From Think Tank Photo
: Urban Disguise Classic Think Tank Releases 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Urban Disguise Classic Shoulder Bag and Limited Edition Airport International LE Classic Premium Quality Rolling Camera Bag
As part of its 10th Anniversary celebration, Think Tank Photo will be releasing releasing a classic edition of its flagship camera shoulder bag, the Urban Disguise. The Urban Disguise Classic is crafted with genuine full-grain leather accents and panels. This traveler’s quick access bag is available in four sizes to suit a variety of gear carrying needs. They are built to protect photographic equipment with enduring materials, including a padded compartment for a laptop.
The UD Classic features the professional good looks of a briefcase without calling attention to it obviously being a camera shoulder bag carrying expensive photographic equipment. The Classic features new design elements over its predecessors, including the wide-mouth camera compartment for unencumbered access. For greater convenience, the Urban Disguise Classic’s pass-through strap fits any Airport International roller’s handle for easy transport. When paired with the Airport International LE Classic, they work together as a high-end, coordinated set. Key Features
- Professional appearance with full-grain leather accents.
- Separate padded compartment for carrying a laptop and tablet (tablet fits in front pocket on UD35).
- Wide-mouth opening for unencumbered access to gear.
- Expansion zipper increases depth to fit a gripped DSLR with standard zoom lens attached, in main compartment (50 & 60 only).
- Ingenious pass-through shoulder strap aids in placing the shoulder bag at the base of a rolling suitcase, making it easier to transport.
- Wide pocket under lid is large enough for gripped camera bodies, documents or a tablet.
- Lockable zippers on the camera and laptop compartment.
- Reinforced dividers ensure gear is held at the top of the bag.
- Sound silencers enable user to silence the hook/loop closure on the front flap.
- Wide roller handle pass-through secures bag on the handle of a rolling suitcase.
- Stretchable side pockets for a water bottle, strobe unit or compact umbrella.
- Front pocket organizer gives quick access to pens, business cards and keys.
- Leather wrapped dual handle system for carrying comfortably.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included.
- UD Classic converts into a backpack with “Backpack Conversion Straps” (sold separately).
Airport International LE Classic
- Urban Disguise 35 Classic: 1 standard or gripped DSLR with lens attached, one additional lens, flash, tablet and up to a 13.3” laptop (with standard camera body only).
- Urban Disguise 40 Classic: 1–2 standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–3 additional lenses, a tablet and up to a 13.3” laptop.
- Urban Disguise 50 Classic: 1–2 gripped or standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–4 additional lenses, a tablet and up to a 15.4” widescreen laptop.
- Urban Disguise 60 Classic: 1–2 gripped or standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–5 additional lenses, a tablet, and up to a 17” widescreen laptop.
In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, Think Tank Photo will be releasing a limited edition version of its most popular rolling carry-on camera case, the Airport International LE Classic. Crafted with genuine, full-grain leather accents and panels, this classic version represents everything the Think Tank brand is known for: premium quality, innovative design and long-lasting durability. Designed to complement Think Tank’s all-new Urban Disguise Classic shoulder bags series, together, these two bags make a beautiful set of matching cases that meet international airline carry-on standards.
The Airport International LE Classic carry-on roller lets photographers legally store their bodies, lenses, and accessories in overhead bins or under the seats of international carriers. For added security, it features front-pocket and main compartment combination locks and a cable from a secret rear hatch that allow it to be secured to posts, trees, and other immovable objects.
Airport International accommodates up to a 500mm f/4 lens unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies, and other photography accessories. TSA approved combination locks secure the main compartment zipper sliders.
“The Airport International LE Classic is most definitely a limited edition bag. In celebration of our founding 10 years ago in my garage, we have added such one-time highlights as full-grain leather accents and panels,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s founder and lead designer. “The Airport International LE Classic is extremely useful for wedding and commercial photographers who need quick access to their gear and who are concerned about gear security while shooting remotely.” Key Features
- Limited Edition with full-grain leather accents and panels.
- International and US carry-on size for most carriers.
- TSA-approved combination zipper locks secure main compartment.
- Two lock and cable systems: one to secure a laptop, keys, etc., one to secure the entire bag to a fixed object.
- Up to a 500mm f/4 lens unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies.
- A standard professional kit consisting of two standard or gripped camera bodies, multiple professional lenses, flashes and accessories.
Think Tank Photo has the Urban Disguise Classic
and Airport International LE Classic
available for order.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo
Post Date: 9/16/2014 2:40:04 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Through tomorrow, use promo code REDSALE20R
to save 20%
on all Red Giant software
Post Date: 9/16/2014 11:23:55 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Nikon has added D750 support to View NX 2, Capture NX-D and Picture Utility Control 2. See below for update links. Download Software Updates B&H
has the Nikon D750
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/16/2014 10:51:42 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Lexar: Milpitas, CA, September 16, 2014
– Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced the new Lexar Professional 2000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards, the fastest UHS-II memory cards available on the market today. To complement the new line and create a full portfolio of SD UHS-II products, Lexar also announced new Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards and the new Professional Workflow SR2, a SD UHS-II USB 3.0 reader.
The new Lexar Professional 2000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II memory cards leverage the new Ultra High Speed II, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) specification, to quickly capture and transfer high-quality photos and 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video. Available in 32GB and 64GB capacities, the cards offer transfer speeds up to 300MB per second and write speeds up to 260MB per second.* Additionally, every 2000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II card includes a SD UHS-II reader for high-speed file transfer of photos and videos from the card to any PC or Mac, offering users immediate performance right out of the package.
Rounding out the new SD UHS-II card line up, the Lexar Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards provide read transfer speeds up to 150MB per second and write transfer speeds up to 95MB per second.** The cards are available in a full range of capacities, from 16GB to 256GB. The Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II line of memory cards offer professional photographers, videographers, and enthusiasts great performance at a more affordable price.
“UHS-II technology really raises the bar in terms of performance. The latest UHS-II additions to our Lexar Professional product portfolio provide users the ability to capture and offload work even faster, so they can get back to what’s important--capturing great images and video,” said Adam Kaufman, director of card product marketing, Lexar. “Our multi-line UHS-II product offering gets performance into the hands of any user at a great value and with the Professional 2000x card, it comes right out of the box.”
To complete the new UHS-II product portfolio, the Lexar Professional Workflow line has expanded to include the Professional Workflow SR2 reader, a SD UHS-II USB 3.0 reader. The Professional Workflow SR2 reader is compatible with both the new 2000x and 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards, as well as the Professional Workflow HR2 (Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub) and Professional Workflow HR1 (USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub). The readers are sold separately so users can configure a hub into an ideal solution that meets their unique workflow needs, or can use the readers individually while on the go.
The Professional 2000x and 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards are backwards compatible with older cameras and readers, performing at UHS-I and Class 10 speeds. The cards also include the latest version of Image Rescue software and come with a limited lifetime warranty.*** The Lexar Professional 2000x card will be available in Q4 with MSRPs of $184.99 (64GB) and $105.99 (32GB). The Lexar Professional 1000x card will also be available in Q4 and has MSRPs of $546.99 (256GB), $174.99 (128GB), $97.99 (64GB), $55.99 (32GB), and $31.99 (16GB), while the Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 reader has an MRSP of $29.99 and will be available in Q4. B&H
carries Lexar memory cards
Post Date: 9/16/2014 10:02:40 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Tamron is offering rebates on select lenses from September 15 through October 31. See below for details. Tamron Fall Rebates
Post Date: 9/16/2014 9:40:36 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Profoto YouTube Channel:
On September 15, 2014, the Profoto B1 became the world’s first off-camera flash to do TTL with both Nikon and Canon cameras.
Nikon shooters attach the Air Remote TTL-N (released today) to their camera’s hotshoe, Canon shooters the Air Remote TTL-C (released last year).
Both get to shoot with TTL and without any cords, and with plenty of power, speed and light shaping options.
To celebrate this, we gave B1 off-camera flashes, an Air Remote TTL-N and some Light Shaping Tools to wedding photographer Brian Marcus and asked him to take them for a spin on the streets of New York City.
How did they perform? Click play and see for yourself. Gear Used in the Video
Post Date: 9/16/2014 8:22:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From BlackRapid: September 15, 2014 -
Carry binoculars with, or without, a BlackRapid Double/Double Slim with our Binocular Strap.
Attaching to the shoulder straps of a Double strap, the Binocular Strap allows anyone to hang their binoculars comfortably while still carrying two cameras.
When not carrying any cameras, the Binocular Strap’s included neck strap is a comfortable and convenient standalone solution.
When not in use the Binocular Strap can be stowed in the included microfibre carry sack. Features
- Adapt the Binocular Strap to carry on a BlackRapid Double
- Easily attached/removed
- Standalone functionality
- Microfibre carry sack included
Convert nearly any backpack into a BlackRapid sling-strap with our Backpack Strap.
Attaching to the shoulder straps of an existing backpack and going diagonally across the torso, your favorite backpack can be customised with BlackRapid’s popular sling strap functionality.
When not in use the Backpack Strap can be stowed in the included microfibre carry sack. Features
- Convert a backpack to camera sling function
- Easily attached/removed
- Microfibre carry sack included
B&H carries the BlackRapid Binocular Strap
and Backpack Strap
Post Date: 9/15/2014 6:52:29 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Profoto: Profoto releases Air Remote TTL-N, a clever little unit that allows Nikon shooters to do TTL metering with the Profoto B1 off-camera flash. September 15, 2014 -
“Game changer.” “Light of my life.” “A little bit of light and magic.” These are just a few of the words that were said when the Profoto B1 off-camera flash was released in November 2013.
The most attention-grabbing feature of the B1 was, and still is, its TTL metering. The TTL feature was initially only available for Canon shooters. But Profoto promised to continue to develop the B1’s patent-pending AirTTL system to also include Nikon. Today, Profoto delivers on that promise by releasing the Air Remote TTL-N.
Air Remote TTL-N is a small, wireless radio transmitter that attaches to the Nikon camera’s hotshoe. Attaching the unit enables TTL metering with the B1. The Air Remote TTL-N can also be used to manually control and sync the B1 or any other Profoto flash with Air built-in.
In other words, Air Remote TTL-N is the Nikon shooter’s equivalent to the Canon shooter’s Air Remote TTL-C (available since November 2013). But note that it is only the Air Remote TTL unit that is different depending on the camera that you are using. The B1 works the same regardless of camera brand. There are two AirTTL remotes, but there is only one B1 off-camera flash.
Air Remote TTL-N is sold separately. The recommended sales price is €295 / $395. The already released Air Remote TTL-C has the same price.
Profoto will continue to develop the AirTTL system and the off-camera flash concept. Next in line is a firmware upgrade for high-speed sync (HSS). New Light Shaping Tools, optimized for on-location photography, are also on their way. Furthermore, Profoto is looking into adding TTL functionality for even more camera manufacturers. B&H
has the Profoto Air Remote TTL-N
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/15/2014 6:23:26 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Nikon Europe YouTube Channel:
Nikon presents a film by Nikon Ambassador John Wright, featuring the Nikon/MRMC Studio Bot and ex Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt as they perform together. The production was shot entirely on a Nikon D810 camera attached to the Nikon/MRMC robotic solution and demonstrates the level of creative control available on the Nikon/MRMC Studio Bot as it is animated to dance with professional dancer and performer Kimberly. No CGI was used in the making of this production and all camera positions where robotic or static.
Check out the Behind the Scenes segment below (very interesting): B&H
carries the Nikon D810 DSLR Camera
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:57:26 PM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens for Canon/Nikon
) available for $1,199.00. Comapre at $1,499.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:20:36 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via drivengps) has the Refurbished Google Nexus 7 FHD 32GB Tablet
available for $159.99 with free shipping. Compare at $269.00 new.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:12:40 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Adobe Photoshop YouTube Channel:
Photoshop Principal Product Manager Bryan O'Neil Hughes shows how to use the DNG Profile Editor to adjust color and light. Adobe
offers Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5
for $9.99 per month.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:03:34 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Tamron: XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element and LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements deployed in the front group ensures outstanding image depicting performance. Proprietary eBAND coating coupled with improved BBAR coating efficiently reduces ghosting and flare inherent to wideangle focal lengths to an absolute minimum.
September 12, 2014, Saitama, Japan. - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, announces development of a new ultra-wideangle zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras with a fast F/2.8 aperture and VC (Vibration Compensation), the world's first in its category. The price and launch date are to be determined. The lens will be showcased at the Tamron booth at Photokina 2014, September 16- 21, 2014 in Cologne, Germany (Photokina Booth Number:Hall 4.2 D10 - E19).
Since 2012, Tamron has been expanding its lineup of interchangeable lenses for 35mm full-frame DSLR cameras. SP 24-70mm F/2.8 was the first in the series, being integrated with VC, followed by the 70-200mm F/2.8, 90mm F/2.8 Macro, and 150-600mm F/5-6.3. The array of those new lenses have been highly acclaimed among the photo enthusiasts and working pros around the globe. To address the needs for more towards the wider angular field, Tamron spearheaded the development of SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD, a fast ultra-wideangle zoom lens with the image stabilization feature, setting itself apart from the rest of zooms in this category. Product Highlights
- Superb image quality and performance - With an optical construction of 18 elements in 13 groups, inclusive of XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element placed at the front group and several LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements in the system, aberrations such as geometrical distortion and lateral color are efficiently compensated for enabling the zoom lens to deliver outstanding image quality throughout the entire range from corner to corner.
- Prominent competence of VC when shooting night scenes and under low light conditions - Recognizing the needs for image stabilization capability on a wideangle lens voiced by a number of photographers, especially for a full-frame, fast F/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens category, VC is tuned for providing discernible competence throughout the entire zoom range. The feature enhances image depicting capabilities for shooting night scenes and under low light conditions.
- Benefit of the eBAND and the improved BBAR coatings - Tamron's acclaimed BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating is further refined to render uniformity in transmissivity across the critical bandwidths. Coupled with the eBAND coating, ghosting and flare typically observed on ultra-wideangle lenses are efficiently eliminated, resulting in crisper and crystal-clear images.
- Fluorine coating on the front element, Tamron's first - Due to the large diameter and the prominent convex profile of the front element, it is not practical to deploy a protective filter. For the first time, a fluorine coating is applied to the front element, which repels water or any type of dirt, while making it easier to remove such smudge when contaminated.
- Fascinating background "bokeh" with the fast maximum aperture of F/2.8 - Natural and smooth blur on the subject background enhances depictive capabilities of wide-angle photography when a subject is located in the close distance. The 9-blade diaphragm construction retains a near-circular aperture opening even when stopped down by two steps from its full open position and delivers ideal bokeh effects.
- Easy-to-use autofocus - Speed of autofocus and control accuracy are further improved. USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) delivers tack-sharp images due to the high torque and fast response speed with least amount of lag time, yet with extremely low acoustic noise. Equipped with a full-time manual focus mechanism, fine focus adjustments are enabled without exiting from the AF mode.
- Comes with "SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron", RAW image processing software customized for Tamron SP lenses - The SILKYPIX Developer Studio software provides an added feature to generate high-quality images from RAW data, while performing adjustments to reflect a personal style and a taste of the photographer. These include white balance, color, sharpness, and the tonal curves recorded by digital cameras.
- The SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron provides a range of functions, in addition to the basic adjustment capabilities, such as correcting aberrations (lateral color, distortion, relative illumination fall-off) referring to the optical design data. Optimal use with Tamron's SP series lenses - renowned for their high-depiction capabilities - delivers images that meet photographers' most exacting demands.
|Angle of View (diagonal) ||110° 32'–71°35' (for full frame format)|
| ||85°51'–49°53' (for APS-C format)|
|Lens Construction ||18 elements in 13 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11in. (0.28m)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio ||1:5|
|Length ||For Canon 5.7in. (145mm) / For Nikon 5.6in. (143mm) |
|Weight||38.8 oz. (1,100g)|
|Diaphragm Blades||9 (circular diaphragm) |
|Standard Accessories||Lens caps (push-on front & rear)|
|Compatible Mounts||Canon, Nikon, Sony|
No release date or MSRP was provided with this press release. We will add more information as it becomes available.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 1:05:16 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Sigma: Hyper-telephoto zoom lenses added to both Sports and Contemporary Global Vision lines
RONKONKOMA, N.Y — September 12, 2014 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, has announced two new 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM high-performance, hyper-telephoto zoom lenses that celebrate significant optical and build advancements. The two lens designs vary in size and use, and add to the company’s impressive roster of Contemporary and Sports lenses in the Global Vision lineup.
The 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports delivers enhanced, professional-grade optics and greater durability for challenging, high-action photographic situations. The 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary is a versatile lens that offers similar performance in a more compact and portable design. Pricing and availability of these lenses are not yet available.
Both versions of the 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM feature dust and splash-proof features, as well as new water and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear lenses. They boast an updated Optical Stabilizer (OS) that features an accelerometer for improved vertical and horizontal panning, essential for bird, wildlife and motor sports photography. Two new switches were added for ease-of-use, including a new zoom lock switch capable of locking at any focal distance and a Manual Override (MO) switch for improved control of focusing performance. An enhanced auto focus (AF) algorithm and Hyper Sonic Motor ensure quiet and fast AF. The lenses are compatible with Sigma’s newly announced lineup of Global Vision teleconverters, which are effective up to F/8.
“The Global Vision Art, Sports and Contemporary lines were developed to help photographers identify lenses that are best suited to their specific photography and these two lenses are perfect examples of that intent,” Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “While they share a focal length and many outstanding features, these lenses are designed with different photographers in mind. Both high-performance lenses, one is for the professional-grade action shooter; the other for photographers looking for high performance and portability.”
The 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports offers the highest level of performance and durability with a splash and dust proof construction, and features dimensions of 4.8 inches by 11.4 inches, with a weight of 100.9 ounces. It contains 24 lens elements in 16 groups – including two FLD and three SLD glass elements – with a minimum aperture of F/22 and minimum focusing distance of 102.4 inches. Its maximum magnification ratio is also 1:5. The Sports lens will be available in Sigma, Canon and Nikon mounts.
The 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens is the first hyper-telephoto zoom lens from the Global Vision Contemporary line, and will enable easy handling with a smaller build than its Sports counterpart. It is equipped with a splash and dust proof mount, and while the weight of the lens is still to be determined, its dimensions will be 4.1 inches by 10.2 inches. The lens will feature 20 elements in 14 groups – including one FLD and three SLD glass elements – with a minimum aperture of F/22 and minimum focusing distance of 110.2 inches. Its maximum magnification ratio is 1:5. It will be available in Sigma, Canon, Nikon and Sony mounts.
All of Sigma’s Global Vision lenses are compatible with the company’s USB dock and Mount Conversion Service, and undergo individual testing before being shipped. Using the USB Dock allows for advanced customization of AF speed, OS viewing modes, focus limiter and firmware updates. Every Sigma Global Vision lens is tested with Sigma’s proprietary “A1” MTF measuring system prior to shipping to ensure optimal performance and image quality.
The company will be exhibiting at the 2014 Photokina in Cologne, Germany, later this month. The latest lenses from the Global Vision lineup will be on display at the event and attendees are invited to stop by booth #B20/C29 in Hall 4.2. Preorder Opportunities:
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens - B&H
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens - B&H
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:24:59 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Sigma: New range in Sigma’s lineup offers optimized optics and stabilization with optional, add-on close-up lens for macro-zoom capability
RONKONKOMA, N.Y — September 12, 2014 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, is adding a new lens to its Global Vision Contemporary category with today’s announcement of the 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM. The lens will become available in October for the street price of $579.00.
Designed exclusively for APS-C camera sensors, the new 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM features a 16.6x high-ratio zoom lens which equates to a 27-450mm zoom range. It incorporates four “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements, which have performance equal to flourite, in addition to one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element. This enables the lens to minimize the chromatic aberration, especially toward the telephoto-end, and provide clear image quality with high color fidelity. Also, this lens comes with a newly developed optical stabilization (OS) system, ensuring better compensation.
“We expect the 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM to be yet another standout in our Global Vision lineup, and a perfect option for anyone looking to carry minimal equipment and still be able to capture breathtaking images” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “It will be a compact and affordable, high-performance, all-in-one lens that offers wide-angle to telephoto versatility and the very unique macro-zoom capability for close-ups. It’s perfect for all photographic needs – especially for those purchasing this product as their first time interchangeable lens.”
The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of 15 inches, with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3. To enhance the macro capabilities of the lens, Sigma Corporation has also designed a dedicated close-up AML72-01 lens that pairs with the 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 to offer a maximum magnification ratio 1:2 and changeable angles of view. Even when this close-up lens is attached, the image taken at maximum magnification ratio, at 300mm, infinity, shows very little difference in modulation transfer function (MTF). This close-up lens will be sold separately for $55 and will also be available in October.
The 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM incorporates a bigger and newly developed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) that ensures high speed and quiet AF. Additionally the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, to provide the user with sharp and high contrast images.
The lens will be available in Sigma, Nikon, Canon, Pentax and Sony mounts; Pentax and Sony mounts will not offer OS.
The 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM is compatible with Sigma’s USB dock, allowing photographers to update the lens’ firmware and change focus parameters using Sigma's Optimization Pro software. It is also compatible with Sigma’s Mount Conversion Service. Sigma remains one of the very few manufacturers whose products are solely made in Japan. Moreover, all products, including the 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM was designed to surpass the required quality inspection of every Global Vision lens with Sigma’s own modulation transfer function (MTF) “A1” measuring system to create a new optical standard to align with the high-spec cameras on today’s market.
The company will be exhibiting at the 2014 Photokina in Cologne, Germany, later this month. The latest lenses from the Global Vision lineup will be on display at the event and attendees are invited to stop by booth #B20/C29 in Hall 4.2. B&H
has the Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM Contemporary
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:17:42 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Sigma: New filters and teleconverters help photographers maximize optical performance and use of lenses
RONKONKOMA, N.Y— September 12, 2014 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, today announced its first line of Global Vision accessories.
Building on the exceptional quality and sleek design of Sigma’s popular Global Vision lenses, the company will now offer two new teleconverters offering magnifications of 1.4x and 2x, respectively, and four new lens filter types, including three water repellent (WR) models.
“The announcement of these new accessories reaffirms our commitment to providing photographers with the highest quality tools they need to experience the amazing photographic details of our lenses,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. Teleconverters: TC-1401 and TC-2001
The teleconverters TC-1401 and TC-2001 are developed as dedicated attachments for Sigma Global Vision lenses. By mounting it in between a telephoto lens and a camera, the TC-1401 and TC-2001 will magnify a lens’ focal length by 1.4 and 2 times, respectively. Both models now incorporate Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements, the TC-1401 with 1 and the TC-2001 with 2 SLD elements, which offer excellent aberration correction and maintain the exceptional image quality of the original lens. The TC-1401 will be sold for the street price of $349, and the TC-2001 will be sold for $399. Availability is still yet to be announced for both teleconverters.
The teleconverters come packed with additional special features – its power distribution is designed for Sigma lenses of large diameter. Without affecting the lens performance, these options offer stable image quality through the zoom at every focal length and on the corners of the frame. Additionally, the tele converters are designed for high durability – being both dust and splash-proof. These new teleconverters are capable of shooting effective AF at F8, if the camera can do so. Filter lineups: WR Protector, Protector, WR UV Filter, WR Circular PL Filter
With the new Global Vision lens filters, Sigma will now offer 13 filter size options in four new lineups. These filters offer several new features that enable photographers to maximize the optical performance of Sigma’s lenses in various conditions. The filters will be available for purchase in October.
These filters have a new design that suits the high optical performance of all new Global Vision products to prevent vignetting or the decrease in peripheral light quantities especially when the thinner wide type filters are used with Sigma lenses. By incorporating Sigma’s Super Multi-Layer Coating, the filter reduces flare and hosting; black rimmed glass eliminates unnecessary internal reflections, and provides high performance for both digital cameras and film cameras. In addition, to ensure versatility, Sigma’s WR filters feature excellent water and oil repellent as well as an antistatic function, and the two types of “Protector” can protect the lens surface effectively. The four line ups include:
- WR Protector (Water-repellent, antistatic type) and Protector (normal type): The protector is developed to protect the lens surface from dirt and dust as well as scratches. It is an ideal filter for regular use as it is completely colorless so it does not affect color reproduction.
- WR UV Filter (UV water-repellent, antistatic type): UV filter prevents the bluish tone that generates by absorbing ultraviolet rays. It is effective in most situations, such as landscape, portrait and general photography on a sunny day.
- WR Circular PL Filter (PL water-repellent, antistatic type): Circular PL filter removes the reflection of water surface and glass windows, and increases the contrast in landscape photography.
The company will be exhibiting at 2014 Photokina in Cologne, Germany, where its Global Vision lenses will be on display. Attendees are invited to stop by booth #B20/C29 in Hall 4.2. Preorder Opportunties:
Sigma TC-1401 Teleconverter - B&H
Sigma TC-2001 Teleconverter - B&H
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:30:25 AM CT Posted By: Sean