We are proud to inform you about the official launch of our new Mountaineer tripods – Gitzo’s most popular, ‘all-purpose’ carbon tripod family.
Mountaineer tripods have been developed further to incorporate the latest Gitzo technology which increases rigidity, improves performance and ease of use for professional photographers. Stiffer legs and structure
More than ever, our priority is to ensure that Gitzo tripods allow photographers to get sharper images no matter what weight of equipment, length of lens or duration of exposure is being used: that means making them as rigid as possible.
New Mountaineer tripods are more rigid than the preceding Carbon 6X models, thanks to the newly developed, innovative Carbon eXact tubes. The new tubing optimises fiber composition for each tube size, including HM (High Modulus) carbon fiber composition (a denser fiber made up of finer individual fibers) in the narrower tubes. Carbon eXact tubes have larger diameters that strengthen the tripods even further, particularly the narrower tubes used for the lower leg sections.
The Mountaineer top spider and column lock are also redesigned for greater rigidity. Benefits of the new Mountaineer range Stiffer legs and structure
- Carbon eXact contains High Modulus carbon fiber and has larger tube diameters
- The top spider and column lock are redesigned for enhanced rigidity
- New models are significantly stiffer than predecessors and competitors
Enhanced usability and comfort
- G-lock Ultra: softer to use, protects against dust or grit
- New Ground Level Set and leg angle selectors are easier and faster to set up
B&H carries Gitzo tripods.