From MindShift Gear: MindShift Gear’s New SidePath Outdoor Photography Backpack Offers Rear-panel Opening for Smaller Camera Gear SANTA ROSA, CALIF
– One of the greatest challenges outdoor photographers face is how to carry their smaller, and yet still sophisticated and expensive camera gear in a backpack of sufficient quality to endure the rigors of the wilds. To meet their needs, MindShift Gear has released the SidePath, a lightweight outdoor photography backpack that features superior materials and construction.
The Sidepath’s contoured back panel with lumbar support, air-channel, lightweight harness, and adjustable sternum strap provide all day comfort. The backpack is constructed with P600D and 420D nylon, high quality YKK zippers, 420D high-density nylon with re-enforced stress points for long-lasting durability and strength.
At one-and-a half-pounds, the SidePath is a great grab-and-go bag that can be used for landscape, travel, a day out, or anything in between. Rear panel access keeps gear secure and the harness clean. A roomy zippered compartment fits a 10” tablet and all the supplies needed for a one-day adventure. ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Soft-sided design looks like a daypack and not a bulky camera bag
- Integrated tripod/monopod/trekking pole mounting system on sides
- Two oversized stretch water bottle pockets
- Fits a DSLR, compact DSLR, and Mirrorless camera systems
- Adjustable dividers enable multiple camera case configurations
- Seam-sealed rain cover included for downpour conditions
- High quality YKK zippers, 420D high-density nylon with reinforced stress points for long lasting durability and strength
- Zippered interior pocket to organize small items
- Highly breathable three-layer shoulder straps for all day comfort
- Holds 1 large (un-gripped) Mirrorless body and 1-2 standard zoom lenses or primes
- Holds 1 compact DSLR (Rebel, 3300 or 5300 series) and 1-2 lenses
- Holds 1 DSLR (5DMIII or D750) with 1 standard zoom or 2 primes
- Fits up to a 10” tablet
- 8 liters of capacity for personal gear
- Maximum lens size: DSLR: 24-70mm f/2.8 attached to a D750 or 6D
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The backpack also has high-quality YKK RC-zippers, 420D Velocity nylon, 600D poly, 320G UltraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 200D poly, high-density nylex, high-density closed-cell foam, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. SPECIFICATIONS
- External Dimensions: 10.6” W x 19” H x 5.9” D (26 x 47 x 15 cm)
- Camera Compartment: 9.1” W x 6.7” H x 5.5” D (24 x 15 x 14 cm)
- Tablet Slot: 8.3” W x 9.8” H x 0.6” D (22 x 25 x 2 cm)
- Total Volume: 14L
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (0.7 kg) (includes rain cover)
MindShift Gear’s New TrailScape is Outdoor Photographers’ “Go To” Backpack SANTA ROSA, CALIF
– MindShift Gear’s new TrailScape backpack balances outdoor photographers’ desire to have access to their essential photo gear while maintaining a slim and compact profile. The TrailScape fits a complete camera system, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 attached with hood in the shooting position. With its multiple lash points, photographers can carry extra gear, such as a light jacket and lunch. And, its laptop and tablet slots allow them to use this as their “go to” backpack while in transit.
“At MindShift, we are focused on meeting the needs of outdoor enthusiasts who are often carrying sophisticated and expensive electronics deep into the wild. What they seek are protection and comfort,” said Doug Murdoch, MindShift Gear’s CEO and Lead Designer. “The TrailScape’s removable webbing waistbelt helps stabilize the bag while active and its contoured back panel with lumbar support and robust harness provide for all day comfort.” ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Dedicated quick access smartphone/sunglasses pocket
- Tripod/monopod/hiking pole mounting system on sides
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord
- Seamless rain cover included for downpour conditions
- Side compression straps for additional lash points
- Adjustable dividers to customize the interior for DSLR or Mirrorless kit
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, cards, filters and other accessories
- Easy-grip zipper pulls for wet or cold conditions
- Organizer pockets for pens, flashlight and business cards
- Holds 1 standard-size DSLR and 4-6 standard zoom lenses
- Holds 2 large mirrorless body and 5-7 lenses plus a flash
- Maximum lens size: 300mm f/2.8
- Nikon D810 with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached to a body and the hood in the shooting position and 2-3 additional lenses
- Canon 5DMIII with 24-70mm f/2.8 attached and 4-6 additional lenses
- Sony a7mII with 70-200mm f/4 attached and 5-6 additional lenses
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus a polyurethane coating on the underside of the fabric. The backpack also features the highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK RC zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 600D poly, 320G DuraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: P200D lining, high-density nylex with stiffened backing, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread. SPECIFICATIONS
- Exterior: 9.8” W x 18.1” H x 7.1” D (25 × 46 × 18 cm)
- Interior: 9.4” W x 17.3” H x 4.8” D (24 × 44 × 12 cm)
- Laptop: 8.9” W x 14.2” H x 1.2” D (22.7 × 36 × 3 cm)
- Tablet: 8.5” W x 9.8” H x 0.8” D (21.5 × 25 × 2 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 lbs. (1.3 kg)
MindShift Gear has the SidePath
in stock with the TrailScape
Developer Steffen Gerlach has created a free program for Windows users – A Sharper Scaling
– which he claims produces better enlargements than Photoshop's bicubic interpolation.
For those that want to preserve details in large prints while cropping heavily, this might be a plausible solution.