From Nikon: IMPORTANT
- If you have a Lexar 400x or 1000x CompactFlash memory card, please click this link for information regarding compatibility with your camera.
- The firmware cannot be upgraded when Network > Network connection in the Setup menu is set to ON. Be sure to set Network connection to OFF before attempting to upgrade the firmware.
- Please be sure to use a FULLY charged EN-EL18 battery or EH-6 AC Adapter with EP-6 Power connector to perform this update.
- Do not load settings data saved with A:1.05/ B1.03 or earlier using the Save/ Load settings option in the setup menu after updating D4 firmware to A:1.10 / B:1.10. Settings data saved with D4 A:1.05/ B:1.03 or earlier is not compatible with D4 A and B firmware Ver. 1.10.
- When transferring images recorded to a memory card with a capacity greater than 128 GB to a computer using a card reader or similar device, be sure that the computer's operating system and the card reader support capacities greater than 128 GB. If they do not support capacities greater than 128 GB, it may not be possible to transfer images in this way. As support for memory cards with capacities greater than 128 GB is provided with D4 A:1.10 / B:1.10 firmware, images may be transferred by connecting the camera to a computer via USB cable.
Updates included with this release A:1.10 / B: 1.10 - dated March 18, 2014
- Custom Setting f17: Assign Remote Fn Button has been added * .
- Support for CompactFlash memory cards with capacities greater than 128 GB has been added.
- When an XQD memory card and one of certain CompactFlash memory cards were inserted in the camera at the same time, "Err" was displayed in the top control panel. This issue has been resolved.
- When AF-ON only was selected for Custom Setting a4 (AF activation) and the AF-ON button was pressed to initiate autofocus during viewfinder photography, focus remained locked even after the user took their finger off the button, and the shutter could be released at any time. However, specifications have been modified so that the shutter cannot be released under the following conditions if the camera fails to focus.
- Autofocus mode is set to AF-S (single-servo AF)
- AF-area mode is set to Single-point AF
- Custom Setting a2 (AF-S priority selection) is set to Focus
* - We have prepared a supplementary user's manual that covers this function. Click here to download the supplementary user's manual [T-D-P.com Note: Preceding link from Nikon was broken this morning]. Adobe's Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer to view this file.
Nikon D4 Firmware A:1.10 / B:1.10 - Windows | Macintosh
B&H has the Nikon D4's successor, the D4s, available for preorder.