APRIL 04, 2016
– Benro announced today they will be introducing 75mm and 100mm video hi-hats for filmmakers at NAB 2016. Both sizes will be on hand for live demonstrations at Central Hall Booth #C1307.
Both the 75mm and 100mm hi-hats feature a small footprint that allows them to be used in tight spaces and on smaller surface areas. These aluminum leg/magnesium bowl hi-hats can be placed low to the ground, on stairs or even secured to a wooden board.
Each leg can be independently positioned at one of the three locks located on the outside of the bowl. In addition, each leg features oversized rubber twist locks and telescoping sections for height adjustments. When combined, these two features allow for easy set up on uneven terrain and stairs. Accepts Video Heads & Half-ball Adapters
The 75mm version will accept a 75mm video head and includes a 3/8"-16 low profile, tie-down adapter for getting low to the ground shots. A 75mm half-ball adapter (BL75) can be added to mount any standard 3/8"-16 flat base video head or photo head.
Likewise, the 100mm version will accept a 100mm video head and also includes a 3/8"-16 low profile, tie-down adapter for getting low to the ground shots. A 100mm half-ball adapter (BL100) can be added to mount any standard 3/8"-16 flat base video head or photo head.
Both models feature large rubber feet attached to a metal ball joint for quick positioning, which can be removed for attaching the included metal spiked feet. The feet also have pre-drilled holes for securing to wooden octagon boards when using on top of apple boxes or securing the board to the top of a ladder. There are three accessory mounts on the outside of the bowl so you can attach monitor arms. Each 3/8"-16 male to 1/4"-20 female insert can be used to convert any standard 1/4"-20 screw to 3/8"-16 in addition to being removed for attaching 3/8"-16 accessories. Transporting the hi-hat is easy with the included carrying case.
Needing no special setup or tools, the Benro Hi-Hat has been engineered to smoothly fit the workflow of today's on-the-go filmmakers straight out of the box. B&H
has the Benro Hi-Hat Tripods
available for preorder.
Photographers Can Fit Lighting Equipment and Large Light Modifiers in One Rolling Bag with Think Tank Photo’s New Production Manager 50 Santa Rosa, Calif.
– Think Tank Photo has released the largest rolling photography equipment case on the market, the Production Manager 50. Designed to hold an immense amount of gear, including lighting equipment and large light modifiers, one photographer will now be able to transport what it used to take up to at least two assistants. It is easy to move, carry, work out of, and stack among other gear.
This large rolling bag features stabilizing, wide-set, shock-absorbing wheels that roll smoothly and hold up under the toughest conditions, the ability to lock the main compartment and secure the bag with the included lock and cable, and a fully customizable interior with dividers to protect small and large lighting equipment including c-stands and large modifiers.
“Pro photographers usually travel by car or van to where they are going to shoot,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO and Lead Designer. “Once a shoot is completed the set needs to be torn down and moved to the next location. Often times, there can be a time crunch where all the gear has to be loaded quickly. Carrying these bags up and down stairs and over rough terrain can be very cumbersome and often takes two people. The Production Manager 50 makes this time-sensitive, cumbersome process easier and quicker.” KEY ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- Large front zippered pocket for reflectors, umbrellas, extension cords, cables, etc.
- Attachments for lightstands or tripods on both sides (straps included)
- Rigid shell and stiffened dividers ensures gear protection
- Robust handles on four sides for easy loading and unloading by two people
- Heavy-duty aluminum side-frame protects axle from impact
- ID plate can be registered on the Think Tank site that may allow lost or stolen bag to be returned
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon, and super-stick velex (interior) contribute to one of the most robust products on the market.
- Large interior mesh pockets for organizing pocket wizards, gels, cords, tape, batteries, and other accessories
- Ergonomic top handle for rolling or carrying by two people.
- Velex wrapped dividers for extra durability and longevity.
- Adjustable lid straps keep bag open and accessible
- Rear skid rails and custom wheel housings allow for loading and unloading from a vehicle with ease
- Business card holder for easy identification on top panel
- User replaceable wheels & hardware
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
All fabric exterior treated with DWR while fabric underside is coated with PU for superior water resistance, 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, replaceable custom-designed wheels, antique nickel plated metal hardware, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread Internal:
210D silver-toned nylon, PU backed velex liner & dividers, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, closed cell foam & PE board stiffened dividers, belly-o mesh pockets, 3-ply bonded nylon thread PRODUCT DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
Exterior Dimensions: 17.3” W x 53.1” H x 12.6” D (44 x 135 x 32 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 15.6” W x 49.2” H x 10” D (39.5 x 125 x 25 cm)
Weight: 20.7 – 29.8 lbs (9.4 – 13.5 kg) Think Tank Photo
has the Production Manager 50