The Canon Store
is estimating the Canon PowerShot G1 X
ship date as Feb 21, 2012
Preorder the PowerShot G1 X
- or the Canon Store
Use coupon code Loyalty15
to get the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens
for $1,224.95 shipped at Abe's of Maine
- a savings of about $45.00.
Here are some more great deals: Canon Powershot A2200 Digital Camera (Black)
- $79.95 shipped using coupon code Abesaves5
(compare at $119.95)
Save 10% on all Lowepro products
using coupon code LOWEPRO
I have added MTF chart comparisons to the review placeholder pages for the new Canon lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens ReviewCanon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens ReviewCanon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS Lens Review
I'll try to get more commentary up in the next couple of weeks.
As reported by Alan Murphy
, an unmarked van carrying $150,000 (£100,000) worth of Nikon gear destined for the Dublin NPS Roadshow was stolen sometime before 10:00 on Sat night. Taken in the heist were demo Nikon D4 & Nikon 800 DSLRs.
The stolen equipment will likely be sold. Download the full inventory list with serial numbers here
has Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
for Mac and Windows for only $799.00 shipped. That is a HUGE $900.00 off!
If you add up the value of the individual components of this package, the deal shows its amazingness:
Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended: $899.95
Adobe Illustrator CS5: $560.00
Adobe Flash Professional: $689.95
Adobe Flash Catalyst: $399.00 (Adobe Store price)
Adobe Premiere Pro (with Adobe OnLocation and Encore): $525.00 (at $200 off)
Adobe After Effects: $899.00
Adobe Audition CS5.5: $339.95
Purchased individually, these products would cost over $4,312.85 (the prices I list are the lowest of the Mac and Windows versions). Any two of the base applications would cost well over the purchase price of this entire package. Great deal.
Get Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium at B&H
before this deal expires on Mar 2nd. Or while supplies last.
Use coupon code FEBPRINTS
to get 500 4x6" prints for $15.00 (only $.03 each) at Snapfish
. Offer expires Feb 20.
Over on Facebook
, Will suggested using this deal to have 4x6" business cards printed. Large business cards or any other 4x6" printed marketing pieces are a great use of this deal.
Nikon has made the Capture NX 2.3.1 Updater available for download: USA
. Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions:
- Support for RAW images captured with the D4, D800 and D800E has been added.
- Extra High 1 (Extra High) and Extra High 2 items have been added to the Active D-Lighting pulldown menu under Camera Settings in the Develop section of the Edit List.
- When "Always use the latest Color Reproduction Process" in the Picture Control Utility Preferences is selected for images captured with cameras released prior to the D4, these items will be displayed.
- Event ID can now be displayed under File Info 2 in the File & Camera Information section of the Metadata palette for images captured by, and to which IPTC information has been added using the IPTC item in the camera’s setup menu, the D4.
- Display format for the following items in the Edit List has been modified.
- Active D-Lighting under Camera Settings in the Develop section
- Color Moiré Reduction under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Develop section
- An issue that prevented sufficient application of vignette control enhancement for RAW (NEF) images captured with the Nikon 1 V1 and Nikon 1 J1 with A firmware Ver. 1.10 or 1.11 and B firmware Ver. 1.10 installed has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented accurate display of lens information in the Metadata palette for images captured with the Nikon 1 V1 or Nikon 1 J1 and a 1 NIKKOR lens has been resolved.
- When certain images with GPS information attached were saved in JPEG format, Capture NX 2 sometimes quit responding. This issue has been resolved.
Note: "Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.3.0 must be installed before proceeding with this update."
Nikon Capture NX 2.3.0 Full Version is available for download: USA | Europe.
Also at B&H
, get Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements 10 for Mac & Windows
for only $69.95 shipped ($70.00 off). Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements 10
are the applications I recommend for image and video editing (respectively) if you cannot afford or do not need the full Photoshop and Premier applications.
has Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3
on sale for only $69.95 shipped! That is $200.00 off of the regular price. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3
is an incredible application that is relied upon by a huge number of photographers - and this is an amazing price for it. (thanks Wilson)