Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens firmware v1.2.0 is now available for download
(for Mac OS only at this time). Firmware Version 1.2.0 addresses the following phenomenon
1. If pressure is applied to the lens barrel while the lens is mounted to the camera (pressure can be applied even while attaching the lens cap or while carrying the camera with the lens attached in a bag), the autofocusing function of the lens may stop working.
A Canon EOS 1D X, 5D III (at v1.1.3 or later) or a Rebel T4i/650D is needed to install the upgrade. Alternatively, the lens can be sent to Canon Service to have the firmware upgrade installed.
Magic Lantern has released version 2.3 of their firmware compatible with the foolowing Canon EOS DSLRs: 5Dmk2 2.1.2, 50D 1.0.9, 60D 1.1.1, 500D 1.1.1, 550D 1.0.9 and 600D 1.0.2. From Magic Lantern:
Magic Lantern v2.3 represents an important milestone - professionals from all around the world are already trusting it for their paid work. We can safely say it's no longer a hack, but it's strongly heading towards a solid piece of engineering that you can trust.
We have worked a lot on bug-fixing and usability improvements and we sincerely hope you will find it a great companion for all your shooting sessions - from hobbyist to professional. New or improved features
- Fast zebras
- Customizable menu and shortcut keys
- Automatic HDR bracketing
- A powerful timelapse tool
- Advanced FPS control
- Advanced ISO control
- Contrast and saturation adjustments for LiveView
- Image analysis tools in photo mode
- Very fast playback zoom
- A great support community
Learn more at www.magiclantern.fm/releasenotes.