A photographer should pay special attention to the gear they bring when traveling on safari. It is important to think about the story you’re trying to tell and properly expose the images once they are captured. Color management is just as important in wildlife and nature photography as it is in the studio. Animals seem healthier and friendlier when they’re showcased in warmer tones. It may seem strange, but those who view your images will have more of a connection to your subjects in warmer tones.
Join Datacolor Experts David Cardinal and C. David Tobie in a discussion about Safari Photography, cosponsored by Sigma Lenses. David Cardinal, a longstanding Safari organizer and award-winning nature and travel photographer, will share his experience regarding what gear and preparation are critical for a successful safari shoot; including cameras and tripods, with special focus on lenses. Techniques and workflows for safari shooting and tips for creating award-winning images of your own will also be covered. If you've ever considered signing up for a photo safari, or if you are trying to decide what to purchase or pack for your next one, then this is the right webinar for you!
An interactive Q&A will take place throughout the webinar to answer any questions you may have. Webinar attendees will have the chance to win a free SpyderCAPTURE PRO or an original Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS APO HSM lens ($4700 Value) as well as receive exclusive discount offers! Title:
Safari Photography: Gear and Workflow co-sponsored by SigmaDate:
Tuesday, July 30, 2013Time:
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT Register Now Adorama
carries Datacolor products
On Friday, NASA's Cassini spacecraft turned its imaging sensors toward Earth to capture the view from 900 million miles away. It's a bit humbling to think that everything you've ever seen, heard, smelled, and touched is contained within those few pixels.
Check out more of Cassini's images at NASA's Jet Propulsion Labratory Page
From Corel: Latest Release Builds on Realistic Painting Experience with New Jitter Brushes, Crosshair Cloning and Perspective Guide Tools Ottawa, ON-July 23, 2013
- Corel today announced the availability of Painter® X3, the world's leading digital art software known for its hundreds of brushes, paper textures and media that perfectly emulate real-world art materials. As an innovator in digital art, Painter X3 continues to inspire artists with unique tools such as new Jitter brushes that produce more organic art and flow maps that direct the saturation of wet media as it interacts with the canvas. In addition, artists will save more time with workflow enhancements when cloning with crosshairs, drawing in perspective and transforming multiple layers. For both new and experienced Painter users, the Brush Search engine now makes it easier to find the perfect brush, while the advanced brush controls simplify the customization options. Created by Artists for Artists
"Painter X3 is the result of an immensely collaborative effort with professional artists across the world to understand how we could improve the user experience, optimize the existing workflow and add new technologies to push the boundaries of digital art," said Andy Church, Senior Product Manager for Corel Painter. "What we've created with this version is more than digital art software; it's a platform for inspiration, creativity and reflection." Painter® X3 Feature Highlights
Every day, artists around the world trust Painter to explore their creativity, produce stunning work with ease and deliver art that wows their clients. Whether for photo art, traditional art, illustrations, concept art or designs, Painter X3 introduces new tools to further enhance the ultimate digital art studio:
- Jitter Brushes: Introduce elements of randomness to your brush strokes by adding universal Jitter properties to any brush expression or by using one of the 25 new Jitter brushes
- Brush Search Engine: Find the perfect brush that inspires you within seconds simply by typing terms in the search bar such as brush names or properties, and ensure they're what you're looking for with the enhanced Live Stroke preview
- Crosshair Cloning: Position the source image beside the clone and take advantage of the crosshairs which mark where you are cloning from, allowing you to focus on the creation
- Perspective Guides: Speed up the creation of an object with dimension by using the snap tool to draw in 1-,2-, or 3-point perspective and accurately portray spatial depth
- Smart Brush Controls: Change brush properties more easily now-only the settings that can be tweaked will be displayed in the panel
- Reference Image Panel: Open a reference image in the new panel to keep a visual source of inspiration within sight as you paint, without toggling between windows
- Multi-Layer Transformation: Apply a transformation to a selection across multiple layers
- Flow Maps: Create unique and irregular patterns with this technology that directs wet media across the canvas to produce less saturation at the peaks of the canvas texture and more saturation in the valleys, just like colors would with real-world materials
Meet the Artists: Live Paint Jam Sessions
Art is not always about the end result-it's also a process of inspiration, creativity and reflection-and we want you to join us for live Paint Jam sessions online to learn from our Painter Masters. Each month, the Paint Jam sessions will focus on a different style of art and we'll be inviting professional artists to share their artistic process with you. The first series, hosted by Jeremy Sutton, Claudia Salguero and Heather Michelle, will focus on photo-fine art and will kick off on Wednesday, August 14, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT. To learn more about the upcoming Paint Jam sessions, visit www.corel.com/paintjam.
Pricing and Availability
Corel Painter X3 will start shipping in two weeks. In North America, the full version of Painter X3 is $429 (USD and CAD) and the upgrade, for registered Painter 11 and 12 users, is available for $229 (USD and CAD). Commercial and education volume licenses are also available.
Adorama carries Corel Painter 12.
From Canon USA: New PIXMA All-In-One Printers from Canon U.S.A Provide High-Quality Output to Encourage Creativity MELVILLE, N.Y., July 23, 2013
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today introduced two printers, the PIXMA MG3520 Wireless Photo and the PIXMA MG2420 All-In-One (AIO) printers, both featuring excellent image quality for crisp and stunningly vivid prints to inspire creativity. These easy-to-use models are ideal for the user looking for superb quality and functionality at an affordable price.
The wireless-enabled Canon PIXMA MG3520 printer allows users to easily and conveniently print memories from almost anywhere.1 In addition, the PIXMA MG3520 printer offers an Auto Power On/Off function, so even if the printer was not previously in use, print requests can be quickly fulfilled. For added efficiency, the unit’s built-in Automatic Duplex printing feature can save time and resources with the ability to automatically print on both sides of the paper. The MG3520 also uses the FastFront feature for easy changing of ink and paper from the front of the printer. The sleek and affordable PIXMA MG2420 printer is also an ideal accompaniment to any home-office environment with improved print, copy and scan features compared with previous models.
“With outstanding functionality and versatility, the new PIXMA printers are intuitive, high-quality devices that inspire us to share more with loved ones, and tackle a variety of at-home tasks - such as building an efficient office space, accomplishing do-it-yourself projects, preserving memories through scrapbooks and more,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group, Canon U.S.A. Convenient Connectivity and Sharing Capabilities
With built-in wireless technology, the Canon PIXMA MG3520 printer can print or scan documents, photos and more from virtually anywhere in the home. The printer supports Google Cloud Print for printing from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device and from the Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome computers. Inspire Creativity
The PIXMA MG3520 and PIXMA MG2420 printers produce high-quality output that is crisp, clear and vibrant. With the Canon FINE Cartridge system, output will shine with brilliant color and detailed gradation expression. Both new PIXMA AIO printer models also come with My Image Garden software to offer a variety of features designed to inspire and enhance creativity while empowering the sharing of images. One function of the software allows photos stored on computers to be easily organized into three categories: Calendar, Event and People. With Calendar view, images can be sorted by the dates they were captured while with Event view, images captured at a special event can be easily stored in a separate folder and accessed to share with friends and family. For People view, once a person's likeness has been registered with the software, Image Assorting technology and Face Recognition technology is utilized to automatically upload all images of a specific person to their respective folder for easy access.
My Image Garden also features Full HD Movie Print software to help users produce clear images of frames from videos captured on compatible Canon HD EOS and PowerShot Digital Cameras along with HD VIXIA Camcorders. In addition, Fun Filter Effects such as Fish-Eye, Miniature and Toy Camera can be applied for further image customization. Compact and Refined Design
Compact with a refined, family-friendly design and attractive matte finish, the PIXMA MG3520 Wireless Photo AIO Printer is available in black, red or a mirror-finished white, while the PIXMA MG2420 AIO printer is available in white. The printers will have an estimated retail price of $79.99 and $69.99, respectively. Adorama
carries Canon PIXMA Printers