Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate is now available.
From Adobe: New Features
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment
New Camera Support
- Canon EOS 70D (preliminary support)
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the "Reset" button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
Can Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate be installed alongside Lightroom 5?
By default, the Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate for both Windows and Mac will remove or overwrite your existing Lightroom 5 installation. If you wish to return to Lightroom 5 after installing Lightroom 5.2, simply reinstall Lightroom 5 from your original download after uninstalling Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate.
Both versions of the application share the same catalog format allowing your catalogs to be opened by either version without complications
When will the Lightroom 5.2 release candidate expire?
The Lightroom 5.2 release candidate will expire on September 30, 2013.
Will there be an upgrade charge for the final Lightroom 5.2 release?
No, Lightroom 5.2 will be a free update for all current Lightroom 5 customers.
Will additional camera or lens support be available in the final release?
It is possible that additional cameras or lenses will be supported in the final release.
Download** - Windows (ZIP, 800MB) | Mac (ZIP, 446MB)
** System Requirements
Adorama carries Adobe Lightroom 5.