From Canon USA: Once-Every-Five-Year Exhibition Brings Together Powerful Products, Cutting-Edge Technology and Inspirational Ideas NEW YORK, September 9, 2015
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today commences its Canon EXPO 2015 New York, an imaging showcase galvanized by the visionary experience of New York and inspiring visitors to see impossible by providing a peek into the Company's vision for the future. This once-every-five-year event offers attendees the rare chance to see and experience the incredible breadth of Canon's imaging technology, as well as a glimpse into future products, solutions and services that will transform the way customers live, work and share experiences.
"Throughout history, from roll film to digital cameras, wooden printing presses to inkjet technology, creators have relied on technology to discover new worlds and further the progress of mankind. When we embark on new adventures, we explore uncharted territories, choosing to see what's never been seen, and doing what has never been done," said Joe Adachi, chairman and CEO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "As today's creators explore their world, continuing to dream and discover, Canon will be there for the journey, ready at the helm to provide the right technology to see impossible."
Capturing the vibrant energy of New York City, Canon EXPO 2015 is an invitation-only event featuring more than 100,000 square feet of exhibition space at the Jacob K. Javits Center in Manhattan with stops in Paris and Tokyo in 2015 and Shanghai in 2016. Leading industry experts, award-winning photographers and film directors and business trailblazers will provide insight on the ways technology is changing the landscape and what innovations they see on the horizon.
New for 2015, Canon EXPO website will offer remote and ongoing access to those not attending the event in-person. Additionally, news, updates and video content will continue to be added after the exhibition, delivering an expanded inside look at Canon EXPO 2015 New York for people across the globe.
The exhibition will be divided into zones demonstrating the theme of Canon See Impossible and modeled after notable New York City landmarks and scenery, each highlighting a different portion of the Canon experience, beginning with a central hub: Modeled after a National Historic Landmark, this area will provide guests with a better understanding of the Company's corporate philosophy, Kyosei, a pledge to work towards harmonizing environmental commitment and economic interests in all business activities. Encapsulating the picturesque landscape of a famous New York City park, visitors will see how this mission drives Canon's active sustainability programs, incorporating recyclable materials into products and promoting cleaner processes throughout the Company.
Continuing this innovation journey, visitors can enter EXPO Zones including: Imaging Journey - See Progressive Technology
New York is a top tourist destination, and this area offers a captivating museum of New York scenery, beginning with an airport gate overlooking a jet on a tarmac. Guests will climb a ramp that puts them at the top of a skyscraper before going to a room that offers a 360-degree display that thrusts them into a pulsating experience with a unique sense of movement while standing still. From immersive experiences to security solutions and surveillance technologies, this zone will impress even the most seasoned tourists. Stadium - See Winning Imagery
Upon stepping into Canon's own baseball stadium, visitors become professional sports broadcasters. Entering through the stadium tunnel and onto the field, attendees will have the opportunity to capture in-action photos from the dugout and up on the mezzanine through a variety of camera bodies and lenses. Guests will have the opportunity to jump in a production truck, get behind the broadcast cameras and capture the game live for fans at home. University - See Canon's Future
Canon helps drive innovation through powerful university, hospital and industry partnerships. In the center of the space, Canon will demonstrate medical innovations that help healthcare professionals diagnose patients. In another section, visitors will experience new sensor technologies in addition to a pioneering telescope project* that will allow astronomers to see further into the galaxy than ever before. Film Production - See Creative Storytelling
In this zone, visitors will step into a replica of a soundstage in Red Hook, Brooklyn, where filmmakers and producers use Canon products to bring their visions to life as motion picture masterpieces. Entering through the soundstage doors, visitors will be immersed in a true film production experience, featuring numerous cameras and lenses in action, including the new 8K camera system* - the definition of high-image quality. As visitors walk through the zone, they will witness the advancement of picture quality over the last few decades and experience the powerful storytelling tools used by professional cinematographers, videographers, photographers, broadcasters and networks. Advanced Industry Solutions - See Innovative Manufacturing
Modeled in the shape of a 20th Century Brooklyn factory, this innovation center brings visitors into an integrated workspace for hands-on experiences with Canon's MREAL System for mixed reality, advanced printing and other tools that inspire creative and expand workflow capabilities. Designed to showcase workflow advancements for the production and technical industries, visitors will get a glimpse into how Canon is helping to make business more efficient through intelligent automation, collaborative endeavors and universal precision. Enterprise - See Empowered Business
Showcasing universal technologies and services to empower businesses large and small, this EXPO zone will highlight innovations to help optimize business processes and drive business growth. Visitors will begin their journey at the Brooklyn Bridge, leading them from Manhattan's bustling Wall Street into the dynamic neighborhood of smaller business across the way in Brooklyn. As they walk the landscape from one end to the other, guests will experience a wide variety of never-before-seen Canon enterprise technology, including Canon's new Rich Collaboration System, an innovative communication platform under development, to empower tomorrow's businesses to work more effectively by connecting offices together virtually to enhance communication. Also, visitors will witness Canon innovations that can provide enhanced document security, business intelligence and workflow solutions. Home - See Immersive Home Interaction
Demonstrating the future of sharing family moments, this zone will allow visitors to experience modern home solutions for the always-connected generation. This inviting neighborhood apartment will present photos and videos projected via platform technologies and include an activity room with an interactive platform to bring projects to life for both home and office. A can't miss highlight is the new Intelligent Imaging for Life System*, designed to provide an engaging visual experience that lets customers display, interact, organize, and print images directly from cameras and the Connect Station CS100 device. Professional Printing - See Inspired Printing
Exposing visitors to a bookcase of hard- and soft-cover picture books, this gallery of stunning, detailed prints and lifelike textures will showcase a wide range of innovative printing solutions. From large and small, high-speed to high-quality, production printing to large format and all other variables in between, visitors will experience live printing processes for a variety of uses including commercial printers and book publishers. An anticipated highlight of this zone is the first public debut of the Océ VarioPrint i300, one of the first-of-its-kind digital high-speed, sheetfed inkjet press designed to help accelerate the printing industry's transition from offset to high-volume digital output. Medical and Wellness Center - See Innovative Healthcare
Demonstrating advanced imaging systems, document management and diagnostic tools, this zone will provide hands-on access to the technology and services Canon provides to a broad range of medical professionals. Following check-in at reception, visitors can view demonstrations of select eye care products. Continuing through the exhibit, visitors will also see a range of medical imaging systems, including radiology and mammography products. Customer Experience - See Service Excellence
Reflecting the iconography and systematic prowess of a famous New York City train station this zone allows visitors to experience the full breadth of Canon's comprehensive service and support capabilities. Agents will answer real-time customer support questions, including guiding customers through live video calls. This zone will also include a Live Learning stage where training sessions will take place throughout EXPO, offering valuable tutorials and insightful speakers. By walking through the archway of this zone, visitors can also see innovative service from Canon Professional Imaging Services, Healthcare Support Services and Professional Business Services.
For more information please visit: www.expo.usa.canon.com
From Lowepro: DroneGuard CS 400
The DroneGuard 400 case fits the depth and form factor of the DJI Phantom, 3DR Solo and similar sized drones, quadcopters and flying cameras with all accessories. DroneGuard CS 300
The DroneGuard 300 case fits the depth and form factor of the Parrot Bebop, FPV 250 racing drones and similar sized quadcopters and flying cameras with all accessories.
DroneGuard CS 400 & 300 Features:
- The perfect, out-of-the-box solutions for carrying, organizing, storing and protecting your drone gear and all essentials.
- Designed by serious quadcopter pilots at Lowepro for serious quadcopter pilots.
- FormShell technology with lightweight, yet sturdy composite-shell construction offers superior protection for gear without adding weight or bulk.
- A lightly padded backpad includes attachable backpad straps. Use for treks out to your flying location, or detach and pack away for less bulk or for long-distance travel.
- Patent-pending DroneGuard system of organization features flexible dividers and compartments for all large and small accessories.
- DroneGuard system is easy to customize. Change your flight plan; change your set-up!
- Includes dedicated storage for blades, props, GoPro or other action video camera, batteries, cables, chargers, mounts, manuals, etc.
- Handled and removable storage panel with accessory straps helps to keep small and fragile parts secure and neatly organized. Easy to grab, go and fly.
- Exclusive, tactical "fractal camo" print on top of case for a rugged and unique aesthetic.
- Sturdy grab handle.
- Ideal for storing in a trunk of car for transport or in garage, closet or workshop for an organized storage option.
The DroneGuard Kit is more than a simple carrying case for drones, The DroneGuard Kit is an inventive system of dividers that helps manage all quadcopter and action video camera gear. It's designed to complement the X-shape of today's most popular drones and safely organize all accessories. Unique and highly functional, this kit goes beyond the “pick-and-pluck” systems of the competition and offers users a perfect, out-of-the-box solution.
DroneGuard Kit Features:
- Keep all parts of a drone kit organized, neat and within easy reach
- The modular design may be configured for multiple uses and scenarios
- Protective and supporting dividers keep all parts tightly arranged and provide extra security for fragile gimbal-and-drone set-up
- Rigid and protective tray with honeycomb interior, plus comfortable carry straps
- Detachable Battery Box includes 4 padded and removable dividers
- Hook/loop attachment system with Velex for easy configuration
- Built to fit and organize all your drone/quad components, including cameras, transmitters, cords, tools, spare parts, manuals, etc.
- Lightweight and portable design keeps all equipment safe and within each for storage, transport, set-up and use on location – place it in car or larger bag for travel
- Includes modular components for flexible use and easy customization: Battery Box with 4 dividers and outer loops, Sidewalls with pockets, plus Transmitter Divider
- Built to secure and protect gear with retention straps, elastic loop system, rigid base, padded and adjustable dividers and durable materials that resist moisture and abrasion
carries the Lowepro DroneGuard series
From Think Tank Photo: Think Tank Photo Releases Leather-Accented Versions of Its Popular Retrospective Photography Shoulder Bags
Expanding on the success of our renowned Retrospective photography shoulder bag line, we have released the Retrospective 5 Leather, Retrospective 7 Leather, and Retrospective 30 Leather. These upscale, rugged shoulder bags maintain the Retrospective’s casual, form-fitting design. A new Dual Cross buckle on the front flap provides an extra measure of security.
The new shoulder bags are designed to hold tablets and laptops in dedicated zipper pockets. The Retrospective Leather 5 holds an 8” tablet; the Retrospective Leather 7 holds a 10” tablet or 11” laptop; and, the Retrospective Leather 30 holds a 10” tablet or 11” laptop. ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- Hook-and-loop “Sound Silencers” eliminate the noise of front flap hook and loop
- High quality YKK zippers, metal hardware, leather accents, premium build
- Adjustable cushioned nonslip shoulder strap for all day comfort
- Easily accessible front organizer with key tether
- Stiffened, padded removable dividers
- Inner zippered pocket for important documents
- Removable carrying handle for grab and go convenience
- Business card slot under the front flap for identification
- Webbing attachment points to accommodate modular pouches or a carabineer
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
Retrospective Leather 5
- 1 standard size DSLR with 1–3 lenses and accessories
- A complete mirrorless camera system with 3–6 lenses and accessories
- 8” tablet fits in rear zippered pocket
- Examples: 5DMIII with 50mm f/1.8 attached, 24-70mm f.2.8, iPad Mini Sony a7MII with 24–70mm f/4 attached, 16-35mm f/4, 55mm f/1.8, iPad Mini
Retrospective Leather 7
- 1 standard-size DSLR with 2-3 lenses and accessories
- 10” tablet /11” laptop fits in rear zippered pocket
- Examples: Accommodates a Nikon D700 w/ 24-70 f/2.8 attached, 70-200 f/2.8 detached + SB-900 Speedlight 5D MIII, 24–70 attached, 70–200 unattached, flash, iPad or 11” MacBook Air
Retrospective Leather 30
- 1 gripped DSLR with standard zoom lens attached and 1-3 additional lenses, including a 70–200mm f/2.8
- 2 gripped DSLRs (bodies only) in front pockets and 2-4 lenses in main compartment, including a 70–200mm f/2.8
- 10” tablet /11” laptop fits in rear zippered pocket
- Examples: 2 Canon 1DXs, 70-200mm f/2.8 unattached, 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, 16–35mm f/2.8 or wide angle, iPad, 2 Nikon D4s, 70-200mm f/2.8 unattached, 24–70mm f/2.8 attached, 14-24mm f/2.8 or wide angle, 11” MacBook Air
Exterior: All fabric exterior treated with durable water resistant coating while fabric underside is coated with polyurethane for water resistance, full-grain Dakota leather, sand-washed 100% cotton canvas, antique plated metal hardware, high quality YKK zippers, polyspun & nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed Velex liner and dividers, closed-cell foam and reinforced PE board dividers, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, nylon binding, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. SPECIFICATIONS
Retrospective Leather 5
Internal Dimensions: 9.5” W x 7.8” H x 4.5” D (24 x 19.5 x 11.5 cm)
Exterior Dimensions: 10” W x 8.5” H x 6.3” D (25.5 x 21.5 x 16 cm)
8” tablet compartment: 8.9” W x 6.5” H x 0.7” D (22.5 x 16.5 x 1.8 cm)
Weight: 2.3 lbs (1.0 kg)
Retrospective Leather 7
Internal Dimensions: 12.5” W x 8.8” H x 5” D (31.8 × 22.4 × 12.7 cm)
Exterior Dimensions: 13.5” W x 9.5” H x 7” D (34.3 × 24.1 × 17.8 cm)
Laptop compartment: 11.8” W x 8.2” H x 0.7” D (30 × 20.8 × 1.8 cm)
Weight: 3.0 lbs (1.4 kg)
Retrospective Leather 30
Internal Dimensions: 15” W x 9.5” H x 6” D (38 x 24 x 15.2 cm)
Exterior Dimensions: 16” W x 10.5” H x 7.5” D (40.6 x 26.7 x 19 cm)
Laptop compartment: 13.4” W x 8.7” H x 0.7” D (34 x 22 x 1.8 cm)
Weight: 3.8 lbs (1.7 kg) Think Tank Photo
has the Leather Retrospetive Shoulder Bags
available for purchase.
And don't forget: as a reader of our site, receive a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at thinktankphoto.com
Thank you for using Canon products. Details
Firmware Version 1.0.5 incorporates the following fixes:
- Improves AF accuracy when used in combination with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM lens or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the “Peripheral illumination correction” is applied inconsistently.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, while performing an EF lens firmware update, the progress bar displayed on the LCD monitor may freeze at 100% even though the update has been completed.
- Fixes a processing error in relation to the leap second for the “Geotag information appended to image” and “Log data” GPS functions.
- Fixes a phenomenon, where at the time of shooting in very rare cases “Err 70” occurs, or the shutter does not release.
Firmware Version 1.0.5 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.4 If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.5, it is not necessary to update the firmware. SupportDownload Firmware Version 1.0.5 for the EOS 7D Mark II.
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon EOS 7D Mark II. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc Update:
As of this morning, firmware version 1.0.5 isn't yet available on Canon USA's website. However, it can be found on Canon UK's 7D II Product Page