From Nikon: August 6, 2013 Nikon COOLPIX L620 A high-power zoom compact model equipped with a backside illumination CMOS sensor and 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens for simple capture of high-quality images at telephoto zoom positions or in dimly lit surroundings
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the L620. COOLPIX L-series cameras are easy to use and equipped with functions that make photography enjoyable.
The L620 is a high-power zoom compact camera equipped with a backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 18.1-million pixels that enables capture of images exhibiting little noise at the high sensitivities required for night landscapes and pictures taken indoors under dim lighting. The camera is also equipped with a 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a built-in lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function. The L620 also offers a number of advanced functions that enable simple capture of images as intended. Among these are Target Finding AF, with which the user need simply point the camera at the intended subject and the camera immediately identifies and focuses on the subject, Easy Auto mode, with which the camera automatically identifies the scene and shooting conditions to apply the optimal scene mode, an advanced red-eye correction function, and functions for recording movies. COOLPIX L620 Primary Features
- Backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 18.1-million pixels enables capture of images exhibiting little noise at the high sensitivities required for night landscapes and pictures taken indoors under dim lighting
- A 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 25 mm to telephoto 350 mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths
- Automatic functions for simple capture of images as intended, and a variety of editing functions
- Recording of 1920x1080/60i movies with stereo sound
- A compact body that combines simple operation and beautiful design
- Powered by AA batteries readily available almost anywhere
Nikon COOLPIX S6600
A compact camera offering high-power zoom and vari-angle monitor for shooting from any angle
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the S6600, the first COOLPIX S-series model equipped with a vari-angle monitor.
As the first COOLPIX S-series model equipped with a side-hinged vari-angle monitor, the S6600 is capable of flexible shooting, from low angles to high, and even self portraits. It is also equipped with a Gesture Control function that allows the user to control the camera remotely by moving their hand when taking self portraits. The camera is equipped with a backside illumination CMOS image sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels that enables very little noise in images captured at high sensitivities, a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, and a 12x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a closest focusing distance of just 2 cm for macro photography. With built-in Wi-Fi®, users can easily transfer images to smart devices such as smartphones and tablets.
COOLPIX S6600 Primary Features
- A vari-angle monitor that enables operation using gestures
- Built-in Wi-Fi® that makes connecting with others more fun through easy communications with smart devices
- Excellent basic performance for capture of images with superior image quality and detail
- A wide variety of shooting functions for capturing decisive moments
- Shooting and retouch functions, including advanced red-eye correction and 8 Glamour Retouch options
- Recording of movies with superior picture quality and stereo sound with the press of a button
Adorama has the Nikon COOLPIX L620 available for preorder.