(via RedTagCamera) has the Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera
) available for $1,099.99 with free shipping. Compare at $1,399.00 after $300.00 instant rebate. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and therefore technically ineligible for a Canon USA warranty.
Post Date: 7/2/2015 12:10:21 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Lowepro Photo Sport 12L Shoulder Bag (Purple/Gray)
available for $14.95 with free shipping. Regularly $39.95. Product Features
- Multi-use, outdoor-inspired and discreet design fits camera and personal gear offers 40% of interior space for camera gear and 60% of interior space for personal items
- Customizable and removable camera insert provides padded camera protection and versatile divider system that adjusts to fit a DSLR or CSC kit and includes a storm-flap closure and grab handles; remove insert to convert the shoulder bag into a fully functional day bag
- Flexible camera box may be positioned at front, middle or back of bag allowing you to distribute and carry weight just where you want it
- Multiple storage options provide plentiful space for all types of day gear - interior fits lunch, light jacket, 10" tablet with its protective case, sunglasses etc.; roomy exterior pocket; 2 exterior zippered pockets and 1 interior mesh zippered pocket for smartphone
- Lightweight, weather-resistant fabrics offer a comfortable, all-day carrying solution that provides protection from light moisture, dust and sand
- Roomy exterior water bottle pocket provides a convenient spot to keep hydration at hand
- Adjustable, wide-webbing shoulder strap with cam lock buckle offers a comfortable way to wear bag over shoulder or across body, high or low
Post Date: 7/2/2015 10:31:58 AM CT Posted By: Sean
results from the EOS 5Ds R
have been added to the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Review
While testing Canon's cheapest lens on their highest resolution camera may seem to be a pairing of opposites, there is a point to be made here. The 50 STM is not a great performer at f/1.8, showing a "dreamy" look to be kind. If we review a comparison between the 5Ds R and 1Ds III
with the 50 STM at its f/1.8 aperture, we see that the 5Ds R can extract more resolution from even a poor performing lens. Look at the white being more clearly delineated between the black lines in the top crop to most easily see this. Stop down to f/4
and be amazed at how well a $125 lens can perform. B&H
has the inexpensive Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Post Date: 7/2/2015 10:19:45 AM CT Posted By: Bryan
From Sigma USA:
Thank you for purchasing and using our products.
As same as the Live View mode of Canon “EOS 8000D (Rebel T6s / 760D)” and “EOS Kiss X8i (Rebel T6i / 750D)”, we have found that similar update is required for our lenses to make them compatible with the Live View mode of “EOS 5Ds” and “EOS 5Ds R” cameras.
Please note that those products shipped after May 11th in 2015 or updated the firmware for Canon “EOS 8000D (Rebel T6s / 760D)” and “EOS Kiss X8i (Rebel T6i / 750D)” cameras are already compatible with the “EOS 5Ds” and “EOS 5Ds R” cameras, too.
In case your lens belongs to the lens group listed below, please contact your nearest authorized SIGMA subsidiary or distributor to update the firmware free of charge. Phenomena
It does not display images on the rear LCD monitor when Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed. Products and Serial Numbers to be updated
The new firmware will ensure the lens is compatible with the Live View mode of EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R cameras. Current models
|17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM||No. 12651501 or later|
|18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM||No. 13044001 or later|
|APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM||No. 12713001 or later|
|APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM||No. 12902001 or later|
|120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports||No. 50064494~ 50347793|
|APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM||No. 12669751 or later|
* For lenses that have been repaired in the past, they may require the firmware update even when the serial number is not listed above.
|17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM||No. 12665001 or later|
|18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM||No. 12851001 or later|
|18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM||No. 12656101 or later|
|APO 50-150mmF2.8 EX DC OS HSM||No. 12839001 or later|
|APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM||No. 12676440 or later|
|APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM||No. 12971601 or later|
If the mentioned camera does not display images on the rear LCD monitor when Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed, it is necessary to update the firmware.
* Our DC lenses are developed for the camera bodies with APS-C image sensor, and it is not designed for the cameras with full-size and 1.3x sensors.
* There is no need to update the firmware of those products shipped after May 11th in 2015 or already updated for Canon “EOS 8000D (Rebel T6s / 760D)” and “EOS Kiss X8i (Rebel T6i / 750D)”cameras.
For those who own the SIGMA USB DOCK, it will be possible to update the firmware of 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports through SIGMA Optimization Pro. * If you use the SIGMA USB DOCK with 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports, even when the lens does not require the update, its firmware will be updated to the new version.
* For those who use APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG or APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG with the 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary / distributor of SIGMA for further support. How to identify updated products
Products that we will be shipping from now on already have the updated firmware. This can be recognized by the white sticker on lower left side of the gift box as shown below.
For further information, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary / distributor of SIGMA.
Post Date: 7/2/2015 8:50:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Through 7/6, Adorama
has the Panasonic Eneloop "AA" 2000 mAh Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (8-Pack)
available for $14.99 with free super saver shipping after $8.00 mail-in rebate
. Regularly $22.99. Product Features
- Recharge up to 2,100 times
- Ready to use after five years in storage
- Suitable for temperatures as low as -20°C
- Pre-charged by solar energy
- Nominal voltage of 1,2 V
- Rating Capacity: 2000 mAh
Post Date: 7/2/2015 8:17:09 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Post Date: 7/2/2015 7:59:53 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The previous round of Sigma rebates ended June 30. The good news is that some of the lens rebates have been extended (and in a couple of cases, actually increased).
I'm not quite sure when this new rebate period will end, but they won't likely end before the end of this month. Sigma Lens Rebates
Post Date: 7/2/2015 7:35:47 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR and AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR Lenses Dominate the Sidelines With Superior Optical and AF Tracking Performance, While New Design Reduces Weight
MELVILLE, NY – Today, Nikon Inc. announced two new super telephoto lenses, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR and AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR. These two NIKKOR lenses use the latest Nikon lens technologies to enhance autofocus (AF) tracking and optical performance, while benefitting photographers with a significant reduction in weight. Ideal for sports, action, wildlife and press events, these lenses offer photographers the ability to capture striking images from afar with brilliant clarity and sharpness.
“The new NIKKOR 500mm and 600mm f/4 lenses were developed to give photographers the advantage on the sidelines or in the field, with a lens that can keep up with the action and get the decisive shot,” said Masahiro Horie, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “By the fourth quarter or final period, users will sincerely appreciate the weight reduction of these lenses which allow for extended shooting, even into overtime.” Increased Performance, Reduced Weight
These new super telephoto NIKKOR lenses have been optimized for today's high-resolution image sensors and fast-shooting Nikon DSLR cameras. The new lens designs significantly improve AF tracking performance, helping photographers to capture images of dynamic wildlife or athletes in precise clarity, even when subjects are moving erratically, at random speeds or at the camera. Both lenses also utilize Nikon’s Electromagnetic Diaphragm, helping to maintain consistent exposure during high-speed burst shooting of fast action.
The addition of fluorite lens elements to the optical formula helps to reduce chromatic aberration, as well as decrease the overall weight of the lenses, saving nearly two pounds (lbs.) for the 500mm f/4E FL ED VR, and nearly three lbs. for the 600mm f/4E FL ED VR. For extended shooting days in the field, the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm and 600mm lenses also employ magnesium alloy construction for enhanced durability and further weight reduction.
Because the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR weighs in at just 6.8 lbs./3090 grams (vs. 8.5 lbs./3880g of its predecessor), super telephoto performance has never been so light. This premium NIKKOR lens is ideal for nature and sports photographers who are always traveling on assignment and are looking for a fast, constant aperture lens to capture photos and HD video from a distance. The combination of nimble agility, low-light capability and superior optical performance makes this lens an obvious choice for tack-sharp images of birds in flight, aircraft or other fast moving subjects when a tripod is not always an option. The optical formula of this lens combines two fluorite elements and three Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements to further reduce chromatic aberration while providing superior sharpness and color accuracy.
For long reach with superior optical performance, professional photographers should consider the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR, which provides the ultimate in fast-aperture and focal distance for challenging subjects. With a constant aperture of f/4, the new 600mm lens gives the photographer the ability to fill the frame and create dramatic separation between subject and background. With a weight of merely 8.3 lbs. /3810g (vs. 11.5 lbs./5060g of its predecessor), the lens features two fluorite lens elements and four ED elements to provide discerning photographers with unrivaled sharpness. NIKKOR Lens Technologies
Adding to a long legacy of renowned optical excellence, both lenses feature the most advanced NIKKOR lens technologies, including the addition of Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce instances of ghosting and flare; an essential feature for capturing outdoor sports or action under the lights. Both lenses also incorporate Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) technology, affording up to four stops of image stabilization*, with automatic tripod detection to counteract vibrations when mounted on a tripod. For pros shooting fast and erratic moving sports or subjects, using the SPORT VR mode will yield a more stable viewfinder image whether handholding the lens, using a monopod or even when panning.
For enhanced durability, both lenses are sealed and gasketed against the elements and have a fluorine coating on a front protective meniscus element to make it easier to remove dirt, moisture and smudges from the lens surface. For shooting from extreme distances, the new lenses are also compatible with select Nikon teleconverters** that provide photographers with the ability to autofocus up to f/8 with many Nikon professional DSLR bodies. Price and Availability
The new AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR will be available in mid-July for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $10,299.95. The AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR will be available in mid-July for the SRP $12,299.95.
B&H has the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR
and AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR
Lenses available for preorder.
Post Date: 7/2/2015 7:00:30 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: An Everyday Lens That's Anything But Ordinary: The AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens Offers Advanced Photographers Powerful Versatility MELVILLE, NY
– Today, Nikon Inc. announced the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR lens – an amazingly versatile DX-format lens that is well suited for advanced and enthusiast photographers. The NIKKOR 16-80mm features a combination of the best Nikon lens technologies, some never before seen in a Nikon DX-format lens, including Nikon’s legendary Nano Crystal Coat. The resulting lens gives a wide variety of photographers an all-purpose optic to help take their photography further and tell their story with clarity and precision.
“The NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4 is a very exciting addition to the NIKKOR DX-format lens lineup, and a new milestone in the NIKKOR legacy – it combines the most advanced optical technologies with an extremely useful focal range to capture photos and HD video,” said Masahiro Horie, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “This new lens is a great companion for Nikon’s high-performance, lightweight series of DX-format DSLR cameras.” DX-Format Versatility
Make no mistake, the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR is premium glass for those who desire a fast and highly capable wide-angle zoom lens. The lens features a popular, wide 24-120mm (FX-format equivalent) focal range, which makes it ideally suited for a variety of shooting disciplines. From wide-angle landscapes, tight portraits or for those looking for an all-in-one tool for travel, this lens does it all. The large f/2.8 - f/4 aperture lets photographers shoot in challenging light with ease, with the creative flexibility afforded by a shallow depth-of-field. Whether photographing friends’ faces or a festive plate full of local flavor, the 16-80mm’s fast aperture lets users blur the background to create that dramatic separation between subject and background that emphasizes and flatters a subject. For creative close-ups of everything from passion-projects to flowers, the lens has a very useful minimum focusing distance of merely 1.2 feet throughout the entire 5x zoom range.
To further enhance its low-light capability, the new NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4 lens also features Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization technology, which provides up to 4 stops of image stabilization*, helping to create sharp images while shooting handheld or in challenging light. As an added benefit to landscape and wildlife photographers, this lens features VR with automatic tripod detection, to counteract vibration when mounted on a tripod. Latest Optical Technologies
The new AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm F/2.8-4E ED VR boasts some of the best optical innovations from Nikon, and is the first Nikon DX-format lens to wear the gold “N” emblem, to indicate the presence of Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat. This advanced optical coating significantly reduces instances of ghosting and flare for the highest quality images. The front and rear elements also integrate a fluorine coating to make it easier to remove dirt, moisture and smudges from the lens surface. This is also the first Nikon DX lens to feature an electromagnetic diaphragm; this innovation electronically adjusts the aperture within the lens, resulting in consistent exposure during high speed shooting.
The new NIKKOR 16-80mm lens features robust construction while retaining a lightweight and compact body. The lens features four Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) elements and three aspheric elements to further combat instances of ghost, flare and chromatic aberration. The lens is constructed of 17 elements in 13 groups, and features a seven-blade diaphragm to create a circular, natural bokeh for a pleasing out of focus area of the image. For fast, accurate and quiet AF performance, the 16-80mm also features Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) technology. Price and Availability
The new Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR will be available in July for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $1,069.95. B&H
has the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens
available for preorder.
Post Date: 7/2/2015 6:50:17 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Vello Ringbox
available for $49.95 with free expedited shipping. Regularly $89.95. Product Highlights
- Diffuses Flash into Ring-Shaped Light
- Compatible with Most DSLRs and Flashes
- Attaches to Lens and Flash Head
- Collapses Down to 8"
- Magnetic Rod Setup
- Weighs 1 lb
- Zippered Carrying Bag Included
Post Date: 7/2/2015 6:40:24 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 1DX DSLR Camera
) available for $3,999.99 with free shipping. Compare at $5,299.00 after $700.00 instant savings. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty.
Post Date: 7/1/2015 2:22:14 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From MindShift Gear: MindShift Gear’s First Light Outdoor Photography Backpacks Feature Extreme Comfort, Airline Compatibility, and Big Glass Capacity SANTA ROSA, CALIF
– MindShift Gear’s First Light backpack series addresses the most pressing needs of outdoor photographers who travel and trek, especially those who carry their 200mm to 600mm “Big Glass” lenses. These high capacity backpacks come in three sizes and feature contoured, adjustable torso harnesses with 11 adjustment points for extreme comfort whether running through an airport or traversing a mountain. Designed to comply with airline carryon size requirements, First Light backpacks are built with ballistic nylon bottoms for durability, room for a laptop and personal gear, and in the two larger sizes, a dedicated pocket for hydration reservoirs.
“We heard loudly and clearly from outdoor photographers that they wanted dual-purpose backpacks they could use to transport their gear safely on airlines and also for carrying their largest lenses comfortably for hours while deep into their treks,” said MindShift Gear’s CEO and Lead Designer Doug Murdoch. “We were able to design backpacks sized to fit three different camera gear configurations that are the best made, most durable, most comfortable, and most reasonably priced in the market.” KEY FEATURES
- Dedicated 3L hydration pocket on side (30L & 40L only)
- Tablet or laptop fits into front pocket (20L & 30L = up to 15” laptop; 40L = up to 17” laptop)
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Better weight distribution for a more comfortable load enables easier all day use on the trail
- Seamless rain cover (included) doubles as a ground cloth
- When attached, rain cover allows small to medium tripods to be carried on front or side positions
- 2 front stuff pockets for travel or trail essentials; extra layers, a light jacket, headlamp, gloves, chargers
- Adjustable high-density closed-cell foam dividers for large telephoto lenses, traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Large water bottle or accessory pocket with drains and cinch cord for security
- Top zippered pocket for quick access to essentials
- Ballistic nylon bottom panel for durability in harsh environments
- Shaped aluminum torso stay for additional support
- Grab handles on 3 sides make it easy to hoist into an overhead bin, car, or trunk (2 handles on 20L)
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Shoulder straps and waist belt wrap to front for compact storage in overhead compartment
- Whistle integrated into sternum strap buckle
- Compatible with MindShift Tripod Suspension Kit, Lens Switch Case, and the filter cases
- FirstLight 20L: Holds 1 standard-size DSLR and 4–6 standard zoom lenses. Holds 2 large Mirrorless DSLRs and 5–7 lenses plus a flash. Maximum lens size: 200–400mm f/4 detached or 300 f/2.8 attached.
- FirstLight 30L: Holds 1 gripped DSLR and 4–6 standard zoom lenses, and 1 flash. Maximum lens size: 500mm f/4 lens detached or 400 f/2.8 attached.
- FirstLight 40L: Holds 2 gripped DSLRs with 6–8 standard zoom lenses and 1–2 flashes. Maximum lens size: 600mm f/4 lens detached or a 500mm f/4 attached.
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating; the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has the highest quality abrasion-resistant YKK RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high-density nylon, 1680D ballistic nylon, 210D nylon, 320G DuraStretch mesh, nylon webbing, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, belly-o mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. SPECIFICATIONS
Exterior Dimensions: 11.4” W x 18.7” H x 7” D (29 x 47.5 x 17.8 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 10.8” W x 17.5”H x 5.3” D (27.5 x 44.5 x 13.5 cm)
Front Pocket: fits up to 15” laptop
Weight: 4.4lb (1.9kg)
Exterior Dimensions: 12” W x 19” H x 8.7” D (30.5 x 48.3 x 22 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 11.2” W x 18.1”H x 7.1” D (28.5 x 46 x 18 cm)
Front Pocket: fits up to 15” laptop
Weight: 5.4 lbs (2.4 kg)
Exterior Dimensions: 13.8” W x 21.7” H x 9” D (35 x 55 x 22.9 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 13.4” W x 20” H x 7.3” D (34 x 51 x 18.5 cm)
Front Pocket: fits up to 17” laptop
Weight: 6.0 lbs (2.7 kg)
MindShift Gear has the FirstLight 20L
, FirstLight 30L
and FirstLight 40L
in stock and ready for delivery.
Post Date: 7/1/2015 12:49:43 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via Deals-All-Year, 100% Positive Feedback) has the Canon EOS 70D DSLR Camera
) available for $805.60 with free shipping. Compare at $999.00 after $200.00 instant rebate.
You may also be eligible for $16.11 in eBay Bucks with this purchase. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and therefore technically ineligible for a Canon USA warranty. However, the auction advertises that a 1-year warranty is provided by the seller and is "...same as manufacturer warranty."
Post Date: 7/1/2015 12:19:21 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Want to try out a Canon EOS 5Ds / 5Ds R to see if the benefits of a 50 MP sensor are worth the investment for your photography needs? Renting one is a good way to find out...
LensRentals now has the EOS 5Ds
and 5Ds R
in stock and available for rent.
Post Date: 7/1/2015 12:01:00 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Adobe's new Dehaze feature announced with the release of Photoshop CC 2015 and Lightroom CC 2015 will not be available to Lightroom 6 users. However, those Lightroom 6 users are not out of luck.
Prolost is offering a free Dehaze plugin for Lightroom 6.1
Dehaze for Lightroom 6.1DownloadProlost Dehaze plugin for Lightroom 6.1
A series of presets that give you intuitive, visual access to the new Dehaze control added in Lightroom 2015.1, without requiring a Creative Cloud subscription.
Post Date: 7/1/2015 11:52:19 AM CT Posted By: Sean