From Lowepro: PETALUMA, Calif., March 25, 2014
— Lowepro, the product design company that builds protective, high-quality gear for photography, video and portable electronic devices, launches its Passport Series of soft-sided and modern camera bags: Passport Backpack, Passport Messenger and Passport Sling III.
“The Passport Series offers consumers a discreet and flexible way to carry their photo gear, along with a laptop or tablet and personal items,” said Tim Grimmer, Lowepro brand director. “The backpack, messenger and sling each include an impact-resistant and removable camera insert, so you can blend in with the crowd and feel confident your gear is protected.” Impact-resistant Camera Insert
Protection and flexibility combine in the build of the impact-resistant camera insert. Padded and adjustable dividers allow you to fit anything from a CSC to a compact DSLR, plus an extra accessory, and keep your kit secure from bumps and abrasion. Lift out the insert and your bag becomes a fully functioning backpack, messenger or sling for the day. CradleFit for Laptop/Tablet
The Passport Series features a new kind of protective space for carrying a laptop or tablet: a CradleFit pocket. It features classic Lowepro padding with floating-foam construction to suspend and protect a device within each Passport Series bag. Three, Everyday Styles
Soft-sided and modern, the Passport Series takes inspiration from Lowepro’s original and everyday camera sling design. The series expands to include the next-generation sling, backpack and messenger – each suited to day trips or longer travel with a full set of convenient features and low-key, non-camera-bag style. Whichever styles consumers choose, they can use their Passport Series bag to keep a compact camera, go-to tablet and plenty of essentials protected and within easy reach. Thoughtful Details
Convenient touches add to the everyday appeal of the Passport Series. Each bag includes an interior mesh zippered pocket and a built-in key clip to secure small items and quickly retrieve them.
The Passport Backpack
features a zippered front organizer pocket, two tall side pockets for water bottles, plus a padded mesh backpad with contoured shoulder straps for a comfortable fit.
The Passport Messenger
includes a front organizer pocket under the flap, a quick-grab handle for an extra carrying option, and an adjustable shoulder strap with a removable shoulder pad for customized comfort while wearing.
And the Passport Sling III
includes an expandable compartment that allows the user to unzip and increase interior storage space by 30% – ideal for farmers market finds and souveniers. The sling also features an adjustable shoulder strap with removable shoulder pad.
- Passport Backpack fits: CSC or compact DSLR (such as Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm lens), extra lens or flash, 13? laptop or tablet, smartphone and personal items.
- Passport Messenger fits: CSC or compact DSLR (such as Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm lens), extra lens or flash, 13? laptop or tablet, smartphone and personal items.
- Passport Sling III fits: CSC or compact DSLR (such as Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm lens), extra lens or flash, tablet, smartphone and personal items.
Specs and U.S. MSRP for Passport Series camera bags:
- Passport Backpack is available in Black Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH): 10.2 x 4.9 x 6.9 in. / 26 x 12.5 x 17.5 cm Exterior (WxDxH) 11 x 7.3 x 15.6 in. / 28 x 18.5 x 39.5 cm Weight: 1.4 lbs. / 0.6 kg U.S. MSRP: $64.99
- Passport Messenger is available in Black and Grey/Orange Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH): 14.8 x 5.9 x 10.6 in. / 37.5 x 15 x 27 cm Exterior (WxDxH) 15.2 x 6.5 x 11.3 in. / 38.5 x 16.5 x 28.8 cm Weight: 1.1 lbs. / 0.5 kg U.S. MSRP: $69.99
- Passport Sling III is available in Black and Grey/Orange Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH): 4.1 x 7.5 x 7.5 in. / 10.5 x 19 x 19 cm Exterior (WxDxH) 5.7 x 17.3 x 16.1 in. / 14.5 x 44 x 41 cm Weight: 1.1 lbs. / 0.5 kg U.S. MSRP: $59.99
B&H carries the Lowepro Passport Series.