Hot Deal: eBay
(via AllNewShop) has the Canon EOS 1D X DSLR Camera
) available for $3,899.00 with free shipping. Compare at $4,599.00 after $700.00 instant savings. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and as such would not technically qualify for a Canon USA warranty.
Post Date: 11/19/2015 4:07:17 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the AquaTech Sensory Gloves
available for $39.95 with free shipping. Regularly $49.95. Product Highlights
- Fleece seal for wrist, and fleece cover for fingertips
- Special stitched hole allows thumb or index finger to extend beyond glove's confines when desired
A similar product that you may want to check out is the Freehands Men's Stretch Thinsulate Gloves
. And just to be on the safe side, you might want to pick up some HotHands Hand Warmers
for your pockets, too.
Post Date: 11/19/2015 1:36:30 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Vello Bluetooth Shutterboss Advanced Intervalometer for iOS
available for $49.95 with free shipping. Regularly $79.95. Product Highlights
- Bluetooth Communication with iOS Devices
- Up to 10 Scheduling Modes
- Multiple Shooting Modes
- Powered by 2 AAA Batteries
The latest verson of the Vello Bluetooth Shutterboss App
is compatible with iOS9.
Post Date: 11/19/2015 11:48:46 AM CT Posted By: Sean
results have been added to the Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 Lens
Unlike many of the new Zeiss Milvus lenses, this model has a new optical design. The difference between the Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 and the previous version of this lens
is dramatic! Nicely done, Zeiss!
Here are some more comparisons that you might be interested in: Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 vs. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II LensZeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 vs. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 LensZeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 vs. Samyang 85mm f/1.4 Lens
Another comparison that warrants discussion is the Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 vs. Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 lens
. The Otus retains the lead in center of the frame performance, but ... the Milvus is sharper in the corners. Adding support to these results is the MTF comparison
between these lenses. This performance combined with a price tag that is far less than half of the Otus is going drive popularity of this Milvus lens model. B&H
has the Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 Lens
in Nikon mount in stock with the Canon mount version available for preorder.
Post Date: 11/19/2015 9:28:18 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
B&H has several great Canon DSLR + PIXMA PRO-100 Printer Bundles available which qualify for a $350.00 mail-in rebate
. All come with free expedited shipping as well as other bundled acccessories. See below for details.
Post Date: 11/19/2015 9:36:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The answer to the "When opportunities arise around the house, which lens do you grab?" question for me is often whichever lens(es) I happen to be evaluating at the time. Some lenses are more easily pressed into general purpose use than others, largely due the focal length(s). Fortunately, 35mm focal length-containing lenses have been very popular lately and that focal length is great for general purpose use.
Especially great was when I was putting the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
through its evaluation. Not only does this lens have the right focal length, but it also has a wide aperture, ideal for those around-the-house needs and often ready to capture high quality images without any additional lighting needed. That this lens has such great image quality at that f/1.4 max aperture is especially great.
On this day, Brittany came home tired and took a moment to relax with the dog that is of course tired and relaxing most of the time. My currently-mounted lens was the 35 L II and it allowed me to snap a few cute pictures using only ambient window light.
What is your favorite around-the-house lens?
Camera and Lens Settings
35mm f/1.4 1/100s
8688 x 5792px
Post Date: 11/19/2015 9:01:15 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
has the full-frame compatible Rokinon 12mm f/2.8 ED AS IF NCS UMC Fisheye Lens for Canon
available for $379.00 with free expedited shipping. Regularly $499.00. Product Highlights
- Canon EF Mount Lens/ Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- Three Extra Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Nano Crystal and UMC Lens Coating
- Manual Focus & Manual Aperture Lens
- 180º Angle of View
- Minimum Focus Distance: 7.9"
- Included Petal-Shaped Lens Hood
Post Date: 11/19/2015 8:45:41 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Here is a great holiday offer from our friends at Mindsihft Gear
. From now until December 31, get a FREE Rain Cover or Contact Sheet
($39.99 value) when you purchase any one of MindShift’s award-winning outdoor backpacks.
It’s easy to get your free gift. Click on the backpack you want
to order and then fill out and submit the promo form
. Eligible for Rain Cover:
Eligible for Contact Sheet:
- rotation 80 Trail (#230 or #231)
- rotation180 Travel Away (#240 or #241)
- rotation180 Panorama (#220 or #221)
- rotation180 Horizon (#215 or #216)
- rotation180 Professional (#200)
- FirstLight 20L (#350)
- FirstLight 30L (#352)
- FirstLight 40L (#354)
- BackLight 26L (#360 or #361)
Post Date: 11/19/2015 8:33:42 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Originally announced in September
of this year, the EOS C300 lens mount conversion service is now available in France, Germany, Italy, Sweden and the UK.
From the Canon Professional Network
Owners and purchasers of the Canon EOS C300 Mark II can now benefit from a new lens mount service option which offers the capability to change the 4K Digital Cinema Camera’s original EF mount to EF Mount with Cinema Lock or to a PL mount and back again.
The Lens Mount Replacement service can be booked in at the Canon Regional Competence Centres (RCC) in France, Germany, Italy, Sweden or the UK. Alternatively, the PL lens mount and SHIM kit are also available for direct sale.
Canon has also revealed that from early 2016 a PL mount version of the C300 Mark II will be available to purchase in all EMEA territories. Up until now the camera has only been available in an EF mount but by January 2016 customers can choose whether to purchase an EF mount or a PL mount version. The upcoming PL mount version of the camera will provide support for all of Canon’s PL mount Cinema lenses and other industry-standard PL lenses (Cooke/i not supported), thus allowing for even greater shooting possibilities.
For more information on the Lens Mount Conversion Service, see the entire article on the Canon Professional Network
Post Date: 11/19/2015 7:52:29 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Canon Professional Network
Wildlife photographer and Canon Explorer Marina Cano discusses her career with CPN Editor David Corfield, revealing how music, cameras and a new pair of binoculars have helped her get closer to the natural world...
If it weren’t for a flute, Marina Cano wouldn’t be the wildlife photographer she is today. It’s been an unusual journey for the Spanish lenswoman, but she is grateful for her past life as a professional flutist and says it is her love of music that has brought her closer to nature. “I was a teacher of music for more than 15 years – it’s my other passion,” Marina reveals. “I feel that music helps me with my aesthetic vision.”
“My work is about a celebration of the natural world,” she continues. “I think I have a special aesthetic sense and this comes to me naturally. The city in which I live, Santander, is incredibly beautiful and the land around me is beautiful too. So my life is steeped in all this beauty and I try to recreate it in my photography.”
“There is a really strong sense of design in my work. I can’t simply document a subject. I have to try and do something artistic, either by finding some drama with the subject or waiting for the light.”
Marina continues: “My father was a keen amateur photographer and when I was about 17 years old I started taking pictures with his old camera, just taking pictures of everything really; but a few years later I discovered wildlife photography and instantly I was in love.”
Read the entire article and see Marina Cano's excellent wildlife imagery at the Canon Professional Network
The binoculars Marina Cano uses for wildlife photography can be found here
Post Date: 11/19/2015 7:11:10 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Through 11/23, use coupon code PXBKFL8X8
to get 10-page, 8x8 Hardcover Photo Book
for $11.95. Regularly $22.80.
Post Date: 11/19/2015 6:57:02 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, buy a Canon EOS 5D Mark III
) from Adorama
, get a Samsung 40" Class LED 1080p HDTV for free. Samsung LED TV Highlights
- Full HD 1080p: With twice the resolution of standard HD TVs, Samsung TVs deliver images that are guaranteed to amaze and bring pleasure to your home entertainment experience. The realistic texture of full HD images invites you to enjoy a viewing experience that redefines reality
- Clear Motion Rate (CMR) 120: A comprehensive measure of a TV's ability to display images in motion. The higher the CMR, the better. Samsung achieves high CMR numbers based on panel processing advancements. See the picture quality difference for yourself
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended, brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural looking images and depicts subtle details and tones
- 10W x 2 Audio Power Stereo Broadcast: Supports multi-channel sound (MTS) and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity
- Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse: An advanced surround sound audio processing feature designed to optimize the TV's sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs and tablet devices
- SRS TheaterSound HD: A high-definition audio experience that delivers surround sound multi-channel content, using built-in TV speakers to significantly enhance both the depth and dimension of audio right through the TV. Enjoy a simulated surround sound experience
- HDMI x 2: HDMI is a convenient, high-quality single cable digital audio / video interface for connecting the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD / Blu-ray disc player, PC computers, PC portable devices, new generation tablets and devices featuring the HDMI output
- USB x 1: Universal Serial Bus (USB) is an industry standard for connecting a variety of computer, audio and video devices to the TV. USB movie capability allows the streaming of video from storage devices, cameras, camcorders and USB drives
- ConnectShare Movie: Now easily view that content right on the TV. Just plug the drive into the USB port and you are ready for a big screen experience
Post Date: 11/19/2015 6:29:06 AM CT Posted By: Sean