Move over Dropbox
- there's new kid on the block. Copy
gives you 15 gigabytes of free storage with a great referral program that allows you to rack up substantially more storage with no capacity limits.
Copy seems ideal for users who need to share a substantial amount of data within a group. Since the shared data isn't counted against every individual, the group as a whole benefits from more useable storage.
P.S. - Don't forget to install the desktop application. You can find it by clicking "Install App" on the upper-left part of the screen. Features:
- Copy Referral Program - In possibly the most rewarding referral program in cloud storage history, Copy users can earn 5GB of additional free storage for both themselves and the person they introduce to Copy for each referral, with no limit on the total capacity they can earn. The average Copy referrer has earned well over 60GB of free storage, with the largest referrers earning space in the 10s of TBs.
- Copy “Fair Storage for All” Initiative - Instead of counting data in shared folders against all members’ individual storage quotas so everyone pays for the same data over and over, Copy allows users to “split the bill” and control which files count against their storage capacity. View the 40-second video on the Copy “Fair Storage for All” initiative at . Copy was created to meet the exceedingly high design demands of today’s online and mobile users, and to provide the advanced security and corporate features required for businesses. Additional highlights of the service include:
- Multiple device compatibility - Copy works across Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux computers and offers mobile device support for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android, with Windows Mobile coming soon.
- Easy file sharing without limits - Copy allows users to upload and share files of any size, including 1080p videos and raw photographs, without size limitations often found in email attachments. These shared files and folders can be sent to anyone either publicly or privately and accessed from any location or device.
- More security - Copy provides a secure alternative to other cloud storage services. Included data verification inspects data before Copy accepts it into the user’s cloud storage. File-level ownership is verified prior to transferring anything to other devices. Copy also allows users to share files privately using Copy’s built-in identify verification.
- Company control - Copy extends its cloud storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added controls for proprietary company data.
Pricing and Availability
Copy is available at Copy.com and by installing the free software. Copy also is available as a free app in the Apple App Store for iOS devices and on Google Play for Android devices.
Individual Copy accounts provide 15GB of cloud storage free of charge, and paid plans start at $9.99USD/month or $99USD/year for up to 250GBs.
Copy for Companies introduces an industry-changing no-per-user-fee approach and plans starting at $399.99USD/year for 100GB.