Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera - $2,925.36 Shipped (Compare at $3,299.00)
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
available for $2,925.36 with free shipping. Compare at $3,299.00.
Posted to: Canon News
DateTime: 6/25/2013 10:09:16 PM CT Posted By: Sean
85% Off Canvas Prints at CanvasPeople
For a limited time, CanvasPeople
has their Canvas Prints
on sale for 85% off
Toshiba Canvio 1.0 TB USB 3.0 Basics Portable Hard Drive - $59.99 (Compare at $78.00)
has the Toshiba Canvio 1.0 TB USB 3.0 Basics Portable Hard Drive
available for $59.99. Compare at $78.00. Features:
- USB 3.0-powered portable add-on storage.
- Easy to use with no software to install.
- Protects your drive (Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp Loading Technology).
- Gives you peace of mind with Toshiba 3-Year Limited Warranty.
- Plug and play operation.
Sony Vegas Pro 12 Edit - $199.00 (Compare at $259.00)
has Sony Vegas Pro 12 Edit
(Download with Activation Card) available for $199.00. Compare at $259.00. Features:
- Support for 60p, 4K, and 3D Projects
- Unlimited Video and Audio Tracks
- Native Support for Popular File Formats
- Import/Export Most Popular Project Files
- Smart Proxy Workflow
- Expanded Edit Mode
- Over 200 2D and 3D Transitions
- System-Wide Media Management
- Media Tagging and Smart Bins
Lowepro DryZone Duffle Bag 20L (Yellow) In Stock at B&H
Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera - $2,959.00 (Compare at $3,299.00)
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
available for $2,959.00. Compare at $3,299.00.
Posted to: Canon News
DateTime: 6/25/2013 9:01:25 AM CT Posted By: Sean
DxO FilmPack 4 Now Fully Compatible with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
From DxO: June 25, 2013
– DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO FilmPack v4.0.2, its celebrated film simulation and creative rendering software. This update allows DxO FilmPack 4 to interact perfectly with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.
With DxO FilmPack v4.0.2, users of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 can apply to their digital images all of the characteristic color, contrast, and grain of dozens of analog films that have made photo history.
DxO FilmPack 4 also offers numerous original looks, filters, tonings, and visual effects, all of which can be infinitely combined and customized. In addition, 65 renderings and stunning visual effects are available to allow photographers to give their images greater emotional impact and an even more unique style, whether in color or in black & white.
Available in two editions, Essential and Expert, DxO FilmPack v4.0.2 can be installed as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 and 5, Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6, Photoshop Elements 10 and 11, Apple Aperture 3, and DxO Optics Pro v8.2, and as a standalone application for Mac and Windows — all with the same license.
Photographers who purchased a DxO FilmPack 3 license on or after March 1, 2013 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 4. Other customers are entitled to a special discount on their upgrade directly from their client account, through June 30, 2013. B&H
carries DxO FilmPack 3
. They also have DxO FilmPack 4
available for preorder.
Refurbished Nikon COOLPIX AW100 Digital Camera (Orange/Black/Blue) - $149.99 (Compare at $239.00 New)
(via RobertsCamera) has the Refurbished Nikon COOLPIX AW100 Digital Camera
(Orange/Black/Blue) available for $149.99 with free shipping. Compare at $239.00 new.
Posted to: Nikon News
DateTime: 6/25/2013 7:57:04 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Think Tank Photo Releases Second Video in "About a Photograph" Series
From Think Tank Photo:
We just released the second in our “About A Photograph™” video series. Sports Illustrated staff photographer Simon Bruty narrates the events behind his London Olympics’ image of German Olympic weightlifter Matthias Steiner barely escaping injury when he dropped a 432 pound barbell onto his neck.
Said Simon, “The thing about being a sports photographer, it wasn’t like I created everything. What it is down to is me getting there early, me getting a decent spot, and then paying attention and concentrating.”
During his career, Bruty has traveled extensively to work on feature stories as diverse as soccer in Zambia, golfers in Greenland, and badminton in Indonesia. Somewhere along the way he learned how to make people sit still and developed a diverse archive of portraiture including Michael Phelps with his eight Olympic gold medals, Lance Armstrong, Ben Bradlee, and David Beckham, among other modern luminaries. In 2003, The London Observer chose one of Bruty's photographs to be included in their list of the World's 50 Greatest Sports Photographs.
Think Tank Photo’s “About a Photograph™ video series features some of the world’s leading photographers recounting the stories behind their images that captured global attention. Each short video focuses on the forces that led up to that perfect moment in time when subject, story, setting, equipment, and photographer converged.
“About A Photograph” is being produced by Kurt Rogers and Deanne Fitzmaurice, Think Tank Photo’s co-founders and award-winning photojournalists. The video series will feature current as well as classic and historic photographs that span a range of styles, including documentary/photojournalistic, fine art, nature/environment, sports, and politics. Note:
Use the links from this site to get a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo
CamRanger Adds Android Application for Wireless Tethering
From CamRanger: Alexandria, VA - June 25, 2013
- CamRanger LLC, creators of the award winning CamRanger, a device that wirelessly controls Canon and Nikon digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras, has released a new Android app
for wireless control of Canon and Nikon DSLRs for photography and movie recording. The new application allows wireless tethering to Android users with their Canon or Nikon DSLR camera using the CamRanger device or allows wireless file transmission to the Android device.
“Until now, the CamRanger has been a great tool for photographers with iPads, iPhones, or Mac and Windows computers,” stated Dave Pawlowski, co-founder and co-developer of CamRanger. “We are pleased to announce that users of Android tablets and phones can now control their Digital SLR camera using the CamRanger device.”
The CamRanger is a wireless device that plugs into your Digital SLR camera to create an ad hoc wireless network that can be used without existing internet to connect a camera to an Android tablet or phone (running OS 3.2 and higher), as well as to an iPad, iPhone, or Mac or Windows computers. Free apps are either available from the Google Play store or the iTunes store.
“We regularly update the CamRanger software, making it compatible with more devices and cameras in the market,” added Dave Pawlowski. “It was a natural step to allow photographers who own Android devices to use the CamRanger device.”
The CamRanger has a wireless range of up to 150 feet for wireless tethering for photography and video monitoring and control. The CamRanger allows wireless tethering for over 30 different Canon and Nikon cameras. The included software includes live view, touch focusing, focus stacking, intervalometer, HDR, changing settings, record and focus during movie, client mode and much more. The CamRanger can also act as a wireless file transmitter for Canon and Nikon cameras. It operates on a rechargeable and replaceable battery and can be recharged using a USB cable or AC adapter. The system comes with its own protective case for safe storage and an Ethernet cable for firmware upgrades.
The cameras compatible with the CamRanger:
Canon: Xsi, T1i, T2i, T3i, T4i, 40D, 50D, 60D, 6D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 1DS Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1Dx
Nikon: D5000, D5100, D5200, D90, D7000, D7100, D300, D300S, D700, D600, D800, D800E, D3, D3s, D3x, D4
The devices compatible with the CamRanger:
iOS: iPad 1 and newer (including iPad mini), iPhone 3GS and newer, and iPod Touch 3rd generation and newer (download at the iTunes store)
Android: 3.2 software and up (download at the Google Play store)
Mac OSX: 10.7 and 10.8 OS (download at CamRanger.com)
Windows: Windows 7 and 8 OS (in beta, download at CamRanger.com) B&H
carries the CamRanger wireless tethering transmitter
Canon PowerShot S100 Digital Camera - $259.00 Shipped (Compare at $304.92)
(via AdoramaCamera) has the Canon PowerShot S100 Digital Camera
available for $259.00 with free shipping. Compare at $304.92.
Posted to: Canon News
DateTime: 6/25/2013 6:57:20 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Nikon D7100 Firmware 1.01 Now Available
From Nikon: Modifications enabled with this upgrade of firmware, release date June 25, 2013
- When images captured using a flash in Manual or Repeating flash mode were played back with the “Overview” display enabled, flash output level was displayed in the flash compensation portion of the display. This issue has been resolved.
- When the AE/AF lock button was pressed with Special Effects mode enabled, Selective Color selected, and the view magnified with selective color options displayed in live view, the image did not change while live view was active. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the Viewfinder Virtual Horizon to freeze when certain operations were performed has been resolved.
- When images captured with white balance bracketing enabled were played back, a white balance fine-tuning value of 9 (steps) was displayed even for images captured with a fine-tuning value of 10 (steps) applied. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented cursor movement when certain operations were performed in calendar playback mode has been resolved.
- The size of some text displayed in calendar playback mode has been modified.
- Display of focal lengths in 35mm  format recorded in image Exif data has been corrected.
- With movie recording at 1920 × 1080/24p in M exposure mode, subject brightness did not change, even when shutter speed was adjusted. This issue has been resolved.
Confirming the firmware version:
- Turn on the D7100
- Press the MENU button and select Firmware Version from the setup menu. The camera's firmware version will be displayed.
- Turn off the D7100
Basic Upgrade instructions:
- Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer.
- Choose the correct download below for the computer system you are using, and save the download to the folder created in step 1.
- Run the downloaded file to create the folder titled D7100Update, containing the following file: D7100_0101.bin
- Format an approved memory card in the camera, then remove .
- Copy the D7100_0101.bin file to the top level of the memory card using a memory card reader or similar device, do not copy the file into any folder on the memory card.
- Insert memory card into the cameras memory card slot, and switch on.
- Select Firmware Version from the setup menu and follow the instructions displayed to upgrade the camera's firmware.
- DO NOT switch off the camera at any time during the update, doing so may result in the need for service.
- After the upgrade is complete, trun the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Check the cameras firmware version to be sure it completed.
- Format memory card in camera for use.
* - Firmware updates can be performed for you at authorized Nikon service centers.
Download: Windows | Macintosh
B&H carries the Nikon D7100 DSLR camera.
Posted to: Nikon News
DateTime: 6/25/2013 6:51:20 AM CT Posted By: Sean