From Nikon: Modifications enabled with this firmware upgrade
- Camera settings can now be viewed and changed using the WR-1 when the WR-1 is used as a transmitter and the WR-R10 is connected to a D7100 for use as a receiver.
- Support for the Release Hold Time function built into the WR-1 is now supported when the WR-1 is used as a transmitter and the WR-R10 is used as a receiver.
- To make remote operation using the WR-1 function that allows for division of multiple units into groups (A, B, C, D) more convenient, the group specified with the WR-R10 is now fixed at group A rather than all groups (A, B, C, D) with transmission. With reception, the group is fixed at group A with firmware versions 1.00 and 2.00.
- The following cameras can be used at this time to upgrade the WR-R10 firmware: D7100
Only the camera(s) indicated above can be used to upgrade WR-R10 firmware. Firmware updates can also be perfomed for you at Nikon service centers.
Confirming the firmware version
- Connect the WR-R10 to a camera
- Turn on the camera
- Press the camera's MENU button and select Firmware version from the setup menu.
- The WR-R10's firmware version will be displayed with a "W".
- Turn off the camera.
Download the Nikon WR-R10 2.00 firmware update: Windows | Macintosh
Firmware installation instructions (English, PDF): Windows | Macintosh
B&H carries the Nikon WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller Transceiver.