From Eyefi: Newly captured photos now instantly available on smartphone, tablet, PC or smart TV MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 17, 2014
– Eyefi, the global leader in digital camera connectivity, today unveiled Eyefi Cloud, a private photo-centric cloud service that makes newly captured photos instantly available on a smartphone, tablet, PC or smart TV. Eyefi Cloud was designed for photo enthusiasts who require the superior image quality provided by digital cameras but are frustrated with the time-consuming processes required to enjoy those photos on multiple devices. Eyefi Cloud, along with the Eyefi Mobi wireless SD card and Eyefi Mobi apps, makes every picture taken organized and instantly accessible, anytime anywhere—to enjoy, curate and share securely and privately.
In June 2013, Eyefi pioneered simple, instant image transfer from digital cameras to mobile devices with the launch of Eyefi Mobi wireless SD memory card. Now Eyefi adds a new cloud service, Eyefi Cloud, as well as all new mobile apps for iOS and Android based smartphones and tablets. When used together, Eyefi's product line-up combines camera quality and mobile convenience with the power of the cloud for the over 500 million digital camera owners throughout the world. Until now, digital camera owners had to manually transfer photos to see them on their smartphone or tablet. With Eyefi, the highest quality images are as accessible as photos captured using a smartphone and can be shared and enjoyed on the preferred viewing device.
"Photo lovers know that life's most important moments should be captured using a digital camera but it's difficult to access those shots until long after the images are taken," said Matt DiMaria, chief executive officer of Eyefi. "Eyefi Cloud makes those highest-quality shots available within seconds of them being captured, so photographers can immediately enjoy quality images on the beautiful displays of their smartphone, tablet, PC or smart TV."
The Eyefi Mobi SD memory card begins the image transfer process within milliseconds of a photo being captured on a digital camera. Images are automatically and securely transferred to Eyefi's new mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. Eyefi apps intelligently organize and transfer the images, in full-resolution, to Eyefi Cloud. Now, any device with the Eyefi apps or with a browser-enabled device can be used to view, share and manage the entire photo collection.
The new Eyefi offerings include a full range of photo related services including:
- Transfer – Add wireless functionality to any digital camera, and easily send images from camera to mobile device or desktop.
- Organize – Sort and tag images as they are taken, so they are easy to find later – for sharing, printing, and all the other wonderful ways photos are used.
- Sync – Automatically synchronize photos to all devices so that users can view, edit, and manipulate photos both on and offline, anytime, anywhere.
- Share – Invite friends and family to view photos and albums without requiring registration. Photo collections are "live", so any additions to an existing collection will generate a notice to recipients that new images have been added.
For photographers with multiple cameras, Eyefi Cloud automatically merges their photos into a single, well-organized collection where they can be enjoyed together and further curated. The entire collection is then available on all the user's devices.
For customers that do not wish to transfer images over the Internet, Eyefi also introduced Eyefi Desktop Transfer apps for the PC and Mac platforms. Eyefi Desktop transfer sends images directly from a digital camera equipped with Eyefi Mobi SD memory card to a PC or Mac without the need for a physical cable. Transferred images are stored on the user's PC or Mac in a file location of their choice where they can be enjoyed, edited or archived.
Along with Eyefi Cloud, the company today unveils a new logo, aligned to the sleek simplicity of its products.
Eyefi Mobi wireless SD memory card pricing begins at $49 for the 8GB edition. Customers will find the new Eyefi Mobi apps in the Apple app store, Google Play app store and Amazon Kindle app store. Included with the new apps, is a three-month membership to the Eyefi Cloud once they activate a new account. Existing Eyefi Mobi card customers can simply download the new apps and will also receive a three-month membership. Twelve-month memberships start at $49 for an unlimited number of photos.
B&H carries Eyefi wireless memory cards.