Sans press release, the Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR Nikkor Lens has shown up on Nikon UK's website. Here are the details:
High-powered DX-format zoom lens with wide-angle to super-telephoto reach. Built to handle diverse situations, this all-round lens offers an ultra-high 16.7x zoom ratio with an incredibly wide 18-300mm focal range.
Nikon’s second-generation Vibration Reduction system delivers sharp results, even when shooting handheld at the super-telephoto end of the range, and enables a steady image in the camera’s viewfinder. The high quality optical design boasts three ED glass elements for outstanding sharpness and contrast. A practical zoom-lock switch keeps the lens secure when not in use.
Incredibly versatile, this lens is perfect for travel, or for days when you only want to take one lens out with you. Key Features
- DX format 16.7x zoom lens with versatile 18-300mm focal range (FX/35mm equivalent:27 to 450mm)
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system enables more flexible hand-held shooting and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
- Maximum aperture of f/5.6 at the telephoto end of the range.
- Zoom-lock switch keeps the lens secure when not in use.
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly.
- Three ED glass and three aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, whisper-quiet autofocus.
- Compact and lightweight design for a lens with this range.
Focal length: 18-300 mm
Maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
Minimum aperture: f/22-32
Lens construction: 19 elements in 14 groups (including 3 aspherical lens elements and 3 ED lens elements)
Angle of view: 76°-5°20'
Focusing: Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
Minimum focus distance: 300 mm focal length: 0.45 m (1.48 ft) from focal plane
Maximum reproduction ratio: 1/3.2x
No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Filter-attachment size: 77 mm (P=0.75 mm)
Dimensions: Approx. 83 mm diameter x 120 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
Weight: Approx. 830 g (29.3 oz)