THINK TANK PHOTO RELEASES FIRST EXPANDABLE BACKPACK
SANTA ROSA, CALIF – In December, Think Tank Photo will release the Shape Shifter™, the first backpack designed to expand and contract to fit DSLR equipment. By contracting down to 3 inches, the backpack keeps photographers from having to carry around a large foam box on their backs once their equipment is removed. To be alerted when the backpack is available, go to www.thinktankphoto.com/shapeshifter
The Shape Shifter was designed for:
• Photographers that want a lightweight solution with significantly less foam and padding than traditional photo backpacks;
• Photographers that travel a great deal by airplane and public transportation that want to carry the maximum amount of equipment in the smallest package possible;
• Photographers that want to reduce the size of the backpack after their gear is removed. (Note: some gear can remain in the front, like two strobes, and it can still be compressed to the smaller size with the zipper);
• Photographers that use modular belt systems. After they remove most of their gear and put it on their belt, they then can then collapse the backpack;
• Photographers on the run that must travel with up to 17” laptops and have the necessary accessories with them to transmit images.
• The Shape Shifter can be compressed to 3 inches in width once equipment is removed.
• Once the majority of photo gear is removed, the bag can be collapsed and the photographer can still carry up to a 17” laptop and accessories, but in a much smaller package.
• Rear compartment for up to 17” laptops has medium padding for protection and comfort.
• Photographers can to wear their belt system, with components attached, and still support the weight of the backpack with the belt.
• The inside compartment has neoprene pouches for:
o 2 Pro DSLR bodies
o 1 70-200 2.8 with hood reversed
o 1 24-70 2.8 or similar with hood reversed
o 1 16-35 2.8 or similar with hood reversed
o Stretch pockets on the inside can also hold two strobes and other accessories
• Includes a strap system to mount either a monopod or tripod on the front the backpack.
• Padding on the back has an airflow system for breathability and comfort.
• Outer Dimensions when COLLAPSED: 20 x 12.5 x 3” ( 51 x 32 x 8 cm)
• Outer Dimensions when EXPANDED: 20 x 12.5 x 7” ( 51 x 32 x 18 cm)
• Inner Dimensions of the LAPTOP CASE compartment: 19 x 12 x 1.5” (48 x 30.5 x 4 cm)
• Inner Dimensions of the DSLR Camera compartment (Note that because there are neoprene pockets to hold the photo gear, the normal internal dimensions stated have less meaning): 19.5 x 12 x 4” (49.5 x 30.5 x 10 cm) • Estimated Base Weight (without any straps or accessories attached: 3 lbs, 13 oz (1729 grams)
Price: $249.00 (US)
ACDSee News Adobe News Apple News Arca Swiss News Datacolor News Delkin News DxO News ExpoImaging News Gitzo News Hoya News Kingston News Kirk Enterprises News Lastolite News Lensbaby News Lexar News Manfrotto News Metz News Microsoft News Lowepro News Phase One News Photogenic News PhotoShelter News PocketWizard News Redrock Micro News Rode News Samyang News SanDisk News Schneider Kreuznach News Sigma News Tamron News Tenba News Think Tank Photo News THK Photo Products News Tokina News X-Rite News Zeiss News
Canon DSLR Camera Review News
Canon Lens Review News
Nikon Lens Review News
Sigma Lens Review News
Tamron Lens Review News
Tokina Lens Review News
Zeiss Lens Review News
Canon Flash Review News
Photography Accessory Review News
Canon Camera Accessory Review News
Camera Case and Backpack Review News
Deals & Shopping News
Photography Deals (No Photography Deals)
Canon Deals Nikon Deals Sigma Deals Tamron Deals Tokina Deals Memory Card Deals Adobe Deals Lowepro Deals Think Tank Photo Deals
In Stock Notices Canon Preorders Nikon Preorders
Canon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Nikon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Canon Camera and Lens Rebates
Nikon Camera and Lens Rebates
Tamron Lens Rebates
Canon Firmware Updates
Canon Service Notices
Canon Owners Manuals
Canon Financial Results
Canon Professional Services CPS
Canon Cinema EOS
Canon USA News
Canon Canada News
Canon UK News
Canon AU News
Canon Digital Photo Professional