— Industry leaders SKB Cases and Think Tank Photo have teamed up to develop a high-quality line of Photo and Video hardshell cases that provide the ultimate in protection, versatility, and convenience for today’s globetrotting photographers and videographers.
The co-branded line of Flyer Series Cases are designed around SKB’s virtually indestructible waterproof iSeries hardshell cases, and feature premium interiors designed by Think Tank Photo, the world’s premier manufacturer of photo and video soft cases and backpacks. These exclusive interiors boast durable, fully customizable divider options for camera/video equipment and accessories, and also include new innovations like robust lid organizers, a wrap- around hard case cover with shoulder strap, a unique zippered pull-out divider case, and a backpack specifically designed to fit the SKB rolling carry-on case (3i-2011-7B). Flyer Series Cases will be available in four popular sizes, including two carry-on sized options ideal for DSLR or Mirrorless cameras, a rolling carry-on size, and a checkable case for larger video gear.
“To design the best interiors for photographers and videographers, we turned to the best: Think Tank Photo designs components that are second to none,” explains Jerry Andreas, Sr. Vice President at SKB Corporation. “Together with their industry-leading expertise and our proven, travel-tough iSeries cases, we’ve developed an unparalleled solution; I’m confident that our new Flyer Series will be extremely popular.”
SKB’s Flyer Series Cases will start shipping in December 2016, and will be available exclusively from SKB Cases through SKB dealers worldwide.
has the SKB cases with Think Tank Photo interiors
available for preorder.
Just posted: Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Lens Review
The G2 is a more substantial upgrade than I expected to see in a lens updating an only-3-year-old lens. B&H
has the Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Lens
has the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV + EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens Kit
in stock with free expedited shipping. Note: Amazon
have the kit in stock as well.
–The power of 10,000 creative people is in full force today at Adobe MAX 2016, the world’s leading creativity conference. Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) will showcase next-generation Creative Cloud innovation, including a new breed of applications in experience design, photography and 3D compositing, as well as exciting developments brewing in the company’s research labs. Adobe is also announcing Adobe Sensei, a new framework and set of intelligent services spanning the entire Adobe Cloud Platform, aimed at dramatically improving how customers design and deliver digital experiences. Adobe MAX will feature keynotes from inspirational creative leaders, including filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, fashion designer Zac Posen and photographer Lynsey Addario. To view the keynotes on Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 9:30 a.m. PDT and Thursday, Nov. 3 at 10:00 a.m. PDT via a live stream, visit: http://www.adobe.com/go/maxkeynote.
“Adobe MAX is where the creative community comes together to see the latest in Creative Cloud innovation and be inspired by the world’s best creative minds,” said Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe. “This year, we’ll be showcasing amazing breakthroughs in experience design, photography, virtual reality, character animation and 3D compositing.”
Adobe Showcases Innovation Coming to Creative Cloud
Advances in Adobe Stock
- A new Mac release of Adobe Experience Design CC (XD), the first all-in-one tool for designing, prototyping and sharing user experiences for website and mobile apps, is now available with two highly anticipated features - Layers and Symbols support. First made popular in Adobe’s flagship design tools Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC, XD reimagines Layers and Symbols to address the specific needs of user experience (UX) designers. Designers using XD can now easily share prototypes and get feedback in real-time. At MAX, Adobe will give a sneak peek at new capabilities that enable real-time collaboration including co-editing of documents, visual versioning and Creative Cloud Libraries enhancements. This innovation helps individuals and enterprises keep pace with the surging demand for high-quality content.
- Project Felix is an industry-first design tool that enables graphic designers to easily create high-quality, photo-realistic images by combining 2D and 3D assets for projects such as product shot comps, scene visualization and abstract design. Users have in-app access to 3D models, materials and lights from Adobe Stock as well as the ability to customize specific properties like materials, perfect lighting and adjust camera angles. Real-time rendering allows users to preview work while editing and before exporting to Photoshop to complete their design.
- For filmmakers, advancements in virtual reality, character animation and 3D across Adobe’s video tools set the stage for the future of video. The next release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC includes auto-aware virtual reality (VR) that seamlessly detects and applies the correct setting to stereoscopic and monoscopic media. First introduced at IBC, updates to Premiere Pro, After Effects CC and Prelude CC will also include a Beta of Team Projects that allows teams and enterprise customers to co-edit and collaborate on Creative Cloud projects. Adobe is also releasing a new Cinema 4D renderer in After Effects that will speed up efficiency and quality of 3D content generation. In addition, a new Social Publishing Panel (Beta) in Premiere Pro is powered by Adobe Marketing Cloud technology and enables quick exporting of videos to social channels, as well as data analysis of video content.
- Adobe Sensei is a framework and set of intelligent services built into the Adobe Cloud Platform that leverages Adobe’s massive volume of content and data assets to enable customers to work faster and smarter. For creatives, Adobe Sensei automates mundane tasks, allowing them to spend more time on inspiration and design. Adobe has leveraged machine learning and AI for many years within its creative applications enabling capabilities like Facial Recognition, Content-Aware technologies and Camera Shake Reduction. New Creative Cloud features that leverage Adobe Sensei include Adobe Stock Visual Search, and Match Font and Face-Aware Liquify in Photoshop. For more information on Adobe Sensei see separate press release.
Adobe Stock is evolving the way people market and sell their work to peers. At MAX, Adobe announced a partnership with Reuters, the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, to bring Reuters video and photography to Adobe Stock’s new editorial collection. Available through Adobe Creative Cloud, creatives will be able to access Reuters editorial content including:
- Reuters photos covering news, sports and entertainment events with thousands of images added every day and over twelve million images in the archive
- Reuters video footage covering all major events across the globe, including the unique Reuters archive library of historical news footage featuring over a million news clips
Released as a beta in September 2016, the Adobe Stock Contributor site is now available at MAX and allows users to sell their creative work to the world’s largest creative community from within Creative Cloud. The expanded Adobe Stock service now offers more than 60 million royalty-free, high-quality photos, videos, illustrations, graphics and 3D models, as well as the addition of templates, a new asset type designed to help users kick-start new projects. Adobe Stock also leverages machine learning to dramatically improve search and contributor workflows, including a new auto-keyword feature (Beta), that save time by automatically generating the first five keywords of each image based on keywords from successful similar images.
Adobe is also introducing a new way to find, purchase and manage individual fonts from premier foundries including Frere-Jones Type, Type Network/Font Bureau and Émigré with the new Adobe Typekit marketplace. Complementing the Typekit subscription included in the Creative Cloud membership, Typekit marketplace will integrate across Creative Cloud tools to nearly double the number of individual fonts available for use. Businesses and consumers can use Typekit marketplace to more easily find and purchase fonts for professional or personal design projects, including websites, marketing materials, invitations and more.
Creative Cloud Applications Receive Major Updates
Updates to Creative Cloud include new offerings and functionality that enhance collaboration, learning and discoverability to help users deliver their best work faster. Key updates include a modern new interface and fast, flexible coding engine in Dreamweaver CC and a new Photoshop universal search bar that allows users to quickly search tools, panels, menus, Adobe Stock assets, help content and tutorials. Adobe Spark allows anyone to easily create and share stunning content and Creative Cloud paid members now have access to exclusive features in Adobe Spark. Adobe is also bringing its popular mobile applications Photoshop Sketch, Adobe Comp CC and Photoshop Fix to Android with this release.
Pricing and Availability
- For the latest updates to Photoshop CC, Photoshop Sketch, Photoshop Fix and Photoshop Mix, and an introduction to Project Felix, click here.
- For graphic designers, updates to Illustrator CC and InDesign CC can be found here.
- For web designers, updates to Dreamweaver CC and Animate CC.
- For filmmakers, a comprehensive view of the latest video and audio tools news can be found here. In addition, updates to Character Animator (Beta) and Audition CC.
- For more information on the Adobe Photoshop Sketch update introducing Photoshop brushes from designer Kyle Webster, click here.
- For more information on State of Create: 2016, a global survey from Adobe that found investing in creativity pays off with tangible benefits – from higher income to greater national competitiveness and productivity.
Updates to Creative Cloud desktop software will ship to Creative Cloud members before the end of the year. Membership plans are available for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. Adobe’s new and updated mobile apps are available for free download from Apple App Store and Google Play now. When adding Adobe Stock to any paid yearly Creative Cloud membership plan, creatives can save up to 40 percent over purchasing stock content separately.
carries the Adobe Photography Plan
From the Freely Vimeo Channel:
A little over 3 years ago Freefly released the original MoVI. It was the first digital handheld stabilizer, and changed the way films are created.
3 years and thousands of shots later, the team at Freefly is unleashing the MoVI Pro. We believe its the most versatile, adaptable, and high performance camera movement system ever created.
We’ve stripped everything down to basics, analyzed the problem statement from first principles, and then tried to solve it with the fewest number of parts.
We can't wait to see what you will create with MoVI Pro. B&H
carries MoVI products
but does not have the MoVI Pro product page available just yet.
From Canon: TOKYO, November 2, 2016
— Canon Inc. announced today that the Company’s Powershot G5 X premium digital compact camera was recognized for design excellence by the Hong Kong Design Centre,* winning a DFA Design for Asia Awards Bronze Award.
The Powershot G5 X is equipped with a 1.0 inch large-format CMOS sensor and a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF). The award-winning compact camera offers intuitive controls afforded by such design features as multiple dials enabling the selection of a range of shooting settings and an electronic dial on the front of the camera.
Canon has submitted entries to the DFA Design for Asia Awards since 2013 and, since that time, has been awarded one Silver Award, three Bronze Awards, and one Merit Award for such products as Cinema EOS System professional cinematography equipment, video camcorders, cameras and interchangeable lenses. Encouraged by this latest industry recognition, Canon will continue striving to create products that combine the highest levels of performance and design excellence. B&H
carries the Canon Powershot G5 X
According to the Egami Blog
, Canon has filed a patent for a variable optical low-pass filter (OLPF) which uses the auto exposure (AE) sensor for determining the strength of the effect.
- Published 2016.9.29
- Submitted 2015.3.17
- Performing object recognition using an image sensor AE sensor
- Using a variable OLPF for false color reduction
- Image quality decreases when focus deviation occurs is generated by the temperature, is detected object recognition is erroneous
- It suppresses the effect of the variable OLPF according to the temperature, suppressing the influence of the deterioration in image quality