From Canon UK: Canon has updated its Project 1709 beta, introducing version 1.1 that offers users the option of full Flickr integration, as well as new management and organisation features. United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 20 March 2013
– Project 1709 version 1.1 now makes it possible to publish images and comments directly to Flickr from within the Project 1709 interface, as well as to pull in images already stored on Flickr, allowing users to enjoy their photographs from an even wider range of social networks.
A series of enhanced functions and management tools have also been added providing greater flexibility to manage and organise images. Project 1709 now includes the ability to edit file names, rotate and delete images and create albums, along with improved search functionality, allowing users to filter images by ‘All’ and ‘Any’ tags.
These new features and functionalities have been added to Project 1709 following feedback and requests from photography enthusiasts who have joined the beta programme since its launch at Photokina in September 2012. Canon will continue development of the service in the run up to a full public launch in 2013.
Consumers interested in participating in the beta can register at www.Project1709.com Project 1709 - key features
- Store a lifetime of your images
- Find any image when you need it
- Access all your photos anytime, everywhere
- Enjoy and make the most of your photos
- Improve your photos to make them the best they can be