This software is for upgrading the COOLPIX S800c firmware from v1.0 or v1.1 to v1.2. Verify your camera’s firmware version using the instructions below. If this latest version is already installed in your camera, you need not update the firmware.
Be sure that you have read and understand the terms of the license agreement before initiating download of this software from the links at the bottom of this page. Modifications enabled in this version
- The position information the GPS function attached to images was sometimes incorrect. This issue has been resolved.
- If images were captured before the playback mode icon is displayed, the date and time recorded was incorrect. This issue has been resolved.
How to verify your cameras current firmware version
If the latest firmware version is already installed on your S800c you need not proceed with download or installation of this Firmware Upgrade. The current firmware version can be verified from the Firmware version item in the camera's setup menu.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press the MENU button is shooting or playback mode, and tap Setup.
- Drag the screen down until Firmware version is displayed, and then tap Firmware Version.
- The camera's firmware version will be displayed.
- Turn off the camera.
Quick Install Guide
This is the quick install guide.
Power the camera from AC adapter unit or use a fully charged battery.
- Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer's hard drive.
- Download the Windows (.EXE) or Macintosh (.DMG) file from the links at the bottom of this page to the folder created in step 1.
- Run the downloaded file to create a folder called S800CUpdate which contains the firmware folder.
- Use a card reader or similar device to copy the firmware folder to the root directory of a formatted SD memory card.
- Insert the memory card into the camera's memory card slot and turn on the camera.
- Tap Firmware version in the camera's setup menu and follow instructions displayed to upgrade the firmware.
- After the upgrade is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Access the Firmware version item in the camera's setup menu to confirm that the firmware has been upgraded.
Download the Firmware Update 1.2: Windows | Macintosh