Through midnight tonight Eastern Time, B&H
has the X-Rite i1Display Pro
available for $159.00 with free shipping. Regularly $249.00.
- Advanced Filter and Optical Systems
- Works On All Modern Display Technologies
- Field-Upgradeable for Future Technology
- Rotating Diffuser Arm / Tripod Mount
- Basic and Advanced Modes
- Ambient Light Measurement/Smart Control
- Flare Correct
- Intelligent Profiling for Color Accuracy
- Automatic Hardware Adjustment
Now through December 31st, when you purchase a LensRentals gift card
you will receive a bonus 10% gift card
to be applied to a future rental. For example, if you buy a $250 gift card for someone you'll automatically receive a $25 gift card for yourself. The more you give, the more you get!
Look for the "Gift Certificates" link at the bottom of the page linked above. No code is required for this promotion, it is automatically applied.
Through tomorrow, AdoramaPix
has 8 different promo codes to help you save money on great gift ideas
for friends, family and loved ones.
Promo Code Deals
|8x8 Photo Book, 10-page Hardcover for $9.99 (Reg. $19.99)||GIFTBOOK|
|7x8 Hexagon Metal Print for $10.00 (Reg. $27.00)||[N/A]|
|8x10 Photo Prints for $0.99 (Reg. $1.59)||GIFTBOOK|
|10x10 Calendars – 20% Off||GIFTCAL10|
|Canvas Prints – 20% Off||GIFTCANVAS|
|Hudson Albums – 20% Off||GIFTHUDSON|
|16x20 Poster Print for $5.99 (Reg. $11.99)||GIFTPOST|
|Custom Cards – 30% Off||GIFTCARD|
Through 2:00pm Eastern Time, B&H
has the Auray SSM-UM22 Suspension Shockmount for Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
available for $29.99 with free shipping. Regularly $99.99.
- Fits Mics with M22x1 Base
- 360° Rotating Basket
- Absorbs Vibration and Shock
- Sturdy All-Metal Construction
- Heavy-Duty Elastic Bands
- Fits Mic Stands with 5/8"-27 Thread Post
You are going to like this: Image quality
results from the Canon EOS 5Ds R
have been added to the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Review
I'm guessing that you are impressed with what you see, but the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Lens vs. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II Lens comparison
should fully convince you.
Results from the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
and Canon EOS 7D Mark II
are coming and will make many additional comparisons possible. But, this lens is certainly looking impressive from an image quality perspective!
Make the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens your Christmas present! B&H
has this lens
in stock (Nikon) and "coming soon" (Canon mount available for preorder). Adorama
only has the Sigma mount lens in stock, but at this moment is offering a free Sigma Dock
Lawrenceville, NJ – Datacolor, a global leader in color management solutions, today announced the release of Spyder5+, the next generation software expertly designed to build upon its popular color calibration tools for photographers, designers, videographers and imaging professionals.
“Spyder5 is already an amazing tool for getting the best color out of your display. With the Spyder5+ upgrade, Datacolor has added several really nice features that are an absolute no-brainer for the price,” said David Cardinal, professional photographer and Datacolor Friend with Vision. “I’ve been using the new capabilities and am really pleased with how much time they’ve saved me, as well as the additional productivity they’ve provided.”
The software upgrade is now available for all existing and new Spyder5 customers, with the option to purchase Spyder5PRO+ or Spyder5ELITE+. Spyder5+ adds unique features to the Spyder5 calibration tools by enhancing users’ digital color workflow, including:
- Automatic Room Light Switching ensures users’ monitor profile changes as the room light conditions shift, with no user interaction required
- 1-Click Calibration streamlines a user’s workflow with a single click to start the calibration without having to re-select saved settings
- Profile Management Tool gives users the ability to edit, remove, rename, locate, and activate each display profile for ultimate control and flexibility
Users who purchase the Spyder5ELITE+ upgrade will have access to all of the above features, in addition to:
- Spyder SoftProof improves “Screen-to-Output” matching with a new workflow to simulate how photos will look on any printer or device – including home printers, online or retail printers, and certain mobile/tablet devices
- Enhanced StudioMatch verifies precise monitor matching and takes the guess work out of making all connected displays look the same – including a new visual verification step that assists you by fine tuning your results
“We’re very excited to add this upgrade to our Spyder5 product line. This new software offers unique tools to ensure color management across all devices, so our customers can remain confident in their decision to choose Datacolor for their color calibration needs,” said Stefan Zrenner, Director Global Sales & Marketing Imaging, Datacolor. “With a competitive set of features, Spyder5+ is the perfect tool for creatives that rely on consistency in their work.”
New and existing Spyder5 customers wishing to purchase the Spyder5+ software add-on can find out more and buy via the Datacolor website. Upon software purchase, customers will receive a software serial number and a step-by-step guide for easy download.
For more information, please visit:
carries Datacolor Spyder5 Display Calibration
From Canon USA:
Canon U.S.A. Releases Survey Results Confirming Consumer Perceptions of Faster Service Times and Higher Tech Support Satisfaction Over Major Competitor
MELVILLE, N.Y., December 5, 2016
– Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the findings from a nationwide third-party blind survey that compared customer perceptions concerning the speed of service and quality of tech support offered by Canon and Nikon. The survey was conducted among photographers (primarily professional, semi-professional, and advanced amateur) in November 2016 and found that customers perceive Canon’s service times to be faster than Nikon’s and that customer satisfaction with tech support is higher for Canon than it is for Nikon.
“Our customers need service they can count on,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, President and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “We are very proud of our achievements in delivering world-class service and support. By making customer service an integral part of our business model, we are positioned to meet and exceed the changing needs and expectations of our customers.”
Key Survey Findings
- Ultra-Fast Service: 76.9 percent of Canon customers who have had a service experience in the last 18 months indicated that the speed of their service was either ultra-fast or fast compared to 64.7 percent for Nikon.
- Support Matters: 90.4 percent of Canon customers indicated that they were completely satisfied or satisfied with the technical support they received, as compared to 73.7 percent of Nikon's customers.
Canon has made significant investments in service and support programs and operations, starting with the opening of their first call center in Chesapeake, VA in 1995. The Company prides itself on providing 100 percent in-house U.S. technical support. When it comes to call center operations, keeping all tech support calls in-house allows the Company to tightly control the quality and depth of the tech support provided. Canon maintains full control of its customers’ repair transactions, unlike other industry players that may rely on local third-party service providers to augment their service processing. This is a key differentiator for Canon and is one of the factors that allows the brand to control quick turn-around times and quality service.
About the Ultra-Fast Canon Service & Support Team
- Support Across the Country: Canon’s Service & Support Network spans from the East to the West Coast (reaching as far as Honolulu, HI) with 10 locations totaling more than 300,000 square feet of space devoted to serving customers. Canon has two call center locations – in Virginia and New Mexico – which boast an average wait time of only 78 seconds to talk to a live tech support representative. There are also three locations in key metropolitan areas that specifically cater to professional customers, in addition to four factory service locations that serve all customers. Canon also has a Customer Care Center, which offers a service drop-off point at its corporate headquarters located in Melville, NY. In the spring of 2017, the Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center will relocate to Burbank, CA. In this new location, Canon service and support will be enhanced even further to assist the growing number of professional filmmakers and broadcast production clients in Southern California.
- It’s More Than Just Support: The Canon Experience Center located in Costa Mesa, CA, not only offers service, but is also home to Live Learning workshops and seminars that provide opportunities to learn the latest photography, video, and printing techniques. Additionally, both the Costa Mesa and Lyndhurst, NJ, locations house product showrooms where customers can explore the latest Canon products.
- 100 Percent U.S.-Based Team: Canon provides 100 percent U.S.-based tech support that is completely in-house staffed with over 600 “all Canon” employees. Canon’s combined nationwide service and support network is comprised of over 1,100 expert service and support team members who maintain full control of service quality and speed of repair transactions.
In addition to announcing the results of this survey, Canon has also launched a new digital advertising campaign that highlights the Company’s knowledgeable tech support staff and efficient service times that average 2.82 days (1.59 days for Canon Professional Services (CPS) Platinum members)1.
About the Survey
A blind survey was conducted between the dates of November 17-22, 2016, resulting in over 2,300 responses from photographers, primarily professional, semi-professional and advanced amateurs. The methodology and results were validated by a third-party expert, Dr. William Bleuel, Ph.D.