affected.
03xx1xxxxx, 04xx1xxxxx, 05xx1xxxxx, 06xx1xxxxx ([x] represents any optional number. ) Free Repair
Canon USA will replace the rubber part of the affected wireless file transmitters free of charge at our service centers.
We anticipate that our free repair service will start in late October or early November. Caution on Use
The amount of zinc bis detected during our testing was minimal. Although Canon has not received any reports of injury or allergic reactions regarding this product, it is possible for zinc bis, in the small amount found in the rubber surface of affected units, to cause allergic reactions, such as a rash, when it comes in contact with skin of sensitive persons. In addition, if eyes are rubbed after contact with the substance, symptoms such as red eyes may develop.
As a precautionary measure, thoroughly wash your hands with water if they have come in contact with the rubber surface that has turned white. If any medical symptoms develop, please consult your physician immediately. Contact Information For Inquiries
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-855-214-3277 or 1-800-652-2666
For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support