(via 6ave) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
) available for $2,549.99 with free shipping. Compare at $3,399.00. Note:
This is likely a grey market item and not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty. Update:
The previous auction at this price ended. However, the auction has been relisted and the links in this original post have been updated.
Just Posted: Oben BC-139 Ball Head Review
Add the Oben BC-139 to your short list. It is a great ball head with a great price.
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro Lens
available for $884.00. Compare at $1,033.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
We are proud to inform you about the official launch of our new Mountaineer tripods – Gitzo’s most popular, ‘all-purpose’ carbon tripod family.
Mountaineer tripods have been developed further to incorporate the latest Gitzo technology which increases rigidity, improves performance and ease of use for professional photographers. Stiffer legs and structure
More than ever, our priority is to ensure that Gitzo tripods allow photographers to get sharper images no matter what weight of equipment, length of lens or duration of exposure is being used: that means making them as rigid as possible.
New Mountaineer tripods are more rigid than the preceding Carbon 6X models, thanks to the newly developed, innovative Carbon eXact tubes. The new tubing optimises fiber composition for each tube size, including HM (High Modulus) carbon fiber composition (a denser fiber made up of finer individual fibers) in the narrower tubes. Carbon eXact tubes have larger diameters that strengthen the tripods even further, particularly the narrower tubes used for the lower leg sections.
The Mountaineer top spider and column lock are also redesigned for greater rigidity. Benefits of the new Mountaineer range Stiffer legs and structure
- Carbon eXact contains High Modulus carbon fiber and has larger tube diameters
- The top spider and column lock are redesigned for enhanced rigidity
- New models are significantly stiffer than predecessors and competitors
Enhanced usability and comfort
- G-lock Ultra: softer to use, protects against dust or grit
- New Ground Level Set and leg angle selectors are easier and faster to set up
B&H carries Gitzo tripods.
London, 12 February, 2014
– Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions has today released ‘Canon: A Year in Fashion’ a documentary film celebrating the integral relationship between images and fashion. The film launches today to build excitement in the run up to London Fashion Week February 2014, which Canon is the Official Sponsor of for the ninth year.
Presented by Andy Torres, the blogger from StyleScrapbook.com, the film tells the story of the relationship between photography and fashion as seen by those working behind the scenes – from photographer, filmmaker and Canon Explorer Clive Booth, photographer Tony Wellington, through to leading designer Henry Holland and Caroline Rush, CEO of the British Fashion Council. The film also features those who are just about to enter the fashion industry – the young student photographers who shot catwalk shows from the photographers’ pit for the first time in 2013.
James Leipnik, Chief of Communication, Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa, commented: “We are very proud to present the ‘Canon: A Year in Fashion’ documentary to those who share our passion for fashion and the power of image. The new film gives great insights into the creative work that goes on behind the scenes of London Fashion Week and shines a bright spotlight on talented professionals whose work we all admire; and through social media, we can now share it with a wider audience than ever before.”
As Official Imaging Partner to the British Fashion Council, Canon also has a number of exciting initiatives underway for both London Fashion Week and Vodafone London Fashion Weekend to demonstrate the role of imaging in the fashion industry.
Accredited professional photographers will once again be able to receive advice, essential maintenance services, equipment loans and help with minor repairs from a dedicated team of technicians at the Canon Professional Services (CPS) centre at Somerset House. They will also be using Canon-branded buses to travel to and from various locations around London for catwalk shows.
As part of its initiative to support fashion designers, Canon has been working with Henry Holland to project his unique designs onto screens during his catwalk show, using Canon projectors. Shoe designer Sophia Webster will be printing a window display at the Mayfair Hotel using an Océ Arizona flatbed printer while Canon also supported Phoebe English in the run up to London Fashion Week by printing her show invites, look book and projecting her film in the Canon Cinema & Presentation Space at Somerset House.
During Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, the Canon Fashion 360° Studio will once again provide visitors with the opportunity to strike their best poses and have them captured by 64 Canon EOS 100D cameras. The resulting images will then be integrated into an 8-second 360-degree film clip that can be immediately shared via social media; in September 2013, over 5,000 visitors had their poses captured by Canon in this studio.
Further highlights of Canon’s sponsorship activities in London include:
- As the Digital Showcasing Partner at London Fashion Week, Canon will be providing live screenings of catwalk shows, designer presentations and the ‘Canon: A Year in Fashion’ documentary, in the Canon Cinema & Presentation Space at Somerset House.
- The Nelson Stairway area at Somerset House will feature four striking print installations including images from fashion pro photographers Clive Booth, Tony Wellington, Jeff Moore and Ki Price, all printed on Canon imagePROGRAF large format printer devices.
- As part of the ‘Shoot like a Pro’ initiative, students from the Canon Professional Network programme will have the opportunity to shoot the catwalk at Vodafone London Fashion Weekend and enter their images into the ‘Best Shot’ competition to win a Canon kit.
- A lucky winner of the #CanonFashion competition, chosen by three fashion photographers, will enjoy the full London Fashion Week experience, including a shopping spree at Topshop with blogger Andy Torres from StyleScrapbook.com. Canon will also be giving away twenty pairs of passes to Vodafone London Fashion Weekend for 22nd February via Twitter.
London Fashion Week (14-18 February) is the biggest event on the British fashion calendar, and is closely followed by Vodafone London Fashion Weekend (20-23 February), London’s most exclusive designer shopping event. Canon is also a Principal Sponsor of Milan Fashion Week, a Key Sponsor of Paris Fashion Week, the Main Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Stockholm and the Professional Photo Partner of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Russia.
For the latest information about Canon and fashion, please see Canon’s Facebook and Twitter pages #CanonFashion.
The video can be viewed at: