From Tamron: Professional landscape and nature photographers to lead full-day workshops at eight state parks in 2013. Commack, N.Y., March 4, 2013
- Tamron USA announced that it will host an in-the-field photographic workshop series at eight state parks in 2013. From the scenic mountains of northern Georgia to California's awe-inspiring redwood forests, America's greatest environmental gems will serve as the backdrop for workshop leaders Ed Heaton and David Akoubian, who will lend their nature and landscape photography expertise to help attendees enhance their own photography skills.
It's hard to resist the photographic allure of the country's state parks: More than 725 million people visit them annually, according to the National Association of State Park Directors (NASPD). With more than 6,600 state park units at our cameras' disposal, there are seemingly endless imaging opportunities nestled into every hiking trail, mountain range, and lakeside sunset. "Tamron USA is uniquely positioned to help novice and enthusiast photographers harness the beauty of these natural resources to improve their own landscape and nature photography skills," says Stacie Errera, Tamron USA's Chief Marketing Officer. "Plus, because the state parks on this tour, as well as the other parks in the system, are so accessible and conveniently located, workshop attendees have a great venue to go back to season after season to continue honing those skills."
Photographers participating in Tamron's state park photography workshops will be able to borrow Tamron lenses to take out in the field. Workshop leaders will conduct an instructional seminar during the included lunch; optional sunset sessions may be available at some locations.
State parks currently included on the Tamron USA tour:
- Unicoi State Park (Helen, GA): May 18 with David Akoubian
- Hocking Hills State Park (Logan, OH): June 1 with Ed Heaton
- Ricketts Glen State Park (Benton, PA): July 27 with Ed Heaton
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park (Fenton, CA): August 17 with Ed Heaton
- Letchworth State Park (Castile, NY): October 5 with Ed Heaton
- Eldorado Canyon State Park (Golden, CO): October 12 with David Akoubian
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (Borrego Springs, CA): November 9 with David Akoubian
- Spring Mountain Ranch State Park (Blue Diamond, NV): November 16* with David Akoubian (*dates to be confirmed)
For workshop registration information, go to www.tamron-usa.com/events. For directions and lodging information, as well as a full list of state parks, go to www.americasstateparks.org. Tamron organizers may be able to recommend hotel options for attendees requiring an overnight stay.
B&H carries Tamron lenses.