Nikon has posted version 1.10 firmware for the 1 J1 and 1 V1:
Nikon 1 J1 1.10: USA
Nikon 1 V1 1.10: USA
Modifications enabled with this firmware upgrade
Support for the Mount Adapter FT1 has been added. The FT1 enables the use of Nikon F-mount NIKKOR lenses with the J1. Primary specifications are as follows:
- Autofocusing is possible when AF-S lenses are used. However, focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF) and AF-area mode is fixed at Single-point with only the center focus point used.
- The focus indicator (range finder) can be used with CPU lenses.
- [P], [S], [A], and [M] exposure modes can be used with CPU lenses.
- [A] and [M] exposure modes can be used with non-CPU lenses. Aperture is specified using the aperture ring on the lens.
- Vibration reduction (VR) functions when VR lenses are used. Enable vibration reduction, or specify a setting, using switches on the lens.
- Shooting in Motion Snapshot mode is only possible when focus has been acquired with an AF-S lens.
- The Smart Photo Selector function cannot be used.
A Pixel mapping item has been added to the setup menu. Use this feature when unexpected bright spots are recorded in images. Please see the PDF addenda below.
Pixel Mapping Addenda - English - file size: 40.9KB
Pixel Mapping Addenda - Spanish - file size: 40.4KB
Focus Aid Addenda - English - file size: 243KB
Focus Aid Addenda - Spanish - (coming soon)