Iridient Developer is a powerful RAW image conversion application designed and optimized specifically for Mac OS X. Iridient Developer gives advanced photographers total control over every aspect of their digital camera's output, yet still provides easy drag and drop batch conversion and access to basic adjustments for the casual user. Thanks in part to Dave Coffin's work on the open source RAW decoding program dcraw, RAW developer is able to support files from over 400 RAW capable digital camera models!! Note that although we do use portions of dcraw for decoding RAW image files, essentially the entire image processing pipeline is completely unique to RAW Developer this includes the demosaicing algorithms used for all cameras based on RGB color filters (which is nearly all of them), all color management operations, all other processing adjustments, sharpening, noise reduction and final file format conversion. Iridient Developer 2.0 changes: New Features:
- Support for lens corrections including embedded lens metadata from some cameras (Olympus) and RAW formats (DNG), lens profiles (LCP files), automatic and manual chromatic aberration correction and manual distortion correction.
- Newly designed image thumbnail browser with support for live updates.
- Support for star ratings.
- Support for IPTC, XMP and EXIF v2.3 metadata pass through.
- Support for most all standard, non-RAW, image formats including JPEG, TIFF, PNG and more.
- Support for high dynamic range (HDR) image formats including OpenEXR and Radiance.
- Optimized graphics, user interface controls and image rendering for high resolution Retina displays.
- Enhanced full screen support including support for new full screen window controls introduced in 10.7 (Lion).
- Code signed for support of Apple's Gatekeeper security introduced in 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Support for touch gestures for zooming and scrolling preview.
- Support added for the Canon 6D, Rebel T4i (650D, Kiss X6i), EOS-M, S110, G15 and SX50 HS.
- Support added for the Nikon D5200, D600, P7700, 1 V2 and 1 J2.
- Support added for the Sony NEX-6, NEX-5R, SLT-A99 and DSC-RX1.
- Support added for the Olympus E-PL5, E-PM2 and XZ-2 iHS.
- Support added for the Sigma DP1 Merrill and DP2 Merrill.
- Support added for the Panasonic DMC-GH3, DMC-G5, DMC-LX7 and DMC-FZ200.
- Support added for the Pentax K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-30 and Q10.
- Support added for the Samsung NX20, NX210, NX1000 and EX2F.
- Support added for the Leica New S (S3), D-Lux 6 and V-Lux 4.
- Support added for the Fuji F800EXR and XF1.
- Improved preview display quality including support for deep color dithering on 10.7 (Lion) and later.
- The LAB curves keyboard adjustment increments were made adjusted again now offering both smaller and larger increments through the option and shift+option key combos.
- Improved processing of lens color shift metadata for Sigma SD1 and new DP1/2 Merrill models.
- Refined default ICC color profiles for many camera models.
- Numerous performance enhancements including incorporation of Apple's Grand Central Dispatch technology for better utilization of the latest multi-core Intel processors.
- Improved parsing of various lens distance and lens metadata fields.
- Added additional name information for some new lens models.
- Fixed an issue which would cause a crash when loading Fuji X-Pro1 images which had been converted to DNG format. This camera is not currently supported in either native RAF or DNG format.
Download the free demo of Iridient Developer 2.0 here.