This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original one that was installed with Adobe® Photoshop® CS5, Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Adobe Premiere® Elements 8 software. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras. Windows
Here is more information from Lightroom Journal:
Camera Raw 6.1 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS5. This update includes camera support for the following models:
• Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
• Kodak Z981
• Leaf Aptus-II 8
• Leaf Aptus-II 10R
• Mamiya DM40
• Olympus E-PL1
• Olympus E-600
• Panasonic G2
• Panasonic G10
• Sony A450
• Camera Raw 6.1 includes new lens correction functionality that can apply profile-based corrections to accommodate geometric distortions, chromatic aberration and lens vignette effects. Manual corrections for geometric distortion as well as vertical and horizontal perspective transforms are also available. A handful of lens profiles are included for automatic correction and more can be created by the community with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator/)
• This release addresses a bug on the Mac platform that could cause Photoshop CS5 to quit unexpectedly when opening a file in the Camera Raw 6.0 plug-in.
• This release contains performance enhancements designed to improve the responsiveness of the controls and the scrolling mechanism relative to Camera Raw 6.0.
• The camera support provided in this release was previously provided in the Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in update with the exception of the Olympus E-600 which is new to this update. Please read the following blog post for an explanation of why redundant support has been released.
• Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on our Camera Raw 6.1 Release Candidate