Among other reasons, to better fit product release schedules (and to avoid competition with CES), PMA has announced new September show dates for 2011
DXO has added more than 75 new Optics Correction Modules
to their DxO Optics software.
Adobe has released Bridge CS5 4.0.2 Update. This update enables the Export panel and includes several important bug fixes. Windows
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original one that was installed with Adobe® Photoshop® CS5, Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Adobe Premiere® Elements 8 software. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras. Windows
Here is more information from Lightroom Journal:
Camera Raw 6.1 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanisms available in Photoshop CS5. This update includes camera support for the following models:
• Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
• Kodak Z981
• Leaf Aptus-II 8
• Leaf Aptus-II 10R
• Mamiya DM40
• Olympus E-PL1
• Olympus E-600
• Panasonic G2
• Panasonic G10
• Sony A450
• Camera Raw 6.1 includes new lens correction functionality that can apply profile-based corrections to accommodate geometric distortions, chromatic aberration and lens vignette effects. Manual corrections for geometric distortion as well as vertical and horizontal perspective transforms are also available. A handful of lens profiles are included for automatic correction and more can be created by the community with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator/)
• This release addresses a bug on the Mac platform that could cause Photoshop CS5 to quit unexpectedly when opening a file in the Camera Raw 6.0 plug-in.
• This release contains performance enhancements designed to improve the responsiveness of the controls and the scrolling mechanism relative to Camera Raw 6.0.
• The camera support provided in this release was previously provided in the Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in update with the exception of the Olympus E-600 which is new to this update. Please read the following blog post for an explanation of why redundant support has been released.
• Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on our Camera Raw 6.1 Release Candidate
The Canon EOS 50D
instant rebates end today. Sorry for the late notice (I'm still digging out from my trip).
The rebate amount is $100 for the body (or the body with the EF 28-135mm IS lens) or $250 if the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens
is purchased at the same time. The rebate is in effect from Apr 4 through Jun 5, 2010.
The Canon EOS 50D Instant Rebate Form
is available for download.
Here is the 50D at: B&H