From Canon USA: Ron Howard And Bryce Dallas Howard To Select Five Winning Films To Be Showcased At The Canon "Project Imaginat10n" Film Festival This Fall MELVILLE, N.Y., August 19, 2013
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced twenty finalists from the "Project Imaginat10n" Film Contest where amateurs and hobbyists were invited to sit in the director's chair, showcasing their storytelling abilities by creating a short film inspired by a series of crowdsourced photographs. The project, helmed by two-time Academy Award® winner Ron Howard is the next phase in the "Project Imaginat10n"creative exercise proving Ron's very own words that "we're all creative." Eva Longoria (film and TV actress), Jamie Foxx (Academy Award® winner), Biz Stone (co-founder of Twitter), Georgina Chapman (designer and co-founder of Marchesa) and James Murphy (founder of LCD SOUNDSYSTEM) all directed short films inspired by 10 consumer photographs earlier this year.
In the coming weeks, Ron Howard and Bryce Dallas Howard, the first "graduating" director of the Project Imagin8ion experiment, will narrow the finalists down to five winning directors. Packaged together as "A Ron Howard Presentation," the five consumer and five celebrity films will be featured at Canon's Project Imaginat10n Film Festival in fall 2013.
"Project Imaginat10n has enabled artistry among filmmakers of all levels and inspired people in the most contrasting disciplines to pursue filmmaking, completely redefining 'art' and proving that 'we're all creative,'" said Ron Howard. "For year two, it was important to me to open the experiment to the masses, especially at film schools where Bryce had the opportunity to share her experience."
"This exercise continues to prove that creativity and collaboration generate endless possibilities that mark the state of our time," said Bryce Dallas Howard. "All you need is some basic equipment, an imagination and a burning desire to tell a story."
The Finalists chosen include:
- Arrius Sorbonne of Salt Lake City, UT with "Dominus"
- Arron Marie Fenton of North Hollywood, CA with "Static"
- Brad Watts of Trenton, NJ with "MASK"
- Damon Colquhoun of New York, NY with "Transporter"
- Dan Foley of Westerville, OH with "Tied Up"
- Geneva Arena of Oxford, KS with "The Donor"
- Iva Antioco of Redondo Beach, CA with "Auburn"
- Jared Nelson of Rancho Cucamonga, CA with "Chucked"
- Jasmine Johnson of West Hollywood, CA with "Sugar"
- Jon Abrahams of Virginia Beach, VA with "Will Power"
- Joshua James Kolozsy of Nashville, TN with "BLAME"
- Jules Bianchi of Oakland, CA with "Apocolypso"
- Julian Higgins of Los Angeles, CA with "Here and Now"
- Kalman Apple of Los Angeles, CA with "A Day in the Country"
- Kellie Madison of Los Angeles, CA with "THE CAUL"
- Lee Cipolla of Hollywood, CA with "Reflection"
- Michael Kuznar of Eau Claire, WI with "Day 43"
- R.W. Perkins of Fort Collins, CO with "The Big Wait"
- Ronnie Allman of San Francisco, CA with "Filter"
- Sammie Saxon of Columbus, GA with "Shoot Me"
The consumer directed films can be seen at www.imagination.usa.canon.com on August 19, 2013. The five winning filmmakers will be announced in September 2013.
Toshiba KIRAbook 13 – Finally, a Windows Laptop Suitable for Serious Photo Editing
Just Posted: Toshiba KIRAbook 13 Review
Toshiba was looking for photographers to review their new, powerful 13" ultrabook/laptop. While I can't say I anxiously accepted the offer, I can say that I'm glad that I did accept. The size and weight are not the only "ultra" features on this laptop. The screen resolution and its quality definitely also-qualify for that title. Check out the full review
Canon EOS 650D (Rebel T4i) with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens - $659.00 (Compare at $799.00)
Use promotion code PXSUMSWEEPS
to get 25% Off
custom photo books
. As an added bonus, each book you order earns you an entry to win $600.00 in Adorama gift cards.
August is heating up and we have an amazing deal for you - all sizes of our premium lay-flat books are 25% off
. If you haven't tried our photo books before, the professional paper pages will make your photos look stunning and our gutterless lay-flat binding displays your spreads beautifully. Buy Photo Books, Win Amazing Prizes
Every photo book that you purchase during the month of August automatically enters you in a drawing to win $600.00 in Adorama gift cards! The more books you buy, the more chances you have to win. Sweepstakes ends midnight August 31, 2013 (EST).
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, 18-135mm IS STM Lens, PIXMA PRO-100 & Adobe Software Bundle - $898.99 Shipped AR
has a Canon EOS Rebel T5i with 18-135mm STM Lens Bundle
available for $898.99 with free shipping after $400.00 mail-in rebate
. Bundle Inclues:
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera
- Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Sony 32GB SDHC/SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
- Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 11 (bundle package)
- Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Professional Inkjet Printer
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss SG201 13 x 19 (50 pcs)
- Lexar Ultra Small 16GB JumpDrive FireFly
- Add the Canon EOS Rebel T5i with 18-135mm STM Lens to your cart. Item comes with Adobe Software and memory card.
- Add the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Printer to your cart. Item comes with free paper and flash drive.
- Go through checkout. Total price will be $1,298.99 on the final screen.
- Redeem $400.00 mail-in rebate for a final price of $898.99.
September is a holiday-filled month for Adorama
- be sure to plan your purchases accordingly to prevent delayed shipments. September Holiday Schedule
- Sept. 5 - 7: Closed (Rosh Hashanah)
- Sept. 14: Closed (Yom Kippur)
- Sept. 19 - 28: Closed (Succos)