has the recently announced Tascam DR-70D DSLR 4-Channel Audio Recorder
in stock with free overnight shipping. Features:
- Two built-in microphones
- 4 XLR/TRS combo jacks allow a wide range of setups
- Built-in mixer with 4 inputs and 2 outputs
- High audio quality through HDDA microphone preamps
- Compact and tough design
- Camera input and output
- Slate tone generator for easy alignment with video files
Image quality, vignetting, flare and distortion test results along with specs, measurements and standard product images have been added to the Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens Review
page. Canon EF-M lenses
are compatible only with the compact Canon EOS M
MILCs (Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras). The results from the 11-22 are very good – this lens will be a great addition to any "M" kit.
Please note: Like the T5i
, the EOS M has image sharpness set higher in-camera. Even though the EF-M lens test results shown use our standard sharpness setting of "1", you will see the sharpness difference when comparing against EOS 60D-based lens test results. The increased sharpness comes directly at the expense of increased high ISO noise. Still, this is a good lens.
Canon USA is not currently importing this lens. My suggestion is to order your EF-M 11-22mm IS STM Lens
Special thanks to John S for loaning us this lens!
Through November 8, use coupon code PXHBOOKS14
to save 30%
on premium quality, lay-flat custom photo books
The Canon Store
has the Refurbished PowerShot SX280 HS Digital Camera
available for $80.00 off
– now only $149.99 with free shipping. Regularly $229.99.
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 1DX DSLR Camera
) available for $5,039.99 with free shipping. Compare at $5,999.00 after $800.00 mail-in rebate
This is likely a grey market item and not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty.
Paying the regular/full $25 price to hear Art Wolfe's wisdom and insights sounds like a great deal to me, but we have been provided with coupon code that reduces the price of Art's upcoming Composition, Technique and Impact
webinar to an amazing you-can't-afford-to-miss-this price of only $7.00 (with this site still receiving support from your signup).
On Nov 3rd at 9:00 PM Eastern (6:00 PM Pacific), Art will present live on the following topics:
- How to capture more compelling compositions
- How to improve your technique
- 5 ways to shoot with more impact
- Questions and Answers
- Photo Review of 20 Submissions
To take advantage of this educational opportunity and great deal, navigate to PhotographyWebinars.com
(using this link or the one from above) and use coupon code thedigitalpicture
. The site includes a warning indicating that "Space is limited and these LIVE trainings always fill up, so RSVP today to reserve your spot." I signed up, and there seem to be just a few spots left.
Octagonal softboxes are great for portraits, fashion and beauty shots, as they create an appealing round catch light in the subject's eyes.
A new octa softbox has now been added to Profoto's extensive line of RFi Softboxes. The new 4' Octa fills in the gap in between the 3' Octa and the 5' Octa.
The new octa is not too small and not too large. It is just perfect. Benefits of Profoto's RFi Softboxes
- 13 unique models in four shapes.
- Compatible with over 20 flash brands, thanks to our speedring adaptors.
- Deeper shape and recessed front for more precise control.
- Double-layered diffusers and a highly reflective silver interior.
- Optional Softgrid available for even more precise light shaping.
- Color-coded speedrings and Velcro attachments result in hassle-free assembly and disassembly.
- Designed to withstand years of professional use.
carries the Profoto RFi 4' Octa Softbox
and other RFi Softboxes and accessories
is featuring the Refurbished Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablet
as a Gold Box Deal of the Day
and is only $119.00 for the 16GB version or $149.00 for the 32GB one.
As we rolled back the clocks this weekend, did you remember to adjust the one in your camera(s)? If not, here's a gentle reminder!
And if you want all your cameras' times to be synchronized perfectly, check out this post
I made back in September.