has the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
in stock with free expedited shipping. The Canon ET-74B Lens Hood
is also in stock.
If you were a B&H preorder customer, your lens is likely already on its way.
From the Canon Digital Learning Center
By Michael Joseph
Earlier this year, Canon published my two-part series of articles geared toward photographers that are either working pros or aspiring to eventually make a living in photography, “Photographing People & Pets for the Advanced Amateur or Aspiring Pet Photographer” and “MJ's List of Top 10 Professional Tips on Photographing People and Their Pets.”
This article is geared to help an even larger segment of the population… sharing some practical tips with anyone that would love to do a better job at photographing their four-legged members of the family!
Let's say you have a camera or two and you obviously love your pets just as if they were members of the family. And try though you may, you have the toughest time getting the results you would ultimately like to have. You try and try and your patience runs short… so, you throw in the towel and just give up. Or, maybe you haven't completely given up but you would admit that you are not totally satisfied with your results and realize that there is plenty of room for improvement. If you fall into either one of these two categories or even somewhere in between, please read on and you just might eventually find yourself doing a much better job at photographing your four-legged members of the family... and creating better images without having to accumulate a bundle of equipment, attend classes or apprentice with an expert! Sort of a no fuss-no muss, approach… here we go!
Read the entire article on the Canon Digital Learning Center
From Canon USA:
MELVILLE, N.Y., December 15, 2016
– Proof that good things do come in small packages, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today four new PIXMA TS-series Wireless1 Inkjet All-In-One (AIO) printers. The PIXMA TS5020, PIXMA TS6020, PIXMA TS8020 and PIXMA TS9020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printers are more compact than their predecessors, but pack a big, high-quality punch for users. Perfect for tech savvy gadget lovers, creative crafters, passionate image makers, family projects and household printing needs; these small, sleek and sophisticated printers can fit in with any home décor.
“Canon U.S.A. is excited to bring a new series of PIXMA printers into families’ lives, helping to make their day to day more productive than ever” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “By decreasing the size, but increasing efficiencies and delivering crisp and clear results, we’ve made the printers in this series must-haves for every home.”
While these printers preserve what is valued from the previous series of PIXMA All-In-One printers, the new models are easy-to-use and cost-effective delivering print reliability and high-quality images. Additional new and exciting features make these printers:
- The new user interface (UI) includes a large, simplistic touch LCD screen making it easy to read and select functions such as copy, scan or print.
- PIXMA TS9020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer – 5 inch screen with touch panel and on-screen buttons
- PIXMA TS8020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer – 4.3 inch screen with touch panel and on-screen buttons
- PIXMA TS6020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer – 3 inch screen with touch panel and off-screen buttons
- PIXMA TS5020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer – 3 inch screen with off-screen directional pad and start/stop buttons
- The size of each new PIXMA model has been minimized, making the printer easy to store and take up less space on a desk.
- Each new PIXMA model in this series will be ready to print six seconds after it is turned on and the command is sent over from your laptop, smartphone or tablet. This is half the time than on select previous models.
Helps foster your creativity!
- Wireless printing means you don’t have to plug in to print. Each printer in this series features cloud printing capabilities through a compatible smartphone or tablet device, so PIXMA owners can print using the Canon PIXMA Cloud Link from virtually anywhere to link with various cloud services they use to print photos and documents. Further adding to the overall wireless capabilities of the PIXMA line of printers is Google Cloud Print, which allows users to send Gmail messages, file attachments and select Google Docs to the printer from any compatible devices.
- After scanning a document or photo, the PIXMA TS9020, TS8020, TS6020, and TS5020 printers will show a reminder on the LCD screen to take the document with you to avoid misplacing important information.
- The PIXMA TS9020 and TS8020 models are also able to print directly through NFC via Android devices further adding to the overall ease of use of these machines.
- Through the LCD screen, the PIXMA TS9020 printer allows users to enhance their images with creative filters including options such as Monochrome, Antique, Sepia and Cinema Style. The PIXMA TS5020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer, PIXMA TS6020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer and PIXMA TS8020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer can utilize the same creative filters through the free Easy Photo Print+ web based software.
- Through PIXMA Cloud Link on the Canon PRINT app and the LCD screen on select models, Canon users can de-stress with a creative release by printing from over one hundred and twenty coloring pages available.
- All of the printers are compatible with the new 5 inch by 5 inch paper option available today which is ideal for square prints and printing images from Instagram.
- Along with the coloring pages available through PIXMA Cloud Link on the Canon PRINT app3, all Canon PIXMA wireless inkjet printers come with My Image Garden software. My Image Garden offers a variety of features designed to inspire and enhance creativity while empowering the sharing of images.
The PIXMA TS5020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer is $99.99 MSRP and the PIXMA TS6020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer is $149.99 MSRP. Both are available in black, white and gray. The PIXMA TS8020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer is $179.99 MSRP and is available in black, white, red, and brown and the PIXMA TS9020 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer is $199.99 MSRP and is offered in two-tone red/black and white/black.
B&H has the following in stock:
From Canon USA:
Thank you for using Canon products.
It has come to our attention that there are instances of counterfeit EF 50mm f/1.8 II lenses for digital SLR cameras being brought into Canon service centers for repair. These counterfeit products have neither been designed nor manufactured by Canon, yet they fraudulently display the Canon logo and other Canon trademarks, and, as illegal products, they infringe on Canon Inc.'s trademark rights. Canon has taken a strong stance in eradicating these counterfeit products which infringe on the intellectual property rights of our company.
While the exterior of the counterfeit EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens elaborately imitates the exterior of the genuine lens, the parts and electric circuits used inside the counterfeit lens are different from the those used inside the genuine lens. As such, these counterfeit products do not satisfy the safety standards of various countries and the safety/quality standards of Canon. Please note that Canon cannot be held liable for any malfunction, phenomena, damage or injury that occurs due to the use of these counterfeit products, so please exercise caution when making your purchase.
We truly appreciate your continued patronage of Canon products.
See below for the differences between genuine and counterfeit products that have been confirmed as of now and that can be identified by customers.
Please review the location of the Company Name on the mount with the lens cap removed as indicated in the image below.
There is a space between “CANON” and “INC.”
The company name is shown in either printed or molded letters (two types exist).
There is no space between “CANON” and “INC.”
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon Product. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
From Canon USA:
Firmware Version 1.0.4 is incorporated with the following correction.
- Enhances the effects of image stabilization when using the EF24-105mm F4L IS II USM with the EOS 5D Mark IV at a shutter speed between 1/100 sec. and 1/160 sec.
Firmware Version 1.0.4 is for lenses with Firmware Version 1.0.3 or earlier.
Lenses whose third digit in the serial number is "0". (xx0xxxxxxx)
If the lens' firmware is already Version 1.0.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware. The lens firmware can be checked through the menu on the EOS 5D Mark IV.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: EF012104.lfu / file size: 1,441,844 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Download: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Firmware Version 1.0.4