From LPA Design/PocketWizard: ControlTL MiniTT1 / FlexTT5 Canon Beta Firmware
Beta Firmware Version: 6.201 New Key Features: Compatibility with Canon EOS-1D X:
The following Canon gear is now supported in this beta firmware release:
The Canon 1D X will work in the ControlTL® system with some important operational considerations:
- Manual power control only – No TTL. TTL is not currently available when using the 1D X with a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. See additional information on the next page.
- Manual power control operates normally, which includes the following functions:
- Manual power control for X-sync
- Manual power control for HSS
- Rear Curtain Sync
- AC3 ZoneController with the zone set to “M” for Manual
- Manual power control of compatible flashes like Einstein E640, AlienBees, White Lightning, and select Elinchrom flashes
- Improved HyperSync performance. New HyperSync enhancements allow for the 1D X to perform well when shooting with studio flash above X-sync.
- PowerTracking with the Canon 1D X works with “Full Manual” and the new “Full Manual + FEC” setting. Other PowerTracking settings are not available at this time.
For instructions on downloading the Beta Firmware 6.201, click here.
B&H carries the PocketWizard MiniTT1 radio transmitter and PocketWizard FlexTT5 radio slave.