From Canon UK: United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland 6 June 2013
– Canon today expands its range of EF-M lenses with the introduction of the new EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM. Designed for Canon’s Compact System Camera, the EOS M, this is Canon’s first ultra wide-angle EF lens to feature an Optical Image Stabilizer. Offering a versatile wide-angle zoom range, first-class optical performance, and a new retractable design, the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is the perfect addition for EOS M users who wish to capture their passion for landscapes and architecture. Shoot the city, shoot the world
Designed to expand the range of creative possibilities and shooting subjects, the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM has an 11-22mm focal range which provides an incredibly wide field of view. This allows users to capture the environment around them whilst remaining close to the subject – ideal for adding drama and atmosphere to each shot. Class-leading optics deliver incredible results
Engineered using the latest optical technologies, the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM enables users to capture images with incredible levels of detail and quality. Manufactured using Canon’s professional quality standards, the lens uses Super Spectra Coatings designed to minimise ghosting and flare, providing beautiful results with every shot. Images are crisp and clear thanks to Canon’s Optical Image Stabilizer, which works to keep image blur to a minimum by correcting camera shake. A 3-stop shutter speed advantage ensures high quality stills, even when light levels start to fade.
Shooting smooth Full HD movies is easy using the advanced Dynamic IS mode which combats more exaggerated forms of camera shake that occur when shooting video on the move. Canon’s near-silent STM technology also ensures focus noise is supressed during movie capture, so the audience can enjoy crystal clear sound to match the visual quality of the footage captured. Designed for performance and style
Incredibly compact and lightweight, the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM has been designed to fit easily into the smallest of spaces so it can be carried everywhere. A new retractable lens design – a first for the EF lens range – locked in place by a switch, allows users to retract the lens back into the barrel when not in use. This keeps the body slim and compact, reducing the lens length by 13mm. An integrated full time manual focus ring also provides the freedom to make precise adjustments to focus as needed.
Designed to complement the EOS M’s chic styling, the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM features a graphite silver, metal exterior, while the knurled focus and zoom rings are comfortable in the hand and provide easy operation. EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM – key features:
- Ultra-wide 11-22mm EF-M zoom lens
- Compact, retractable lens design
- Smooth, quiet STM focusing in movies
- Dynamic IS for steady movies
- 3-stop optical Image Stabilizer
- High image quality
- 0.15m minimum focusing distance
- Manual focus ring
Adorama carries the Canon EOS M Mirrorless Camera.