MELVILLE, N.Y., February 17, 2015
– Artists looking to turn their passion into popular online videos or to show the world their unique perspective through social networks now have a new tool available to them that helps them tear down creative barriers and produce dynamic visual content for both still and video. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to introduce the new Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR camera, featuring an new 45-point AF system, 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for crisp images with fine detail. For the budding videographer or online video star, the camera features Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus (DAF) technology coupled with an intuitive touchscreen capability for easy focusing when shooting video.
Canon is also introducing a new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens optimized for high-speed autofocusing when shooting stills and quiet and smooth zoom when shooting video. The lens is also compatible with Canon’s new Power Zoom Adapter for smooth cinematic ‘pulls’ when changing focal length on a subject, and responsive adjustments at the push of a button for stills or video. Updated features in Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera include:
- New 45-point all cross-type AF system
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage
- Newly Developed 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 6 image processor for enhanced image quality
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, fast and accurate autofocus with video and stills
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capability for easy transfer of images and movies to compatible mobile devices
- 1080/60p Full HD video to capture brilliant results in MP4 format for easy movie sharing on select social networking sites
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor enables flexible positioning and clear viewing even outdoors
“In today’s world, where everyone is a photographer or videographer, we at Canon are looking to provide the tools and features that help creative-minded people stand out from the pack and get noticed. The right technology cannot make someone creative, but it will help bring a creative vision to life,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “The right combination of camera and lens helps those with a vision stand out and be recognized. We look forward to seeing what this new generation of passionate artists will create with these new tools.” New AF System and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
The 45-point all cross-type viewfinder AF system in the new Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera, compared to 19-points in the Canon EOS 70D DSLR camera, is now wider both horizontally and vertically for easier compositions with off-center subjects. Low light AF performance has been improved all the way down to EV-3 at the center point to achieve sharp results even in extreme low-light situations. The camera’s AI (Artificial Intelligence) Servo AF II autofocusing system utilizes color tracking with a 7,560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor that automatically detects skin tone and colors to enhance tracking sensitivity, even with moving subjects that are rapidly changing pace or direction. Enhancing the ease-of-use of the new AF system is the Canon EOS 80D’s new Intelligent Viewfinder which features approximately 100% viewfinder coverage. The full coverage helps prevent photographers from missing objects that are in the corners of the scene, which can reduce the need to crop images later on.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF employs a new Canon CMOS sensor with which all of the effective pixels are able to perform both still imaging and phase-detection AF simultaneously to achieve dramatically improved AF performance during Live View and video shooting. The Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology in the Canon EOS 80D camera features enhanced tracking sensitivity and is compatible with the full line of Canon EF Series lenses, including the new Canon EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens. High-Quality Still and Video Image Performance
Featuring a new 24.2 megapixel APS-C Canon CMOS sensor and Canon’s superb DIGIC 6 Image Processor, as well as an improved still image ISO range of 100–16000 (Video ISO range 100–12800, both expandable to 25600), the Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera is capable of producing sharp, detailed images and videos even in low-light conditions. High-speed continuous shooting up to seven frames per second (fps) combined with the 45-point all cross-type AF allows photographers to capture fast moving subjects easily and accurately, while the camera’s Scene Intelligent Auto Mode delivers optimized photos and offers outstanding scene detection for amazing results even when shooting in low light. HDR mode provides creative filter effects, such as natural, art standard, art bold, art vivid and art embossed. For added convenience, the Canon EOS 80D camera features Anti-Flicker shooting, similar to that found in the EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera. Anti-Flicker shooting produces consistently high-quality results even when shooting in areas with fluorescent lighting or other flickering light sources by detecting the flicker cycle of the light source and shooting when brightness is near its peak.
When users select the EOS Movie mode, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera offers the ability to shoot in 1080p Full HD video up to 60 fps, compared to 30 fps in the Canon EOS 70D, in MP4 format and in either ALL-I or IPB compression modes with optional embedded time code. For expanded creativity the Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera features HDR movie and Time-Lapse movie modes and Movie creative filters like fantasy, old movie, memory, dramatic monochrome and miniature. Movie Servo AF custom settings allow users to speed up or slow down focusing speeds, enhancing creativity and artistic expression. For added flexibility, the Canon EOS 80D digital SLR camera also features a built-in headphone jack, a built-in stereo microphone with manual audio level adjustment, and an additional stereo microphone jack. News Lens, Power Zoom Adapter, and Directional Stereo Microphone Enhance Video Quality
In addition to the new Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera, Canon U.S.A., Inc., is also introducing the Canon EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens, a newly designed lens with a premium exterior design that will serve as the kit lens for the new Canon EOS 80D camera.
This the first Canon lens equipped with Nano USM, a new type of focusing motor that combines the benefits of a ring USM (ultrasonic motor) for high-speed AF during still photo shooting and lead-screw type STM (stepping motor) for smooth and quiet movie AF, and improved the driving speed of the focusing lens up to 4.3x (Tele) and 2.5x (Wide) faster than the previous model. The Canon EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens also provides up to four stops of optical image stabilization. A new lens hood, the EW-73D, is included with the new lens.
To further enhance the ease-of-use when shootings movies with a Canon DLSR or Cinema EOS cameras, Canon is introducing the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1, specifically constructed to be compatible with the design of the new Canon EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens.
The Canon Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1 is the world’s first detachable zoom adapter that provides silent and smooth zoom and can adjusted incrementally to 10 different levels of zoom speed. Additionally, the PZ-E1 can be controlled remotely using the Canon Camera Connect app.
In addition to the new lens and power zoom adapter, Canon is introducing the first Canon-branded external microphone for the EOS system, the Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM-E1. This new accessory microphone will help improve sound quality while shooting video, allowing users to rotate the direction of the microphone up and down from 90 to 120 degrees depending on the shooting situation.
The DM-E1’s durable shock mount construction helps to reduce camera operation noise and lens drive sounds and is built to withstand the rigors of a variety of shooting situations. Featuring a frequency response range of 50Hz to 16kHz, the DM-E1 comes with a wind screen to help limit peripheral sound from wind and other outside factors, allowing shooters to utilize the microphone in a broad amount of shooting situations. Featuring a built-in power supply from a single “button-type” lithium cell battery, the DM-E1 also has a power indicator lamp allowing users to easily check its battery level. Availability
The Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR camera and EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens are currently scheduled to be available in March 2016 for an estimated retail price of $1,199.00 for the body only, $1,799.00 with the new EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens and $599.99 respectively.
The Canon Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1 and Directional Stereo Microphone DM-E1 are currently scheduled to be available in June 2016, for estimated retail prices of $149.99 and $249.99 respectively. Preorders:
Canon EOS 80D: B&H
| Wex Photographic
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM: B&H
| Wex Photographic
Canon PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter: B&H
| Wex Photographic
Canon DM-E1 Directional Microphone: B&H
| Wex Photographic
From Canon USA: Feb 17, 2016 – MELVILLE, N.Y.
– MELVILLE, N.Y. – Ideal for both advanced amateur and pro photographers looking for a convenient, high performance compact camera with the ability to connect to compatible digital devices, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, proudly introduces the compact PowerShot G7 X Mark II1 and lightweight PowerShot SX720 HS digital cameras.
Canon’s new PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera pairs a 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon’s new DIGIC 7 Image Processor to help reduce noise and deliver outstanding image quality, even in low light shooting situations. The PowerShot SX720HS digital camera boasts a new 40x Optical Zoom lens (equivalent to 24-960mm), providing outstanding performance, reach and resolution for everyday use and when shooting memorable family events, while easily slipping into a pocket or purse.
“In today’s world, compact cameras must work well with other devices and still offer superb quality. The PowerShot G7 X Mark II and PowerShot SX720 HS cameras both provide outstanding image quality with amazing optical zoom lenses and they easily connect with compatible phones, tablets and other smart devices so great images can be shared and enjoyed” stated Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. Sleek and Sophisticated
The first Canon camera to feature Canon’s new high—speed DIGIC 7 Image Processor,the PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera is a model of compact sophistication and speed with a high-quality sleek body and optimum comfort grip. Building on the success of Canon’s PowerShot G7 X digital camera, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera features a fast startup and improved RAW continuous shooting speed of up to eight frames per second (fps) with short intervals between shots. Additional features include:
- Bright f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24–100mm equivalent) optical zoom lens with Canon’s Intelligent Image Stabilizer (IS) and a 9-blade iris diaphragm;
- Multi-angle 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt options of 180° up and 45° down;
- Ability to capture 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound;
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communications (NFC) capability with a dedicated Wi-Fi button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos;
- Picture Style function that offers superb command of in-camera color, contrast, and sharpness;
- In-camera RAW conversion, making it possible to preview customized image processing modifications on the camera, without the use of a computer;
- Convenient control ring lever that enables users to quickly switch between stepped and continuous ring movement;
- Time-Lapse Movie feature to help capture images at preset intervals and combine them to create a short movie clip;
- Panning feature that allows the camera to lock onto the main subject using Canon’s Intelligent IS technology to automatically adjust the shutter speed for beautiful background blur.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera is currently scheduled to be available in May 2016 for an estimated retail price of $699.99. Powerful Zoom Delivers Virtually Shake-Free Images
The Canon PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera is equipped with a new powerful zoom lens and is the ideal choice for amateur photographers looking to take a step up from a smartphone or entry-level digital camera to a lightweight, compact camera. The PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera’s new 40x Optical Zoom lens (24-960mm equivalent focal length range) uses one Hi-UD, three UD and three aspheric lens elements to help achieve high image quality and high magnification, while also utilizing Canon’s Intelligent Imaging Stabilizing (IS) technology for greater optical performance.
- As the successor to Canon’s PowerShot SX710 HS digital compact camera, the PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera features increases its zoom range while maintaining compact size for maximum convenience. Additional features include:
- A dedicated Wi-Fi button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos utilizing the camera’s built-in WiFi and NFCtechnology;
- 20.3 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon’s DIGIC 6 Image Processor to help deliver outstanding image quality, even in low light;
- 1080p/60 Full HD video capture with stereo sound;
- 3.0-inch LCD (approx. 922,000 dots) to allow for easy viewing, even from a wide angle;
- Zoom Framing Assist that allows the lens to automatically zoom in or out while the camera follows subject movement and helps keep it in focus;
- Story Highlight feature that enables the camera to automatically compile images and videos from a certain day or event into a mini-highlight reel with music and effects;
- Creative Shot mode that uses composition, color and lighting from an original image to create artistic images.
Canon’s PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera is currently scheduled to be available in March 2016 for an estimated retail price of $379.99. B&H
has the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
and PowerShot SX720 HS
available for preorder.