Nikon Europe has issued a plan regarding Mac OS X version 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility testing:
We are pleased to announce the following regarding compatibility testing of our Macintosh software product with Mac OS X version 10.8.
- ViewNX 2 - compatibility available with Ver. 2.5.0 and later. The latest version is available for download.
We plan to test the Macintosh versions of the following software applications for compatibility with Mac OS X version 10.8 (some older applications will not be tested). We will announce our plans regarding full compatibility once testing is complete.
- Capture NX 2
- Camera Control Pro 2
- Short Movie Creator
- Nikon Message Center 2
- Wireless Transmitter Utility (previously WT-4 Setup Utility)
- Thumbnail Selector
- GP-N100 Utility
- IPTC Preset Manager
- Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0
We do not intend to provide compatibility with the following applications.
- Capture NX Ver. 1.x
- Camera Control Pro Ver. 1.x
- Nikon Capture series
- ViewNX Ver. 1.x
- Nikon Transfer Ver. 1.x
- Nikon View series
- Nikon Scan series
- PictureProject COOLPIX Remote Control
- WT-3 Setup Utility
- Wireless Camera Setup Utility
- Wireless Connecting Utility
- nik Color Efex Pro 2.0
- PC-PJ Transfer
See the announcement regarding Mac OS X version 10.7 “Lion” compatibility.
In addition, we do not plan to provide compatibility for other software, or SCSI- or serial-connection products. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.