(via AdoramaCamera) has the Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II Lens for Canon/Nikon
available for $449.99 with free shipping. Compare at $525.00.
Use promo code SUMMERPIX
($32.00 off) at BuyDig.com
to get the WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive + Lexar 64GB USB Flash Drive
for $107.00 with free shipping. Compare at $109.99 without flash drive.
(via PhotoVideo4Less - 99.9% Positive feedback) has the Canon EOS Rebel T3 DSLR Camera
available for $224.99 with free shipping.
(via DigJungle) has the Refurbished Asus Google Nexus 7 32GB FHD Tablet
available for $159.99 with free shipping. Compare at $229.00 new.
Roger over at LensRentals
posted a public service announcement yesterday entitled "Only You can Prevent Movi Fires."
In the post, Roger explains that when the battery cables are left connected to the battery, the copper tips may come into contact with one other and cause a fire.
How common is the issue? Well, the rental house documented three fires before figuring out a solution to the problem.
And their solution is as simple as it is effective. If you own a Movi (or plan to rent one in the near future), be sure to check out Roger's post
From Think Tank Photo
: Airport Roller Derby Camera Bag
Ideal for travel, weddings and on-location assignments, our new Airport Roller Derby enables you to maneuver nimbly through crowded spaces and to minimize muscle fatigue. The four dual wheel sets (8 wheels) provide three ways to roll: upright at your side, tilt it to roll on its back wheels, or tilt it on its side wheels to roll through narrow airplane aisles.
This high-capacity carry-on camera bag's weight distribution allows for easily transporting a 15” laptop in its own dedicated pocket, along with two standard DSLRs, a tripod, and multiple lenses and strobes. Its travel-ready security features including a lock & cable and lockable zippers to tether the bag for domestic and international travel. KEY FEATURES
- Four dual wheel sets (8 wheels): Superior rolling ability and improved weight distribution provides greater stability and less fatigue on shoulder, arm, hand and wrist.
- Meets most airlines’ US domestic and international carry-on requirements.
- Fits up to a 15” laptop and a tablet in two dedicated interior pockets.
- Lock & cable to secure lockable zippers and tether the bag.
- Fits a 15” laptop, a tablet, and up to two standard DSLRs with lenses attached or one pro DSLR and one standard DSLR both with lenses attached.
- Fits six to seven standard zoom lenses or strobes. Accommodates a 400mm f/2.8 unattached.
The Airport Roller Derby features YKK RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers,1680D ballistic nylon, 420D velocity nylon, custom-designed, replaceable wheels with sealed steel bearings, rubberized laminate reinforcement, 3D air mesh, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Interior Dimensions: 12.6” W x 18.5” H x 5.5–7.5” D (32 × 47 × 14–19 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 22” H x 9.0” D (35.6 × 55.9 × 22.9 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 10.5” W x 10.3” H x 0.6” D (26.7 x 26.1 x 1.5 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 10.5” W x 14.5” H x 1.0” D (26.7 x 36.8 x 2.5 cm)
- Weight: 10.5-11 lbs (4.8–5 kg) -- Weight reflects all accessories removed while using only minimal dividers.
My 2nd Brain Briefcases
We have just released two new additions to our innovative My 2nd Brain line of carrying devices for Apple MacBooks and tablets: the My 2nd Brain Briefcase 13 and My 2nd Brain Briefcase 15. These “mobile offices” for Apple power-users stand out for their intuitive organization, providing rapid access to a 13” or 15” MacBook or Air, iPad, iPhone, and accessories. The My 2nd Brain briefcases improve the workflow of tech-focused travelers and creative professionals by keeping their second brains–their laptops and accessories–organized and their workflow clutter-free.
These lightweight, full-featured briefcases include easily identifiable dedicated clear padded pockets designed to hold the accessories most often used by serious Apple users. Their travel-ready design includes two compressible side pockets for water bottles or a compact umbrella, as well as a pass-through handle that slides over a rolling luggage handle. They come with their own rain cover, providing extra protection against the elements.
- Device-specific pockets optimized for a MacBook, iPad and iPhone as well as support accessories.
- Intuitive design for rapid access and an improved workflow.
- Seam-sealed rain cover protects valuable electronics.
- My 2nd Brain Briefcase 13”: Fits a 13” Macbook Pro or 13” MacBook Air, iPad (standard or mini), iPhone, over-ear headphones, a power brick with AC cable, portable hard drives, USB hub, USB connection cable, earbuds, monitor adapters, network cable, USB drives, pens, business cards, folders, sketchbooks and other personal items. The two compressible side pockets fit water bottles or a compact umbrella and a large sunglasses case.
- My 2nd Brain Briefcase 15”: Fits a 15” Macbook Pro, iPad (standard or mini), iPhone, over-ear headphones, a power brick with AC cable, portable hard drives, USB hub, USB connection cable, earbuds, monitor adapters, network cable, USB drives, pens, business cards, folders, sketchbook and other personal items. The two compressible side pockets fit water bottles or a compact umbrella and a large sunglasses case.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has YKK zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, silver-toned nickel-plated metal hardware, dual-cross buckle, herringbone webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, nylex lined iPhone and iPad pockets, 150D hexa mesh pockets, closed-cell antilon foam, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
My 2nd Brain Briefcase 13”
- External Dimensions: 14.2” W x 11.8” H x 4.5” D (36 x 30 x 11.5 cm)
- Front iPad Pocket: 9.9” W x 7.8” H x 0.5” D (25.2 x 19.8 x 1.3 cm)
- Main Compartment: 13” W x 10.2” H x 2.8” D (33 x 26 x 7 cm)
- Rear Laptop Compartment: 13” W x 9.8” H x 1.2” D (33 x 25 x 3 cm)
- Weight with all accessories: 2.1 lbs (0.6 kg)
My 2nd Brain Briefcase 15”
- External Dimensions: 16.5” W x 12.6 H x 4.5” D (42 x 32 x 11.5 cm)
- Front iPad Pocket: 11.4” W x 8.7” H x 0.6” D (29 x 22 x 1.5 cm)
- Main Compartment: 15” W x 11” H x 2.8” D (38 x 28 x 7 cm)
- Rear Laptop Compartment: 15” W x 10.6” H x 1.2” D (38 x 27 x 3 cm)
- Weight with all accessories: 2.4 lbs (0.7 kg)
Think Tank Photo has the Airport Roller Derby and My 2nd Brain Briefcases available for order.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo!
From Canon UK:
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 17 June 2014 – Canon today announces a new addition to its EF-M lens range with the introduction of its first dedicated telephoto zoom lens – the EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM. Designed for Canon’s Compact System Camera, the EOS M, the new EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM features Canon's signature optical performance, advanced Stepping Motor Technology (STM), a 3.5-stop optical Image Stabilizer, and provides a versatile 55-200mm focal range to help users get closer to the subjects they love Taking you closer
The EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM joins three existing lenses in the EF-M range, which together offer a diverse variety of focal lengths from 11-200mm. The perfect addition to any EOS M kit bag, the new lens opens additional creative possibilities for EOS M shooters through its suitability to capture a wide selection of scenes – from eye-catching portraits at 55mm, to wildlife at 200mm. Leading optical technologies for incredible images
Developed using the company’s unparalleled optical expertise, the EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM features Canon’s powerful optical Image Stabilizer and STM technology to deliver outstanding levels of detail when shooting stills and movies. When shooting movies specifically, STM technology ensures smooth focus transitions, as focus shifts from one subject to another. The STM mechanism also provides near-silent focusing, giving videographers the ability to shoot movie soundtracks which capture the natural ambience of the scene in front of them. Additionally, thanks to a highly-effective 3.5-stop optical Image Stabilizer, which reduces visible camera shake, users can also shoot sharp stills while using the zoom, and steady movies while capturing action. Designed to make great photography easy
Constructed of a high quality metal exterior – a trademark of the EF-M lens range – the EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM is also compact, lightweight and portable, making it ideal for everyday use. Inside the lens, an Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) element delivers outstanding image quality throughout the zoom range. Furthermore, its non-rotating front element makes it easy to maintain a consistent effect when using filters, and the full-time manual focus ring offers greater creative freedom to adjust focus during shooting. Key Features
- Get closer to the action with your EOS-M camera
- Image Stabilizer keeps images sharp
- Compact enough to go anywhere
- Smooth, near-silent STM focusing
- Make quick adjustments with a manual focus ring
- Shoot great quality images – full of sharp details and rich colour
Pricing and availability
The EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM is available from July with a SRP £329.99/€389.99.
Note: This lens has not been announced by Canon USA indicating it may not be released to the American market.
Hot Deal: eBay
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
) available for $2,574.99 with free shipping. Compare at 3,199.00 after MIR. Note:
- This appears to be a grey market item. For warranty questions, please contact the seller
test results have been added to the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 DG II HSM Lens Review
More test results for this lens are coming.