(via RobertsCamera) has the Refurbished Nikon D4 DSLR Camera
available for $4,249.00 with free shipping. Compare at $5,495.00 (refurbished).
Post Date: 4/11/2014 2:57:31 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Tamron: Incorporates PZD (Piezo Drive) and Tamron's exclusive VC (Vibration Compensation) system to further enhance the real-world performance of this next-generation "all-around lens", which makes taking photographs more convenient and enjoyable. April 11, 2014, Commack, NY
- Tamron USA, Inc.announced today the release date of its new advanced All-In-One zoom lens, designed exclusively for DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors, that provides an amazing 18.8X zoom ratio. The lens will be on sale in the USA starting May 15, 2014 at a street price of $629. The Canon and Nikon mount models will be launched simultaneously. The launch date of the Sony mount model will be announced at a later date.
Since the launch in 1992 of the 28-200mm (Model 71D) high-power zoom lens - which featured a revolutionary compact, lightweight design - Tamron has been continually expanding its portfolio of world-class optics to benefit consumers.
Tamron previously launched an 18-270mm (Model B008) All-In-One zoom lens exclusively for digital SLR cameras with APS-C size image sensors that features a 15X zoom ratio, superior image quality, swift, quiet AF, and Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism, in an ultra-compact package. This ground-breaking lens has won major plaudits throughout the world.
Responding to consumers' demand for expanded focal lengths both at the wide-angle end of the zoom range and the telephoto end, Tamron developed a completely new All-In-One zoom lens design that provides an impressive focal length range extending from 16mm true wide-angle to 300mm super-telephoto. B&H
has the Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO Lens
available for preorder.
Post Date: 4/11/2014 12:15:09 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Sigma: New, prime Art lens on US shelves for $949 in late April RONKONKOMA– April 11, 2014
– Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, is pleased to announce that the newest addition to its Global Vision Art camera lens lineup, the 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, will be available late April for the street price of $949.
The much anticipated 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art is a pro-level performer for full-frame DSLRs and is ideal for many types of videography and photography, including portraits, landscapes, studio work and still-life. It has been redesigned and re-engineered with SLD glass and has been optimized for rich peripheral brightness, with improved large aperture performance by positioning wide elements into the front groups.
Other updates to this new lens include an optimized autofocus algorithm for smoother focusing and a floating focusing system to reduce lens movement while focusing. Under the Global Vision line, it features a new matte finish, an updated AF algorithm and every lens undergoes Sigma’s proprietary modulation transfer function (MTF) “A1” testing before being shipped. It has 13 elements in eight groups, compared to the previous eight elements in six groups, and it also has improved close focusing at 15.7 inches and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.6.
“Our Art lenses, such as the 35mm F1.4, 24-105mm F4 and 18-35mm F1.8 have been incredibly well received to date, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the excitement around the news of this upgraded 50mm F1.4,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “Clearly, the industry is hungry for reasonably priced, powerful, high-quality, multi-purpose lenses – and they’ve seen the image quality that’s being produced by our new Global Vision lenses. There are no sacrifices with these products, and the new 50mm F1.4 is sure to be another star in our lineup.”
The 50mm F1.4 was first announced at the Consumer Electronics Show this year. It incorporates Sigma’s Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) system to produce quiet, high-speed auto focus. In addition, it includes Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, and to ensure the highest-quality images. The 50mm F1.4 DG HSM lens is also compatible with Sigma’s USB dock and the company’s Mount Conversion Service.
The Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG will be available in Sigma, Sony (D), Nikon (D), and Canon mounts. B&H
has the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
available for preorder. I submitted my preorder at 2:15am CDT. ;-) [Sean]
Post Date: 4/11/2014 7:49:38 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Our NYC SuperStore and Offices will close in observance of the Passover Holiday from Monday, April 14 through Tuesday, April 22. We will reopen on Wednesday, April 23 at 9:00 am EDT.
Place your order by Sunday, April 13 by 12:00 pm Noon EDT in order to ship before the Holiday. Orders placed after this time will be processed when we reopen.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patronage.
Post Date: 4/11/2014 7:29:21 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Along with the launch of SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM, the Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce that we are going to update SIGMA Optimization Pro very shortly.
The version will be 1.2.0, and it will offer following additional customization when it is used with the SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM. [Setting Full-time MF Function]
It is possible to select the Full-time MF Function ON / OFF.
- Full-time MF will be in operation when it focused in the Single Shot AF mode.
- Regardless of the AF modes of the camera, Full-time MF is activated by rotating the focus ring if auto focusing in operation.
- It is possible to adjust the timing to operate Full-time MF function.
* This customization of Full-time MF function is only available for the SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM.
* There may be limitations in the function depending on cameras.
Expected Date of Service:
From April 18, 2014
SIGMA Optimization Pro Download
B&H has the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens available for preorder. They also carry the Sigma USB Dock (review).
Post Date: 4/11/2014 7:07:03 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Lens
available for preorder for $949.00 with free shipping. Preorder now to get one of the first available copies! Mounts Available for Preorder: Canon
Post Date: 4/11/2014 2:12:17 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera
available for $675.00. Compare at $796.95. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 7:27:10 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via 6ave) has the Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens
available for $557.82 with free shipping. Compare at $746.95. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and not eligible for a Nikon USA warranty.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 5:40:38 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens for Canon/Nikon APS-C
available for $609.00. Compare at $699.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 5:32:36 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Tamron: A high-performance, high-power zoom lens that delivers focal lengths extending from an unprecedented 16mm at the wide-angle end up to a long-range telephoto 300mm! Incorporates PZD (Piezo Drive) and Tamron's exclusive VC (Vibration Compensation) system to further enhance the real-world performance of this next-generation "all-round lens", which makes taking photographs more convenient and enjoyable. April 10, 2014, Saitama, Japan
– Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, has announced the release of an advanced new all-in-one zoom lens exclusively for digital SLR cameras with APS-C size image sensors that provides an amazing 18.8x zoom ratio.
Since the launch in 1992 of the 28-200mm (Model 71D) high-power zoom lens – which featured a revolutionary compact, lightweight design – Tamron has been continually expanding its portfolio of world-class optics to benefit consumers.
Tamron previously launched an 18-270mm (Model B008) all-in-one zoom lens exclusively for digital SLR cameras with APS-C size image sensors that features a 15x zoom ratio, superior image quality, swift, quiet AF, and Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism, in an ultra-compact package. This ground-breaking lens has been winning plaudits throughout the world.
Responding to consumers' demand for expanded focal lengths both at the wide-angle end of the zoom range and the telephoto end, Tamron has now developed a completely new all-in-one zoom lens design that provides an impressive focal length range extending from 16mm true wide-angle to 300mm super-telephoto.
The Canon and Nikon mount models will be first simultaneously launched in the Japanese market on April 24, 2014, with overseas launches to follow in mid-May. The launch date of the Sony mount model will be announced at a later date. Product Highlights:
- A further expansion of the imaging range. With a minimum focal length of 16mm (35mm equivalent: 25mm) at the wide-angle end of the zoom range, and a maximum focal length of 300mm (35mm equivalent: 465mm), this remarkable new lens provides the world's first zoom ratio of approximately 18.8X.
Responding to requests from consumers who wanted to be able to photograph subjects with a wider viewing angle than is possible with conventional high-power zoom lenses, Tamron has developed a unique lens with a minimum focal length of 16mm. At the telephoto end, the maximum focal length has been increased to an impressive 300mm. Users of this new lens can enjoy unprecedented framing flexibility by easily adjusting the angle of view using the convenient zoom ring.
- Superior, reliable image quality with a universal lens.
The lens construction features 16 elements in 12 groups. This includes three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, one Hybrid Aspherical element, two LD (Low Dispersion) elements, one XR (Extra Refractive Index) glass element, and one element of UXR (Ultra-Extra Refractive Index) glass, which has greater refractive index than XR. The full use of specialized glass elements in the design contributes to thorough compensation of optical aberrations. In addition, the use of the latest coating technology for suppressing reflections on lens element surfaces minimizes unwanted flare and ghosting and assures sharp, crisp, high-contrast images.
- Using a new design approach to create an ultra-compact lens.
The latest optical technology has been used to provide an expanded zoom range (compared to the B008) at both the wide-angle and telephoto ends, without necessitating the use of an oversized lens body. By employing UXR glass (which helps to reduce the size of the front lens diameter), an optimized layout of the Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, and adopting a 5-lens-group zoom system approach to provide enhanced design flexibility, the new lens embodies the fusion of state-of-the-art optical design, sophisticated mechanical design, and high-precision lens manufacturing technology, thereby attaining a compact size, an unprecedented zoom range, and superior image quality.
- A minimum focusing distance of just 0.39 meters supports an extensive range of macro photography capabilities.
The new lens provides a minimum focus distance of 0.39m over the entire zoom range, with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9. This makes it possible to get right up close to the subject of the photo to enjoy easy, stress-free macro photography.
- PZD (Piezo Drive) delivers faster, quieter autofocus action.
The PZD (Piezo Drive)*1, an advanced standing-wave ultrasonic motor system, delivers faster, quieter, more precise AF action when the autofocus is engaged. There is enhanced support for contrast-detection AF capabilities, and focusing when in live-view mode has been made smoother. The new lens also features full-time manual focus, a function that was not provided by B008, making manual focusing more convenient.
- Sharper images with VC (Vibration Compensation).
Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation)*2 mechanism is incorporated into the new lens.*3 VC reduces image blur caused by camera shake to deliver significantly sharper images even when shooting handheld at long telephoto settings.
- Moisture-resistant construction for worry-free outdoor shooting.
- Upgraded cosmetic design.
Tamron has upgraded the cosmetic design and finish of this lens to create a more sophisticated, high-end look in keeping with the demands of discerning DSLR users. Employing a sophisticated linear pattern rubber grip on the zoom and focus rings, and an elegant tungsten-silver name-brand ring, etc., this newly designed model accentuates its visceral presence with understated elegance and class.
B&H has the product pages created for the new Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO Lens, but the preorders are not yet available.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 4:43:28 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Lensbaby has announced a new 5.8mm Circular Fisheye Lens for Canon and Nikon systems. Overview:
Lensbaby's 5.8mm Circular Fisheye lens gives photographers a fun and affordable way to create circular images that transform the world around them.
This Circular Fisheye lens is great for capturing the scale of endless landscapes and big events, fun self-portraits, quirky shots of pets or friends, creating extreme perspective, and experimenting with unique lens flare. It is capable of capturing a 185° angle of view and focusing from 1/4 inch in front of the lens to infinity. That extreme close-focus paired with the incredibly wide 5.8mm focal length produces other-worldly distortion with exceptional sharpness throughout.
The Circular Fisheye is optimized for APS-C sensor DSLRs, while producing a smaller image circle on full frame DSLRs. Specs:
- Circular Fisheye lens
- 5.8mm focal length
- 185° angle of view
- Manual lens
- Polished internal barrel for creative flare & reflection
- Focus distance scale & hyperfocal scale to aid in focusing
- Available for Canon EF & Nikon F camera mounts
- Size/Weight: 2.75” (7cm) x 2.75” (7cm) x 3” (7.6cm) high / 10.5oz (298g)
- Full-circle image
- 185° angle of view
- 5.8mm f/3.5-22
- Extreme close focus from 1/4"
- Creates unique flare & reflection around image circle
- Manual focus
- Edge to edge sharpness
B&H has the Lensbaby 5.8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens available for preorder.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 4:07:22 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: A stylish, compact, and lightweight camera offering superior performance with tracking of moving subjects with the world's fastest continuous shooting with AF tracking, and excellent image quality that makes full-scale photography possible
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the new Nikon 1 J4, the latestaddition to the J series of Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses that propose new forms of imaging expression.
The Nikon 1 J4 is a model with which performance with tracking of moving subjects that exceeds that of digital SLR cameras, and advanced shooting functions with excellent image quality that makes full-scale photography possible, have been incorporated in a compact and lightweight body.
It offers 105 focus points with phase-detection AF and 171 focus points with contrast-detect AF. 105 densely packed focus points positioned over a broad range of the frame ensure precise acquisition of moving subjects. The NIKON 1 J4 supports high-speed continuous shooting at the world's fastest* continuous shooting rate of approximately 20 fps with AF tracking, and up to 60 fps when focus is locked. Ultra high-speed AF capable of capturing the perfect moment, ultra high-speed continuous shooting, and Best Moment Capture mode useful when it is difficult to gauge the best time to press the shutter-release button enable optimal response for capturing subject movement or fleeting expressions.
Equipped with 18.4-million pixels, a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine, the NIKON 1 J4 offers superior image quality.
It is also equipped with a number of advanced features that allow users to easily capture images as intended. Among these are a TFT LCD touch screen that enables intuitive operation, built-in Wi-Fi for simple transfer and sharing of high-quality images, and a variety of functions for recording 1920 x 1080/60p full-HD movies, including Fast Motion, Jump Cut, and 4-second Movie.
What's more, two new dedicated Nikon 1 accessories will also be released at the same time as the NIKON 1 J4: the WP-N3 Waterproof Case, and the full-scale Underwater SB-N10 Speedlight that allows users to fully enjoy the new values of the Nikon 1 system with underwater photography. NIKON 1 J4 Primary Features
- Moving-subject tracking performance superior to that of digital SLR cameras
- Equipped with 18.4-million pixels, a super high-speed AF CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter, and the latest EXPEED 4A image-processing engine for superior image quality
- Intuitive and practical operation
- Advanced movie-recording functions
- A square design that reflects the minimalistic concept behind Nikon 1 cameras
WP-N3 Waterproof Case Primary Features
- Waterproof to a depth of 45 m (147 ft.), the WP-N3 plays an active role in underwater activities such as diving
- Designed for a compact size and a firm grip
- Supports zoom operations
- When used with the Underwater Speedlight SB-N10, underwater flash photography is possible
- The flash can be turned on or off according to the scene
- Shutter lever and movie-record button positioned close together for smooth selection of, or switching between, recording methods
SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight Primary Features
- High flash output with a guide number of 28/92 at full power (ISO 100, m/ft.)
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 m (328 ft.)
- TTL and manual flash control are possible
- Supports a number of accessories, including the Underwater Bracket SK-N10A*, which can be used to mount the SB-N10 on a waterproof case, the Underwater Wide-Flash Adapter SW-N10A (supplied), which expands the angle of illumination when attached to the SB-N10, the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable SC-N10A*, which transmits light from the camera's built-in flash to the SB-N10, and the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable Adapter SR-N10A*, which is used to connect the underwater fiber-optic cable to the head of the flash built into the Nikon 1 AW1
Post Date: 4/10/2014 3:51:26 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: Incorporating Proven NIKKOR Lens Technology, The New NIKKOR AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Telephoto Zoom Lens Will Help Users Capture Amazing Action and Far Away Fun April 10, 2014 – MELVILLE, NY
– Today, Nikon Inc. announced the latest addition to its legendary NIKKOR lineup, the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR telephoto zoom lens. Designed for the DX-format photographer looking to get more out of their D-SLR camera, the versatile NIKKOR 18-300mm is a compact and lightweight 16.7X all-in-one telephoto zoom lens that delivers high performance and superior image quality. Whether capturing still images or HD video, the 18-300mm lens is built to help users capture content with vibrant colors and sharp details, plus shoot sports, vacations and wildlife with confidence.
“With the addition of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR to the NIKKOR lens line-up, DX-format photographers have a compact and lightweight all-in-one telephoto zoom that can handle any photo or video challenge,” said Masahiro Horie, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “With the 18-300mm lens, DX-format photographers will be able to capture sharp images and video with incredible detail. Additionally, the lens incorporates renowned NIKKOR optics and technology like a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), three Aspherical and three Extra-low Dispersion glass elements, as well as innovative features like Vibration Reduction image stabilization.” An All-In-One Telephoto Zoom Lens
With the introduction of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens, DX-format photographers have a compact and lightweight telephoto zoom lens, over 30 percent lighter than the acclaimed AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens, that produces the incredible results users have come to expect from Nikon’s NIKKOR lens lineup. The 18-300mm lens boasts an impressive 16.7X ultrahigh-ratio zoom range, offering a focal range from wide-angle 18mm to super-telephoto 300mm (27mm to 450mm equivalent in FX/35mm format). The new lens provides photographers with compositional freedom that is ideal for everyday use, whether capturing close-ups, sweeping landscapes, portraits, architecture, nature, sports and fast moving action. When recording HD videos, users will have the ability to capture wide establishing shots, medium close-up shots or extreme telephoto sequences that best complement their creative vision. With the new 18-300mm, photographers that currently use DX-format D-SLR cameras, like the Nikon D3000 and D5000 series, now have a versatile telephoto zoom lens to upgrade their current lens arsenal or complement their kit lens. Delivering Superior Performance and Image Quality
Incorporating proven NIKKOR lens optics and technology, the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens offers an extensive feature set that produces vibrant color, sharp detail with minimal distortion, whether capturing still images or recording HD video. Helping to ensure sharp photos and video even in low-light situations while also combatting the effects of camera shake, the 18-300mm comes equipped with Nikon’s renowned Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, providing the lens with four stops* of stabilization to help make shooting a blur-free experience, even while handheld.
Weighing a mere 19.4 ounces, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is remarkably compact and lightweight, making it a lens that is comfortable to carry regardless of the photo excursion. The construction of the 18-300mm lens contains 16 optical elements in 12 groups and includes three Aspherical (AS) and three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements to produce maximum contrast while minimizing lens flare and ghosting. Its three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements effectively minimize chromatic aberration at even the widest aperture settings. Also, the new lens incorporates a seven rounded-blade diaphragm, which helps achieve a beautiful and natural background blur. Like many of Nikon’s newest NIKKOR lenses, the 18-300mm has a Silent Wave Motor (SWM), designed to deliver fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing (AF) performance, plus Internal Focusing (IF), which gives it a more compact, streamlined lens design. Price and Availability
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens will be available in May 2014 for suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.95. B&H
has the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens
available for preorder.
Post Date: 4/10/2014 3:12:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean