PocketWizard has made ControlTL MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 Nikon Beta Firmware Version 3.110 available for download
The Beta Firmware Release Bulletin
has more details, but version 3.110 includes new Nikon camera model support, feature improvements and bug fixes. (thanks Mike)
From Datacolor: Capture Consistent Color Day-to-Day and Camera-to-Camera with Updated SpyderCheckr™ from Datacolor First Color Reference System to Support Hasselblad Phocus™ Now Available in Bundle Package; Offers Photographers Inclusive Solution for Camera and Scene Color Control
Lawrenceville, NJ – June 21, 2012 –– Datacolor® (www.datacolor.com), a global leader in color management solutions, today announced SpyderCheckr™, an advanced color reference and gray card system, now supports Hasselblad’s Phocus™ software. In addition, the improved system will be included in the new SpyderCheckr Pro, a bundle package that includes both the SpyderCheckr and the SpyderCube, a pocket size RAW calibration tool that eliminates the need for traditional 18% gray cards and includes a Black Trap for shadow detail control. Together, SpyderCheckr and SpyderCube offer a comprehensive solution for camera and scene color control. SpyderCheckr Pro is currently available at a special introductory offer of $139.
Spectrally engineered with 48 color patches and user-friendly profiling software, Datacolor SpyderCheckr enables photographers to achieve consistent, predictable color control from capture to edit. The only color reference system that supports Hasselblad’s Phocus software, SpyderCheckr allows photographers to obtain consistent, accurate color within a standard RAW processing workflow, perform precision in-camera white balance, create custom camera calibration and record known color references.
Features of the Datacolor SpyderCheckr also include:
- Consistent color control for RAW workflow, giving a color standard for any camera and decreasing post production time
- Neutral gray target and gray ramp for in-camera white balance and visual neutrality
- Extensive skin tone samples for portrait and fashion photography including 48 spectrally engineered color patches with extensive skin tones
- Durable, eco-friendly self-casing construction for easy transport and field use, with replaceable targets, first-in-class tripod mount and an innovative built-in fade strip indicator that issues a warning when target inserts need replacing
- Easy-to-use software that interacts with Hasselblad Phocus, Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera RAW to produce calibration presets that fit directly into a digital workflow
- FadeCheckr is a light sensitive patch which allows you to track the light exposure of the color targets and warns you when it is time to replace the color cards.
“The SpyderCheckr is a vital tool for photographers who are looking for accurate and predictable color without having to spend hours adjusting color in post-production,” said Dave Faulkner, Product Manager for Imaging Color Solutions at Datacolor. “Combining the SpyderCheckr with the SpyderCube in the newly released SpyderCheckr Pro product bundle provides photographers the essential tools to control color and contrast at the capture stage, as well as streamline their workflow to produce reliable and consistent color resulting in beautiful images.”
Availability and Pricing
The SpyderCheckr Pro bundle is now available for a special promotional offer of $139 (regular price $179). For more information please visit spyder.datacolor.com.
B&H carries the SpyderCheckr.