United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 6th May 2015
– Today Canon announces the launch of a series of downloadable and app based city guides that offer fresh and unique perspectives of six cities across Europe - London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Milan and Amsterdam. The curated guides invite consumers to explore the world around, look deeper and seek out the fascinating and beautiful stories that unfold everyday.
The introduction of the city guides is part of Canon’s continuing ‘Come and See’ brand campaign
, the latest iteration of which features two freeclimbers who explore cities around the world from unique perspectives and breathtaking vantage points. The city guide series offer a more everyday look at cities, inviting people to take a fresh look at familiar landscapes and encouraging the discovery of hidden locations from unexpected angles.
To curate each exclusive guide, Canon has collaborated with six sets of influencers, local to each selected city. Each personality brings their passion, creative flair and area of expertise to offer their unique perspective on the tour stops mapped out:
- UK: London - Professional parkour athlete and photographer, Scott Bass
- Spain: Madrid - Fashion and street style blogging duo, Mike & Gabriel of Cup of Couple
- Netherlands: Amsterdam - Professional photography duo, Andres & Joyce of On a Hazy Morning
- Germany: Berlin - Graphic desiger and blogger, Nina of Smaracuja
- Italy: Milan – Visual street artist, Alice Pasquini
- France: Paris – Photographer, Saúl Aguilar
Nigel Taylor, Consumer Imaging Marketing Communications Director, Canon Europe, commented, “In a world full of fascinating stories, breath-taking views and hidden gems, it’s natural that in the hustle and bustle of life we overlook and at times take our surroundings for granted. At Canon, we want to help consumers enjoy cities across Europe in all their unique glory. We hope that people will relish the opportunity to seek out new perspectives and in turn capture that beauty on camera or video to cherish forever”. Downloadable City Guides
All six city guides will be available for download via Canon’s dedicated 'Come and See'
website from May 1st 2015, inviting consumers to discover European cities as they’ve never experienced them before. In addition, the website provides consumers with insight into the ‘Come and See’ campaign, including videos featuring the influencers, as well as technology stories and product information. City Guides via Canon Companion Apps
Each city guide will also be featured as part of Canon’s new EOS 760D & EOS 750D, and EOS M3 Companion apps, compatible with iOS and Android, consumers can download and use the app regardless of whether they own the product or not. Users will be able to navigate their way through guides and city maps and gain handy photography tips and advice to inspire and support them in their journey of exploration around each city*. Share your travel story with us!
City guide users are encouraged to share their favourite travel photos and experiences with the hashtag #comeandsee
* The Madrid, Amsterdam, London, Berlin and Milan guides are available within the app from today, with Paris to follow in June.
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera
) available for $460.40 with free shipping. Compare at $649.00. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and therefore not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty.