has the Canon PowerShot G7 X
in stock with free shipping. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 9/18/2014 1:38:10 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Devin Graham used a Canon EOS 1D C and a Glidecam HD4000 stabilizer
to shoot this fantastic promotional video for a skate park in Utah. Takeaways from a Video Novice [Sean]
- The first element to a fantastic video is a great concept. Skateboarding through 5000 balloons? Who thinks of that?! Devin Graham – and that's a big reason why his video productions are so well-liked.
- Big ideas usually require a lot of setup. A reliable group of friends is an excellent asset to have.
- The Glidecam HD4000 is a great tool for helping to stabilize the video at the time of capture. But it also requires a strong forearm and quite a bit of determination when filming with a heavy camera like the 1D C. I know this first hand because I've shot video for two weddings in the past couple of months using a gripped 5D III with an external audio recorder sitting atop of the HD4000. Filming can be exhausting, but the end result is well worth the effort.
- Capturing scenes of static camera angles to mix in with your stabilized motion segments allows for a wide variety of options when piecing the video together. Sometimes I don't capture enough b-roll.
Check out the behind-the-scenes video here:
Post Date: 9/18/2014 10:40:57 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Canon Professional Network
The PowerShot G7 X signals the start of a new signature range of premium compacts aimed at professionals and serious enthusiasts. In an in-depth interview, CPN discovers the various technical challenges faced by the PowerShot development team – Tatsuya Yamada (product planner), Hiroshi Saruwatari (lens supervisor), Kazushige Ichino (G7 X development chief), Yousuke Fukai (G7 X lens barrel designer), Kenji Takahashi (imaging processor development) Taro Kobayashi (sensor development) and Kenichi Nishimura (G7 X design) – as they turned design into reality...
Read the entire article at the Canon Professional Network
has the Canon PowerShot G7 X
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/18/2014 6:52:29 AM CT Posted By: Sean
broncolor is to introduce two new products at this year's photokina. Not only will they present a powerful addition to the versatile HMI series but also a completely new compact device. All photographers working with studio lighting will not want to miss these unveilings.
broncolor's new compact device combines unbeatable flash and super-fast charging times with reliable and intuitive handling. At 400 and 800 joules, Siros will not only be available in two output versions but also as a basic- or S-model. The flash time curve in the new Siros is controlled by broncolor's widely known ECTC technology, which also guarantees flash times of up to 1/13,000 s (t 0.5) and constant colors. Charging times of 0.02 up to 0.65 s at 400 joules as well as an enormous control range – up to 9 apertures and reducible to only 2 joules – round off the impressive performance of the S-highend-model.
Furthermore Siros is fully compatible with the extensive accessory range of light shapers that broncolor is so well known for and which offer limitless creative possibilities. Two of these light shapers have been especially developed for Siros: an umbrella reflector, which, combined with a lid, can also be used for protection during transport and an L40 reflector, optimized in size and, through a snap-in system, easily extendable with a honeycomb grid.
Handling and menu navigation are both easy and intuitive with Siros and are regulated through a single control dial, which allows for aperture adjustments in 1/10 steps or, by using the new twist function, in full apertures. Brand-new app – bronControl – for all-round control
Also new with Siros is the bronControl app, which allows remote control of all functions. As soon as Siros has established a WiFi network, different devices in the studio or outdoors are recognized via multi-colored LEDs and can be controlled via a smartphone or tablet. PocketWizard technology for undreamt-of possibilities
Siros is not only ideal as an addition to already existing studio flashlight setups. The compact devices with their integrated PocketWizard receivers allow for the integration in already existing setups but also open the gates to the world of HyperSync photography, which enables a shutter speed of up to 1/8000 s. The ideal pairing of Siros and PocketWizard allows for limitless creativity while remaining simple to operate. B&H
Post Date: 9/18/2014 6:16:44 AM CT Posted By: Sean
To the Users of the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L IS II USM, and EF600mm f/4L IS II USM Interchangeable Lenses for Canon Digital SLR Cameras UPDATE:
Please see the changes to the “Identification Procedure” section below regarding the criteria for affected serial numbers. The identification procedure has been enhanced to include the first, second and third digits from the left in order to more precisely identify affected products.
Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm F2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L IS II USM and EF600mm f/4L IS II USM lenses. This firmware update will be performed by Canon Service Centers. Please contact us using the contact information listed at the bottom of this page. Firmware changes:
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following enhancement:
- Changes the control algorithm of the focus drive, and enhances the drive’s responsiveness for more precise focus and adjustments. In particular, the new firmware enhances the AI servo AF capability of the lenses to track objects that move irregularly in sports events, such as soccer or rugby.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 is for lenses with Firmware Version 1.0.0. If the lens’ firmware is already Version 1.1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The first, second, and third digits from the left in the serial number (10 digits) for lenses equipped with Firmware Version 1.0.0 are as follows:
|Lens name||Serial numbers of affected products|
(x presents any optional numbers)
|EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM||790xxxxxxx through 913xxxxxxx|
|EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM||790xxxxxxx through 913xxxxxxx|
|EF500mm f/4L IS II USM||880xxxxxxx through 910xxxxxxx|
|EF600mm f/4L IS II USM||880xxxxxxx through 910xxxxxxx|
Lenses with serial numbers other than those listed above are equipped with Firmware Version 1.1.1 or later. Support
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register your EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L IS II USM or EF600mm f/4L IS II USM. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Post Date: 9/17/2014 8:18:38 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
available for preorder. The price – $1,999.00 with free shipping.
This price point makes the new Sigma lens about twice as expensive as the Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
. It'll be interesting to see how the two lenses compare.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 2:44:25 PM CT Posted By: Sean
We’ve partnered up with Mad Mimi for our latest guide, How to Market Your Photography
! Inside, get tips to create a marketing plan, tackle SEO, blog better, succeed with social media, and take advantage of email marketing. Learn to market your photography better and get the audience you want. Download the guide today! Get the Free Guide
Post Date: 9/17/2014 11:42:56 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Nikon has just released Camera Control Pro 2.19.0 and Wireless Transmitter Utility 1.5.2 with support for the D750. DownloadCamera Control Pro 2.19.0Wireless Transmitter Utility 1.5.2
Post Date: 9/17/2014 11:39:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
In case you didn't notice, the Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens
is currently sitting at the top of the "Most Popular Lens" leaderboard (on the home page
). Impressive image quality from a very long focal length zoom lens with a very reasonable price has driven the 150-600 VC's popularity.
The lens has become so popular that finding one in stock has become a challenge. Amazon
states "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months" for this model. The 150-600 VC is available on eBay
, but be prepared to pay a premium for it. That this lens has become difficult to find has led to theories that Tamron pulled the lens from shelves or stopped production of the lens to address a deficiency. The other report I'm receiving is that the latest models of this lens are autofocusing more accurately than the early models. (thanks Chris)
To clear things up, I contacted my Tamron rep. What I learned is that the firmware installed on this lens has indeed been updated; starting with models produced in May 2014. The firmware update was specific to the Canon-mount version and was designed to improve autofocus performance. Unless a dealer is sitting on old inventory, all lenses currently being shipped should have the updated firmware. Lenses with the original firmware can be sent to Tamron for the update.
The other clarification that I received was that unavailability of this lens is entirely due to demand exceeding supply. There have been no halts to production and no recalls issued.
If you want to add a Tamron 150-600mm VC Lens
to your kit, preorder
and be patient.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 9:13:42 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
From Nikon: Nikon Communication Unit UT-1 Firmware 2.2 Updates included with this version, 2.2:
- Support for the D750 has been added.
Download the Nikon Communication Unit UT-1 Firmware 2.2. B&H
- You will need to connect the UT-1 to a supported Nikon camera to update UT-1 firmware. Currently, the Nikon D810, D800 or D800E (firmware 1.10 or later), D750 and D7100 can be used to update this firmware.
- When using the UT-1 running firmware Ver. 2.2, be sure that Wireless Transmitter Utility1.5.2 or later is installed. To use the UT-1 running firmware 2.2 with the D800 or D800E, the camera must be running firmware 1.10 or later. If software/firmware version(s) are older version(s), be sure to download the latest version(s) from the links above and perform the necessary updates.
- Network profiles created with earlier versions of software or firmware cannot be used. You will need to create new profiles using the Wireless Transmitter Utility 1.5.2 or later.
carries the Nikon Communication Unit UT-1
Post Date: 9/17/2014 8:58:48 AM CT Posted By: Sean
"By Stephen Shankland
COLOGNE, Germany – Beefing up its telephoto lens line, Canon plans to revamp an aging 100-400mm zoom and bring a novel technology called diffractive optics to more models.
Lenses are key to camera company profits: the more lenses a photographer has, the harder it is to move to a rival's system of camera bodies and lenses. And unlike camera bodies, lenses don't go out of date so fast, which means they're more profitable to sell once investments in engineering and manufacturing are paid off.
The 100-400mm zoom is a good example. Canon introduced it in 1998 with its first-generation image stablization technology, which counteracts some camera shake, and still sells it for $1,700. But a new model is in the works, said Canon technical advisor Chuck Westfall in an interview here at the Photokina show Monday. "It's definitely on the boards for replacement," he said, though declining to say when.
In addition, Canon is working to spread a technology called diffractive optics, or DO, into more lenses, he added – maybe even cheaper lenses..."
Check out the entire article on c|net
Post Date: 9/17/2014 8:21:18 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Bryan has updated the newly announced Canon lenses' placeholder pages with MTF chart comparisons. All three lenses look pretty good compared to older and/or similar lenses. Alternate product views have also been added.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 7:55:35 AM CT Posted By: Sean
PETALUMA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2014
— Lowepro, the leading maker of photography carrying solutions, unleashes a robust design from the Professional Collection: the ProTactic Series. These packs are built for photojournalists, documentary photographers and urban shooters who rely on mission-critical access and on-the-fly versatility to get them behind the lines and into the action.
“From the design table to field testing, ProTactic has generated more energy and excitement internally than any other product I’ve been involved with,” said Tim Grimmer, Lowepro brand director. “We can’t wait to see where photographers take it and how they’ll set it up.”
Four access points at the top, sides and back help a photographer capture a shot and organize like no other camera backpack Lowepro has designed. The secure, body-side opening provides wide access to an interior built with the patent-pending MaxFit System for maximum capacity with a snug and protective fit, plus a dedicated laptop compartment and full organization panel on the inside lid.
Access gear from the molded, turret-loading top or quickly grab from either side – zippered compartments left and right are positioned to reach gear without removing the pack.
Create limitless set-ups with a super-versatile SlipLock attachment strap system built on the exterior of the pack. Five modular accessories are included: a water bottle pouch, accessory case, tripod cup and two cinch straps – all SlipLock compatible.
ProTactic features Lowepro’s ActivZone System technology that delivers targeted support at shoulder blades, lumbar and waist for comfort on the move. A removable waistbelt – padded and featuring breathable, mesh-covered support – makes it easy reduce the profile for packing or travel. Wear it for extra support and storage; two zippered hip pockets offer space for quick-grab items.
The ProTactic Series also includes these premium features: a patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover; multiple organization pockets inside and out; and Lowepro’s CradleFit laptop pocket that suspends and protects a device within the pack.
ProTactic 450 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached; 8 lenses/speedlights; 15" laptop; accessoriesUS MSRP $249.95
ProTactic 350 AW fits: 1-2 DSLRs with grip, one with up to 24-70mm f/2.8 lens attached; 6 lenses/speedlights; 13" laptop; accessoriesUS MSRP $199.95
B&H has the Lowepro ProTactic 350
and ProTactic 450
backpacks available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 7:20:33 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Lowepro: PETALUMA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2014
— Lowepro, the leading maker of photography carrying solutions, unveils the newest generation of its beloved expedition backpacks from the Professional Collection: the Trekker Series. Nature, wildlife and landscape professionals that travel to the back-of-beyond to capture amazing imagery will appreciate the improved comfort, superior protection and versatile organization system of the new Pro Trekker 650 AW, Pro Trekker 450 AW and Lens Trekker 600 AW III.
“Trekker is our largest capacity backpack line, so our number one goal in refreshing the design was to improve the premium suspension system and offer a best-in-class solution for carrying a heavy load,” said Tim Grimmer, Lowepro brand director.
The ActivLift System harness is the result. This purposefully designed system is constructed to mimic the natural “S” curve of the back, transfer more weight from waist to hips, make it easy to adjust the length to the torso, and include airflow channels to improve breathability. Ten adjustment points allow for a custom, fine-tuned fit from the top of the shoulders to the lumbar.
The Trekker Series is built to protect and carry big glass and a huge amount of supporting gear. The patent-pending MaxFit System of adjustable dividers is featured in the Pro Trekker 650 AW and 450 AW packs. This easy-to-adjust system allows for a custom, snug and protective fit within the pack and is designed to hold the maximum amount of gear – all while safeguarding valuable glass, pro-sized DSLRs and accessories.
The Lens Trekker 600 AW III is built with Lowepro’s classic adjustable divider system with a lens collar– housed within walls of thick, shock-absorbing foam to protect a telephoto lens. This pack is ideal for wildlife and sports shooters who rely on a sturdy, comfortable and protective carry solution to get them from point A to point B.
The Trekker Series also includes these premium features: patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover; durable Cordura base; tripod attachments; organization pockets; SlipLock attachment loops for added capacity; plus a hydration-ready pocket and checkpoint-friendly laptop sleeve, and a removable backpack lid/waistbelt in the 650 AW and 450 AW packs.
Pro Trekker 650 AW fits: 2-3 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 600mm f/4.0 lens attached; 5-7 extra lenses; 2 flashes; tripod or monopod; up to a 15" laptop; accessories and personal gearUS MSRP $429.95
Pro Trekker 450 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 400mm f/2.8 lens attached; 4-6 extra lenses; 2 flashes; tripod or monopod; up to a 15" laptop; accessories and personal gearUS MSRP $379.95
Lens Trekker 600 AW III fits: Pro DSLR with telephoto lens attached (such as 600mm f/4L) OR 800mm lens unattached; lens hood; tripod; accessories and small personal gearUS MSRP $299.95 B&H
has the new Lowepro Pro Trekker
series available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 7:12:15 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Lowepro: PETALUMA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2014
— Lowepro, the leading maker of photography carrying solutions, partners with Underwater Kinetics, manufacturer of uncompromising performance products, to launch the most extreme protection solution in Lowepro’s Professional Collection: the Hardside Series of camera cases.
Tested to a rating of IP67, which translates to 100% protection against the ingress of dust and sand, and makes it watertight for at least 30 minutes under 15cm to 1m of water, these hardworking cases double up on protection and versatility with a tough outer shell of formed ABS resin and a removable, soft-sided insert with a padded divider system.
“We knew it would take a lot of research and development to play in this category,” said Kevin Crandall, Lowepro director of design and development. “To do it right, we chose Underwater Kinetics, the leading manufacturer of ultra-rugged dry cases, to offer a truly airtight solution – and I mean truly airtight. The long-lasting and durable silicone gasket and seal is virtually maintenance free, unlike other hard cases, and restricts all moisture and debris from getting into the camera case.”
The Hardside Series is comprised of three cases: Hardside 400 Photo and 300 Photo for DSLR kits, and Hardside 200 Video to house action cam kits such as GoPro. To differentiate among existing, foam-filled and single set-up camera cases in the market today, each Hardside case includes a protective and fully customizable photo/video insert with Lowepro’s padded divider system. Tuck-away backpack straps and zippered pockets provide a versatile, out-of-the-case option for photographers and videographers who like to have a Plan B option on their shoots.
Studio, location and traveling professionals will appreciate the stackable form factor of Hardside Series cases. You can store, lock, carry and ship with ease – and Hardside 300 Photo and 200 Video meet standard airline carry-on requirements (less than 45 linear in. / 114.3 cm).
The Hardside Series also includes these premium features: integrated release valves in the latches for automatic pressure equalization in low and high altitudes; interior organization pocket on inside lid of insert; sturdy lift handles; plus full-length piano hinge on back, and lockable handles on hard case.
Hardside 400 Photo fits: Pro DSLR with 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached; 6-8 lenses; accessoriesUS MSRP $249.95
Hardside 300 Photo fits: DSLR with 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached; 4-6 lenses or flashes; accessoriesUS MSRP $199.95
Hardside 200 Video fits: 5-10 action cams (such as GoPro); multiple mounts and attachments; accessoriesUS MSRP $169.95 B&H
has the Lowepro Hardside Series
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 6:50:32 AM CT Posted By: Sean
PHOTOKINA, COLOGNE, GERMANY, Sept. 16, 2014 – SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today announced the world’s fastest microSD UHS-I memory card, the 64GB** SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I card. The company also recently announced the 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card, the world’s highest capacity full-sized SD memory card. These new offerings expand the company’s impressive portfolio of 4K Ultra High Definition (3840x2160p)1 capable products. For more than 25 years, SanDisk has been committed to delivering breakthrough technologies that expand the possibilities of storage. The New Era of 4K Ultra HD Video
4K Ultra HD video resolution is the next generation of video quality ushering a new era of consumer devices that require fast, reliable storage as a core enabling component. The exceptional resolution that 4K Ultra HD video delivers comes at the expense of very large files that can reach up to four times the size of a Full HD (1080p) video file. The SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I card, the fastest microSD UHS-I memory card in the world, now comes with up to 64GB of storage to address consumers’ desire to generate high quality 4K Ultra HD content. With transfer speeds of up to 95MB/s*, users can shoot like a pro and still experience world-class responsiveness from their smartphone, tablet or action camera. The card also features Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) ratings, which are recommended by the SD Association for 4K Ultra HD video capture.
“4K video capture is being implemented in smartphones and ‘prosumer’ cameras and camcorders much more quickly than was the case when HD was launched. SanDisk understands where the market is headed and has the foresight to create solutions that enable optimal video capture and sharing across multiple host devices," said Chris Chute, vice president, SMB Cloud & Mobility, IDC.
“Features like 4K Ultra HD video recording, which were once only available on high-end devices, have quickly gained popularity and adoption,” said Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk. “There is no doubt 4K Ultra HD is a game-changer and we are committed to enabling the next generation of video capture and sharing.”
SanDisk has also upgraded its range of memory cards and SSDs to enable consumers to take full advantage of 4K Ultra HD:
- The SanDisk Extreme, SanDisk Extreme PLUS and SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDHC/microSDXC memory card families have been upgraded to the U3 standard to deliver 4K Ultra HD.
- The new 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card, the world’s highest capacity SD card, will allow users to capture more video and photos on an SD card than ever before.
- The SanDisk Extreme PRO SSDs deliver 24/7 consistent pro-level performance for the most demanding and graphics-intensive applications, and are now qualified by Atomos and Blackmagic Design, two industry pioneers, for 4K RAW and 4K ProRes capture.
SanDisk will be showcasing its newest offerings at Photokina, Hall 2.1 Stand: A014. Pricing and Availability
The SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I cards are available worldwide in capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and range in pricing from $79.99 to $299.99 MSRP. B&H
carries SanDisk Memory Cards.
Post Date: 9/16/2014 3:26:03 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo
: Urban Disguise Classic Think Tank Releases 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Urban Disguise Classic Shoulder Bag and Limited Edition Airport International LE Classic Premium Quality Rolling Camera Bag
As part of its 10th Anniversary celebration, Think Tank Photo will be releasing releasing a classic edition of its flagship camera shoulder bag, the Urban Disguise. The Urban Disguise Classic is crafted with genuine full-grain leather accents and panels. This traveler’s quick access bag is available in four sizes to suit a variety of gear carrying needs. They are built to protect photographic equipment with enduring materials, including a padded compartment for a laptop.
The UD Classic features the professional good looks of a briefcase without calling attention to it obviously being a camera shoulder bag carrying expensive photographic equipment. The Classic features new design elements over its predecessors, including the wide-mouth camera compartment for unencumbered access. For greater convenience, the Urban Disguise Classic’s pass-through strap fits any Airport International roller’s handle for easy transport. When paired with the Airport International LE Classic, they work together as a high-end, coordinated set. Key Features
- Professional appearance with full-grain leather accents.
- Separate padded compartment for carrying a laptop and tablet (tablet fits in front pocket on UD35).
- Wide-mouth opening for unencumbered access to gear.
- Expansion zipper increases depth to fit a gripped DSLR with standard zoom lens attached, in main compartment (50 & 60 only).
- Ingenious pass-through shoulder strap aids in placing the shoulder bag at the base of a rolling suitcase, making it easier to transport.
- Wide pocket under lid is large enough for gripped camera bodies, documents or a tablet.
- Lockable zippers on the camera and laptop compartment.
- Reinforced dividers ensure gear is held at the top of the bag.
- Sound silencers enable user to silence the hook/loop closure on the front flap.
- Wide roller handle pass-through secures bag on the handle of a rolling suitcase.
- Stretchable side pockets for a water bottle, strobe unit or compact umbrella.
- Front pocket organizer gives quick access to pens, business cards and keys.
- Leather wrapped dual handle system for carrying comfortably.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included.
- UD Classic converts into a backpack with “Backpack Conversion Straps” (sold separately).
Airport International LE Classic
- Urban Disguise 35 Classic: 1 standard or gripped DSLR with lens attached, one additional lens, flash, tablet and up to a 13.3” laptop (with standard camera body only).
- Urban Disguise 40 Classic: 1–2 standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–3 additional lenses, a tablet and up to a 13.3” laptop.
- Urban Disguise 50 Classic: 1–2 gripped or standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–4 additional lenses, a tablet and up to a 15.4” widescreen laptop.
- Urban Disguise 60 Classic: 1–2 gripped or standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–5 additional lenses, a tablet, and up to a 17” widescreen laptop.
In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, Think Tank Photo will be releasing a limited edition version of its most popular rolling carry-on camera case, the Airport International LE Classic. Crafted with genuine, full-grain leather accents and panels, this classic version represents everything the Think Tank brand is known for: premium quality, innovative design and long-lasting durability. Designed to complement Think Tank’s all-new Urban Disguise Classic shoulder bags series, together, these two bags make a beautiful set of matching cases that meet international airline carry-on standards.
The Airport International LE Classic carry-on roller lets photographers legally store their bodies, lenses, and accessories in overhead bins or under the seats of international carriers. For added security, it features front-pocket and main compartment combination locks and a cable from a secret rear hatch that allow it to be secured to posts, trees, and other immovable objects.
Airport International accommodates up to a 500mm f/4 lens unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies, and other photography accessories. TSA approved combination locks secure the main compartment zipper sliders.
“The Airport International LE Classic is most definitely a limited edition bag. In celebration of our founding 10 years ago in my garage, we have added such one-time highlights as full-grain leather accents and panels,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s founder and lead designer. “The Airport International LE Classic is extremely useful for wedding and commercial photographers who need quick access to their gear and who are concerned about gear security while shooting remotely.” Key Features
- Limited Edition with full-grain leather accents and panels.
- International and US carry-on size for most carriers.
- TSA-approved combination zipper locks secure main compartment.
- Two lock and cable systems: one to secure a laptop, keys, etc., one to secure the entire bag to a fixed object.
- Up to a 500mm f/4 lens unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies.
- A standard professional kit consisting of two standard or gripped camera bodies, multiple professional lenses, flashes and accessories.
Think Tank Photo has the Urban Disguise Classic
and Airport International LE Classic
available for order.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo
Post Date: 9/16/2014 2:40:04 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo
: Think Tank Releases the Production Manager 40 High-capacity Rolling Photography Gear Case
SANTA ROSA, CALIF. – Think Tank Photo’s newly released Production Manager 40 is a professional-strength, high-capacity rolling gear case designed for professional photographers. It is the most convenient way to safely transport a large amount of lighting equipment. Creative professionals will appreciate the superior design of this large roller with room for multiple flash heads, power packs, monoblocks, softboxes, and light-stands.
Many configurations can be set up with the removable no-scratch Velex divider system. The Production Manager 40 features a spacious gusseted front pocket that fits reflectors, umbrellas, cables and more. Photographers can roll into their next production fully equipped and secure with added features like the integrated cable and lock, lockable zippers, and wide set wheels that minimize tipping. It also has reinforced honeycomb panels wrapped in ballistic nylon with full-length exterior slide rails for protection in transport. Key Features
- Stores and transports all types of gear on location with wide set wheel base.
- Lock and cable secures the main compartment and the bag.
- Attachments for light-stands or tripods on both sides (straps included).
- Large front zippered pocket for reflectors, umbrellas, cables, and more.
- Multiple sizes of Velex wrapped dividers for endless configuration options.
- Rigid shell and reinforced Velex dividers ensure optimum gear protection.
- Robust handles on three sides, rear slide rails, and custom-wheel housings for easy loading and unloading.
- Replaceable, roller bearing wheels roll smoothly and quietly while holding up under the toughest conditions.
- Large interior mesh pockets for organizing small accessories.
- Adjustable, standing lid straps keep bag open and accessible.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included.
- External: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It's also constructed with 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, custom-designed extra tall skid plates, replaceable custom-designed wheels, antique nickel-plated metal hardware, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Internal: 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed Velex liner and dividers, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, closed cell foam and reinforced PE board dividers, Belly-O mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Exterior Dimensions: 15.7” W x 40” H x 12.6” D (40 x 101.6 x 32 cm)
- Interior Dimensions: 13.7” W x 38” H x 10” D (35 x 96.5 x 25 cm)
- Weight depending on accessories used: 17.8–22.2 lbs (8.1–10 kg)
Think Tank Photo has the Production Manager 40 Rolling Case
available for order.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo
Post Date: 9/16/2014 1:42:17 PM CT Posted By: Sean