From Elite Brands: An unprecedented opportunity to obtain cinema quality glass at an unbelievable price. September 16, 2015 – New York, NY
– For a strictly limited time from September 16 through September 24, 2015, filmmakers and videographers who purchase a XEEN by Rokinon 24mm/50mm/85mm Canon, Micro 4/3, Nikon, PL, or Sony E mount lens set will be rewarded with a $1500 EARLY ADOPTER INSTANT REBATE! Those who want to get started with individual XEEN lenses will be rewarded with a $300 per lens EARLY ADOPTER INSTANT REBATE! Quantities are limited and there is a three lens maximum per customer.
Features common to XEEN lenses appreciated by professionals include:
Engineered and optimized for high use professional cine and video applications, they are all backed by a Three Year Limited Warranty, the longest in the industry.
- 4K+ Ready Optics
- Full Frame Coverage
- Tightly Color Matched
- Durable All Metal Body
- Unified 40° Iris Rotation
- Unified 200° Focus Throw
- Large Easy To Read Markings
- Lens Support Mount (Except PL)
- 11 Bladed Diaphragm for Superb Bokeh
- Xeen Proprietary 14 Layer Multi-Coating
- Unified 114mm Non-Rotating Front Diameters
- Dual Calibrated Right and Left Side Distance and T-Stop Scales
- Unified Focus and Aperture Gear Positions for Easy Follow Focus Use
- Mounts can be shimmed and are interchangeable by a qualified technician
- Incredibly smooth and fully damped movement of focusing and aperture controls
XEEN by Rokinon lens mechanics and optics are manufactured and precision assembled in Korea utilizing cutting edge techniques. Offering a MSRP of $2,995 each, they are extraordinary affordable when compared to other true cine lenses in their class. B&H
carries the Rokinon XEEN 24/50/85mm Cinema Lens Kit.
Post Date: 9/18/2015 12:10:33 PM CT Posted By: Sean
The Canon Store
has a "Buy 1, Get 4 Free" deal on select Canon paper packs
(other packs qualify for 2 free packs). As a bonus, use coupon code P150901
to get 50% off
Post Date: 9/18/2015 11:27:22 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For a very limited time, Amazon
has the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC for Canon
featured as a Lightning Deal
and is available for $269.99. Compare at $319.00.
Post Date: 9/18/2015 9:36:12 AM CT Posted By: Sean
results from the EOS 5Ds R
have been added to the Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Lens Review
This useful lens is relatively small, light and, with a wide aperture paired with image stabilization, is handholdable in very low light levels. B&H
has the Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Lens
in stock with a $50.00 instant rebate available.
Post Date: 9/18/2015 9:34:13 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
From Epson: New PictureMate PM-400 Delivers 4"x6" and 5"x7" Photos in a Space-Saving Design LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 17, 2015
– Epson America, Inc. today introduced the PictureMate PM-400 Personal Photo Lab delivering high quality, long-lasting photos in a compact, lightweight, wireless solution. Designed to quickly share milestone memories and special moments – at family gatherings, parties, and more – the PM-400 prints beautiful borderless 4" x 6" and 5" x 7" photos that are smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant, and last up to 200 years. The PictureMate PM-400 is also a complete wireless solution, with built-in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n, Wi-Fi Direct as well as seamless printing from an iPad, iPhone, and Android tablet or smartphone.
“Catering to today’s mobile lifestyles, the wireless and space-saving PictureMate PM-400 allows photo enthusiasts and busy families to print and share everyday moments wherever they occur and regardless of which device you are using,” said Stacey Tieu, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "Print 4"x6" and 5"x7" photos for school projects, special events, and creative DIY projects – personalized postcards, party invitations and more – easily and quickly with a host of custom printing options."
Featuring a 2.7-inch LCD screen and easy-to-use button formatting for intuitive set up and navigation – all without a PC – the personal photo lab creates beautiful stacks of photos conveniently and quickly, printing 4"x6" photos in as fast as 36 seconds. The PictureMate PM-400 offers a range of photo editing and custom printing options including Auto Photo Correction, removing red eye, printing classic borders or borderless, as well as the ability to print in black-and-white, color or sepia. For added convenience, users have the option to purchase a replacement ink cartridge, or a Print Pack, which contains both replacement ink and 100 sheets of 4" x 6" glossy photo paper. More about the PictureMate PM-400
This compact wireless printer makes it easy to quickly print beautiful photos with a range of features and capabilities:
Pricing and Availability
- Total wireless solution — print from iPad, iPhone, tablets and smartphones; includes Wi-Fi Direct
- High-quality photos, fast — print vibrant 4" x 6" photos in as fast as 36 seconds
- Share prints for generations to come — durable prints last up to 200 years in album storage
- Worry-free handling — photos are smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant
- Conveniently print stacks of photos — Print Packs available (with ink and paper included)
- Print your favorite photos, PC-free — 2.7-inch color display and built-in card slot to preview and edit photos
- Easily edit photos — get custom prints with Auto Photo Correction; crop, remove red eye and more
- Get your photos, your way — print in color, black-and-white or sepia, with or without borders
- Print or share, anywhere — easily print from a tablet or smartphone with Epson Connect; support includes Android, Apple iPad and iPhone, Chromebook, Fire OS, Mac and Windows devices
The PictureMate PM-400 is now available for $249.99 (MSRP) at major e-tail stores nationwide. B&H
carries the Epson PictureMate PM-400 Personal Photo Lab
Post Date: 9/18/2015 8:22:43 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Pinnacle Imaging Systems:
Belmont, CA – September 16, 2015 – Today, Pinnacle Imaging Systems(TM), developer of the next generation of still and motion imaging technology, announced that it has acquired the intellectual property, products and trademarks developed by Unified Color Technologies(TM) with plans to expand beyond consumer-focused HDR software solutions to offer its technology as embedded HDR solutions for digital still and video camera designs. Pinnacle Imaging Systems will also continue to support and develop its award-winning still-image HDR applications, HDR Express(TM), HDR Expose(TM) and its Photoshop plug-in 32 Float under the Pinnacle Imaging Systems brand.
“This is an exciting time for our team as we are expanding our core color technology IP, which has long driven our consumer software applications, to now address video and embedded hardware designs,” said Alfred Zee, President & CEO of Pinnacle Imaging Systems. “With our technology embedded in next generation still and video cameras, system designers requiring improved video quality will be able to deliver the most accurate color and tonal rendition possible for real-time HDR capture.”
Enabling Color-Safe Real-Time HDR Video Capture
Throughout the history of digital imaging, photographers and filmmakers have been bound by the inherent contrast or dynamic range limitations of their capture devices, none of which were actually capable of rendering the contrast ranges that are visible to the human eye. It’s this uniquely human capability that continues to drive the demand for high definition, high dynamic range imaging and video, and Pinnacle Imaging Systems’ proprietary Beyond RGB(TM) color technology provides the most true to life results for those looking to maintain exacting color rendition consistent with that seen by the human eye.
By licensing its color technology to hardware developers, Pinnacle Imaging Systems will enable the next generation of video cameras to shoot real-time high dynamic range video that is completely safe from disorienting color shifts during video processing. For developers looking to deploy real-time, color-accurate high dynamic range video capture, Beyond RGB is the only color technology available today that can ensure color rendition as perceived by the human eye.
“HDR video capture is the new frontier for improving video quality and data capture for recognition. Currently, demand for HDR video is being driven from the top-down with digital content creators looking for HDR capabilities to be embedded into cameras and production equipment, and consumers seeking HDR-capable smart TV’s and set top boxes. Eventually that demand will trickle down into consumer mobile devices over the next three to five years,” said Ron Tussy, Principal Analyst, The Imerge Group. “Embedded HDR tone mapping will not only improve the quality of video, but is also a critical underlying technology necessary to improve data for applications such as depth mapping and recognition in automotive ADAS as well as security/surveillance applications. Pinnacle Imaging Systems, with their proprietary IP, is the only provider of embedded HDR video that keeps all the color data intact and does so without a color shift.”
Post Date: 9/18/2015 8:07:07 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Canon EOS 5Ds DSLR Camera
available for $2,999.00. Compare at $3,699.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 9/18/2015 6:19:13 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
) available for $2,959.00. Compare at $3,599.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 9/18/2015 5:45:46 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, B&H
has the Polsen VM-150 DSLR/Video Microphone
available for $59.95 with free expedited shipping. Regularly $109.95. Product Highlights
- Compact Directional Condenser Microphone
- Integrated Shockmount with Shoe Mount
- 1/4"-20 Socket for Use with Boom Pole
- Switchable -10 dB Pad
- Switchable Low Cut Filter @ 80 Hz
- Power Indicator & Signal Overload LEDs
- 3.5mm Mini Plug Output Connector
- 8" Coiled Cable
- Windscreen & AAA Battery Included
Post Date: 9/18/2015 5:35:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Canon: Details:
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon which occurs when the “Shutter button half-press” menu item, configured in “C.Fn5: Operation”>”Custom Controls Menu”, is set to metering start only; depending on when the shutter button is half-pressed, it may initiate AutoFocus.
- Firmware Version 1.4.0 includes all improvements and fixes provided in previous firmware versions.
As a result of this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 1.3.9 (or later) will not be able to read the “camera settings file” created with cameras running Firmware Version 1.3.5 (or earlier). If you require the “camera settings file”, please create it after updating to firmware version 1.3.9 (or later). Support:
Canon USA will perform this firmware update on the EOS-1D C Cinema EOS Camera free of charge. Shipping and handling charges may apply. Please contact the Canon Customer Support Center for details.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
the EOS-1D C. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available for download. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification. B&H
carries the Canon EOS-1D C Cinema Camera
Post Date: 9/17/2015 3:16:11 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Canon USA: Company Launches First-Ever EXPO Virtual Tour to Provide an Insider's Look into the Future of Imaging Technology MELVILLE, N.Y., September 17, 2015
- Although Canon EXPO 2015 New York may be over, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that it will extend the excitement to those unable to attend, via the first-ever virtual tour on the Canon EXPO Website. This site will provide rich online content that recaps being at the company's five years in the making EXPO, recently held September 10-11 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
Revealing Canon's vision into the future of imaging technology, Canon EXPO 2015 New York featured more than 100,000 square feet of exhibition space, showcasing a combination of current and future Canon products and highlighted how powerful and innovative imaging technologies enhance homes, universities, businesses, hospitals, stadiums, movie sets and more.
Andy Slawetsky, with Industry Analysts, said of his first-hand experience at EXPO, "Canon is one of the largest annual patent recipients in the world and attending a show like this is just awesome. Technology everywhere. While I really only focus on a small part of Canon's portfolio, it's a treat to see everything they do under one roof."
Visit the Canon EXPO website for a virtual tour including:
- The Stadium Zone, an impressive recreation of Yankee Stadium, where visitors can find information on the cameras and lenses professionals choose to capture the action and bring memorable events to life.
- The Imaging Journey Zone highlights the evolution of imaging including a 4K projector capable of 8K projection, under development, as well as museum quality printing technology.
- The Professional Printing Zone provides visitors with information on a range of large format printers including the Oc‚ Arizona Series flatbed printers, the Oc‚ varioPRINT i300, and the award-winning Canon imagePRESS C10000VP Digital Press, which sets a new quality benchmark in its class by delivering robust productivity of up-to-100 images per minute.
- The Home Zone allows visitors to experience modern home imaging solutions for the always-connected generation.
- The Enterprise Zone shows how Canon supports businesses worldwide and spotlights Canon's new Rich Collaboration System, an innovative communication platform under development, allowing businesses to connect virtually to enhance communication.
- The Film Production Zone highlights new ways to help professional storytellers bring their visions to life. Cinematographers, videographers, photographers, production companies, broadcasters and networks can benefit from Canon innovations designed to achieve greater levels of depth, detail and dimension.
- The Customer Experience Zone provides access to information on Canon's Live Learning programs, professional imaging services as well as its commitment to top-notch customer service.
- The University Zone demonstrates ultra-high zooming capabilities when utilizing a 250 megapixel CMOS sensor as well as optical technology behind the Subaru Telescope.
- The Advanced Industry Solutions Zone features a glimpse into Canon's MREAL Solution demonstrations.
Canon EXPO will visit Paris and Tokyo later in 2015 and Shanghai in 2016.
For more information visit: Expo2015NY.com/virtualtour
Post Date: 9/17/2015 3:00:14 PM CT Posted By: Sean