(via AllNewShop) has the Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera
) available for $1,099.00 with free shipping. Compare at $1,499.00 after $300.00 instant savings. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and therefore technically ineligible for a Canon USA warranty.
results from the EOS 5Ds R
and 1Ds Mark III
have been added to the Tamron 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens
This lens is looking quite impressive, especially in the periphery, even wide open. Check out the lower three crops, showing mostly numbers from the center, mid and periphery, in the EOS 5Ds R f/1.8
Here are some pre-built comparisons to get you started: Tamron 85 f/1.8 VC compared to the Canon 85mm f/1.2L II
(at f/2 on 5Ds R)Tamron 85 f/1.8 VC compared to the Canon 85mm f/1.8Tamron 85 f/1.8 VC compared to the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG
(at f/2)Tamron 85 f/1.8 VC compared to the Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4
Results from the 7D Mark II are coming soon. B&H
has the Tamron 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens
From Canon USA: Live Speaker Sessions, Extensive Lens Exhibits and 8K Imaging Display are Just Some of the Highlights in the Canon Booth MELVILLE, N.Y., April 6, 2016
– At the 2016 NAB Show in Las Vegas, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its full line of professional 4K and high-definition imaging equipment for motion picture, television production, video content creation, and still photography at booth C4325. Additionally, there will be presentations and panel discussions throughout the show featuring Canon Explorers of Light, ASC members, and other emerging voices in imaging culture. A unique, immersive event, 8K Ride Experience showcases Canon’s innovation in current, emerging, and future technology by providing a simulated journey through a realistic, panoramic landscape powered by Canon 8K imaging technology. Visitors will also have hands-on opportunities with the full range of Canon Cinema cameras, 4K reference displays, HD Video and DSLR cameras, including the recently announced EOS-1D X Mark II and EOS 80D DSLR Cameras. On the lens side, users can see the latest in Canon Cinema, Broadcast, and EF lenses. In addition, on display will be Canon’s line of high- resolution Projectors, including a 4K HDR Projector and its first laser model, the LX-MU800Z.
“The NAB show is Canon’s opportunity to show our valued customers and the industry our latest technology as well as the multitude of ways that Canon digital imaging solutions can help them achieve their vision,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “NAB is an amazing show for us to connect with professionals in all aspects of video creation, editing, and distribution.” A Beautiful Planet
Cinematographer James Neihouse, ASC will be presenting alongside Marsha Ivins, a former American astronaut and veteran of five space shuttle missions, about the making of the IMAX movie A Beautiful Planet. The film, premiering in April, was largely shot aboard the International Space Station using Canon EOS C500 and EOS-1D C Cinema Cameras in 4K. Neihouse has worked on more than 30 IMAX films including Space Station 3-D and Hubble 3-D. He has also trained more than 25 shuttle and space-station crews on the intricacies of large-format filmmaking. Ivins consulted on A Beautiful Planet drawing on her many years of experience with filming in space during her tenure with NASA. 8K Technology
Canon will be bringing its 8K Ride Experience to NAB as well. First introduced at the Canon Expo this past September in New York, The 8K Ride Experience projects video on large screens surrounding viewers to give them a unique sense of movement while sitting or standing still. By experiencing such high resolution imagery from all angles, the technology can simulate a physical journey often sparking a physical and emotional reaction. Additionally, Canon will be showcasing working prototype 8K cameras and lenses, with the stunning imagery shown on Canon 8K displays. Also on display will be a prototype 4K Projector capable of covering up to 100 percent of the DCI color space. Canon Professional Services
Canon’s Professional Services (CPS) will again be hosting the Canon Hospitality Suite, in Room C201. The Canon Hospitality Suite is open to all NAB tradeshow attendees with priority support for CPS Gold, Platinum, Cinema, and Enterprise members. Visitors to the suite, located just off of the tradeshow floor, can experience Canon’s commitment to service and support for the professional imaging community.
Visit Canon at the 2016 NAB show at Booth C4325 in the Central Hall to see first-hand the latest products, hear from the Explorers of Light and the enjoy the 8K Ride Experience. For more information on the booth and an up-to-date schedule of the speaker schedule, please visit www.usa.canon.com/NAB2016
. Follow Canon throughout the show on Instagram at @CanonUSA and Twitter at @CanonUSApro.
From Induro: The Baby Grand Induro is for those seeking the highest level of stability. Period. North White Plains, NY – April 6, 2016
– Induro today announced two new Baby Grand Induro Tripods. These no nonsense, ground level tripods incorporate a flat, modular head-mounting platform made of lightweight magnesium alloy. This platform accepts photo heads including gimbal, ball, three-way or geared and accessories like a leveling base or video bowl. These accessories are secured with a ratchet style lock lever as well as a safety catch to protect the gear. Each Baby Grand Induro tripod includes a machined aluminum top plate with hard anodizing, a removable oversized weight hook and a set screw for secure lockdown of the tripod head. Perfect for Ultra Low Angle Shots
The Baby Grand Induro Tripods are available in both a 75mm (Series 3) and a 100mm (Series 4) platform. Perfect for those ultra low angle shots, they are designed to be used with all lenses including ultra long lenses and all formats including large formats and video cameras. The ulitmate in strength and rigidity, they are ideal for macro photography and unique low angle perspectives whether you are in the studio or in the field.
Both units can be converted to video bowls. The 75mm version converts using the MVB23S accessory and the 100mm version coverts using the MVB45S accessory.
Each leg can be independently positioned at one of the three locks located on the outside of the shoulder. In addition, each leg features oversized rubber twist locks and is telescoping for adjusting the height. Quick and convenient set-up is achieved in any location.
The large rubber feet are attached to a metal ball joint for quick positioning, which can be removed for attaching the included metal spiked feet. The feet also have pre-drilled holes for securing to wooden boards or staking it to the ground. Transporting is easy with the included carrying case. Features & Benefits
- Stealth Carbon Fiber Tubes and magnesium castings – Super strong materials with amazing weight to strength ratio provide superior strength and portability.
- Shoot Low – Easily remove the weight hook and spread out the legs for low to the ground shots.
- Safety lock – The flat modular head mounting plate is held securely with a ratchet style lock combines with a spring-loaded safety catch.
- Travel Friendly – Includes a custom carrying case and is small enough to fit in any carry on size luggage.
- Small Footprint – The small footprint allows it to be used in tight spaces and on smaller surface areas.
- Mounting Options – The feet have pre-drilled holes for securing it to the ground or boards.
- Multiple independent leg positions – Each leg can be independently positioned at one of the three locks located on the outside of the shoulder. This allows you to easily set up for use on uneven terrain.
- Telescoping legs – Each leg features oversized rubber twist locks and is telescoping for adjusting the height.
has the Induro Baby Grand Carbon Fiber Tripods
available for preorder.