Tamron to Open Sales and Marketing Subsidiary in Russia
Monday, April 09, 2012
Live in Russia? Tamron is coming to you:
Start of a new sales company in Russia
Tamron Co., Ltd. (Morio Ono, President & CEO) announced today that it would establish a new wholly owned subsidiary in Russia for sales and marketing.
Russia, being one of the major markets in the world that has posted significant growths in recent years, has been served by a local distributor. In 2009, Tamron established a representative office in Moscow to collect market information, through research activities while strengthening collaboration with the distributor.
To take it to the next phase, Tamron has decided to establish a sales company aimed at implementing a full-fledged business development as further expansion of SLR camera and security surveillance camera markets are anticipated.
By making the move, Tamron aims to expand sales by enhancing brand recognition with strategic marketing and customer relations by delivering better service. At the initial stage, interchangeable lenses for SLR cameras will be the primary focus, followed by expansion to security surveillance camera lenses, etc. Sales in Belarus and Kazakhstan, allied by the free trade agreement with Russia, would be planned as well.
2. Specifics of the plan
(1) Company name: Tamron (Russia) LLC.
(2) Address: Unikon Business Center 5F No.9, Plekhanova Street 4, Moscow, 111141, Russian Federation
(3) Representative Dmitry Ivutin, President
(4) Principal Business Import, sales and service of optical products
(5) Capital 34 Million Russian Ruble
(6) Investment Ratio 100% by Tamron Co., Ltd.
(7) Date of establishment March 26, 2012
(8) Employees Approximately 10 initially
(9) Start of Operation May, 2012 (Planned)
3. Effect on the fiscal term ending December 31, 2012
There is no significant effect on the financial positions for the current year ending December 31, 2012.