From Cactus: Go high-speed sync! Cactus launches the V6 II, a newest version of its popular Wireless Flash Transceiver to add cross-brand HSS and the V6 IIs, a dedicated Sony version. Hong Kong, June Hong Kong, June 24, 2016
– After two years in the making, Cactus V6 II & IIs - the second generation of the World’s First cross-brand wireless flash transceiver, NOW supports high-speed synchronisation (HSS)! Besides the revolutionary remote power control of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax flashes all at the same time, the new models now support HSS / FP mode in the same cross-brand environment.1 This unique function gives photographers flexibility undreamed of. Matching flashes with same camera system for off-camera flash photography is over. Two High-Speed Sync Modes
- 1. Normal HSS: Supports shutter speed up to 1/8000s.
- 2. Power Sync: Boosts flash contribution above camera’s x-sync speed, perfect
- for extreme conditions where Normal HSS is not powerful enough.
Cactus also extends HSS capabilities to Fujifilm cameras despite them not yet supporting high-speed sync at the time of writing. AF-assist
Both the V6 II and IIs now has an automatic LED AF-assist light that makes autofocusing in dark environments possible – even in pitched-black! Besides the cameramounted V6 II/IIs, off-camera units will also activate the AF-assist light, which helps focusing even when camera is far from the subject. V6 IIs for Sony
The dedicated Sony version – V6 IIs, embodies all the desirable functions of its sibling V6 II but with a Sony compatible hot shoe on the transceiver body, ensuring a seamless and secured connection with Sony cameras and flashes. Mounting the V6 IIs on a Sony Alpha camera allows the photographer to shoot above camera’s maximum x-sync speed and control power and zoom of Sony, including those with a Minolta/Sony hot shoe via an adapter, and other V6 II compatible flashes. 4 It is the perfect wireless flash trigger for existing and new users of Sony Alpha cameras, especially those who may still have non-Sony system flashes in their camera bags. Highly Intelligent
V6 II and IIs can now auto-detect the on-camera portable flashes at device start-up by selecting the system the flash belongs to and assigning an Auto flash profile.
Similarly, the V6 II will auto-detect the camera and selects the system accordingly. This simple plug-and-play makes the setting up extremely quick and easy that both amateurs and professionals appreciate. Expands Flash Compatibility
Remote zoom control now applies to all compatible TTL flashes, gives the photographer much quicker controls. Better still, previously unsupported digital TTL flash models on the V6 are now being supported. Features at a Glance
- Cross-brand wireless manual power and zoom control with HSS support of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony flashes;
- Two cross-brand high-speed sync modes:
Multi-master supports up to 20 photographers firing the same set of flashes at their own power settings;AF-assist light assist light assist light assists focusing in low light environment;Flash profile customization ensures accurate power Flash profile customization output;Work seamlessly with the RF60 series to support HSS Work seamlessly with the RF60 series and Power Sync;Other useful features inherited from the V6 useful features inherited from the V6 useful features inherited from the V6 including:
- Normal HSS supports shutter speeds up to 1/8000s;
- Power Sync boosts flash contribution above camera’s Power Sync x-sync speed;
Price and Availability
- Low Power
- Absolute Power
- TTL Pass-through
- Group Sequence
- Sport Shutter
- Remote Shutter
- Relay Mode
- Delay Mode
- Firmware Update support
Cactus V6 II and IIs are currently scheduled to be available in 2016 July and August respectively and both are priced at US$95.00 (ex VAT). B&H
carries the original Cactus V6 Flash Transceivers
From LensRentals: Happy 4th of July!
Renting gear for the long weekend? Save 15%
on all orders arriving this week with code HAPPY4TH
To support this site, navigate to the appropriate product review
and click the
button. * Order must have arrival date between 6/27/16-7/1/16. Must use code HAPPY4TH.
Live Again: Amazon
is featuring the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter
as a Lightning Deal
and is available for $679.00. Compare at $799.00. Note:
You'll have to click the button that says "View Lightning Deal Offer" to see the reduced pricing.
Owning a drone is a fun way to expand your imaging opportunities. And with the FAA's newly released guidelines
, there's less uncertainty than ever regarding the ownership and use of drones. Below is an image I snapped a couple of weeks ago using the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. [Sean]
Want to know more about DLSR infrared conversions? Look no further!
I've had my LifePixel IR-converted EOS 7D for about 8 months now and I've used it substantially over that time. An IR-converted camera has been an inspiring tool to have at-hand, and I've been able to create intriguing imagery
that I never would have been able to create otherwise.
Check out our Infrared Camera Conversion by LifePixel Review
for an overview of IR photography and how LifePixel can help you create unique imagery. [Sean]
For today only, B&H
has the Manfrotto Off Road Hiker 30L Backpack (Gray or Red)
available for $69.95 with free shipping. Regularly $199.95. Product Highlights
- Holds DSLR, 70-200 Zoom and Extra Lens
- Removable Photo Insert with Zipper
- Movable Touch-Fastening Dividers
- Large Top-Flap for Weather Protection
- Protective Rain Cover Included
- Two Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Padded Adjustable Waistband for Comfort
- Waist Band Pocket for Smartphone
- Padded Nylon Mesh to Reduce Moisture