From MindShift Gear:
MindShift Gear announces the release of the first case designed for quick access to round, square, and rectangular camera lens filters, the Filter Hive. The Filter Hive solves organizational and functional problems of conservation, landscape, outdoor action, and wildlife photographers who need quick access to filters of different shapes. The filter case resembles a bee hive with padded, felt-lined slots that protect delicate glass and resin filters.
The Filter Hive’s padded exterior case and accordion-style removable insert holds up to six flat graduated neutral density filters up to 4x6” (100x150mm) and six round filters up to 82mm diameter, including the thick 1.5cm variable neutral density filters. It is belt mountable and will attach to MindShift Gear’s rotation180° Panorama and rotation180° Professional backpacks. Its grab handle with
SR buckle allows it to be hung from a tripod for quick access. Its color coded organization allows filters to be located quickly. It has a front zippered pocket for quick access to a lens cloth and its YKK zipper keeps out dust, moisture and debris. MATERIALS
- Exterior: All fabric exterior treated with a durable water resistant coating while fabric underside is coated with polyurethane for superior water resistance, YKK zippers, 100D rip-stop nylon, 210D velocity nylon, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Interior: 200D polyester lining, nylex lined filter pockets, closed-cell antilon foam, nylon binding tape, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- External pouch: 8.1” x 5.3” x 3.9” (20.5 x 13.5 x 10 cm) (W x H x D)
- Removable Filter Insert: 7.3” x 4.3” x 3.1” (18.5 x 11 x 8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Rectangular Filter Slots: 6.7” x 4.3” (17 x 11 cm) (W x H)
- Round Filter Slots: 3.4” x 3.6” (8.6 x 9.1 cm) (W x H)
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (0.2 kg)
MindShift Gear has the Filter Hive available for order.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 4:14:49 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Canon PowerShot G15 Digital Camera
available for $299.00 with free shipping. Compare at $389.00.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 2:56:25 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo: Think Tank Photo Releases Two App House Hybrid Shoulder Bags/Belt-mounted Bags for Apple Tablets
SANTA ROSA, Calif. – Award-winning design firm Think Tank Photo just released the App House 8 and the App House 10, two hybrid bags for quick access to a small or standard-size Apple tablets either as shoulder bags or mounted on belts. Streamlined and secure, their small size, removable shoulder strap, and double-lock belt-mount make it practically effortless for anyone to carry and access their tablet and stay connected around town or when traveling. Key features include:
- Dedicated pockets for carrying a smart phone, device accessories, plus other small items.
- Premium materials: YKK RC Fuse zippers, antique nickel-plated metal hardware and durable, long lasting, nylon fabric.
- A dedicated, easily accessible smart phone pocket with soft liner.
- An internal organizer with elastic and zippered pockets for connection cables, card readers, power cables, portable charger, pens, or other personal items.
- 4-way stretch pocket on front for rapid access to lens caps, memory cards, batteries or other items.
- Removable and adjustable shoulder strap with non-slip pad.
- Double-lock belt attachment for added security.
- Grab-handle on top for quick pickup.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included in zippered compartment on bottom.
- Think Tank “No Rhetoric” Warranty…period.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus fabric underside is coated with polyurethane. These bags also have YKK RC Fuse zippers, 250D shadow ripstop nylon, 420D high density nylon, 550D spun polyester, 200D polyester, antique nickel-plated metal hardware, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, nylex lined phone and tablet pockets, 150D hexa mesh pockets, 200D polyester, closed-cell antilon foam, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
App House 8
- External Dimensions: 6.1” W x 8.5” H x 1” D (15.5 x 21.5 x 2.5 cm)
- Smart Phone Pocket: 3.5” W x 5.2” H x 0.4” D (9 x 13.3 x 1 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 5.3” W x 7.9” H x 0.8” D (13.5 x 20 x 2 cm)
- Weight with all accessories: 0.6 lbs (0.3 kg)
App House 10
- External Dimensions: 8.1” W x 10” H x 1.4” D (20.5 x 25.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Smart Phone Pocket: 5.9” W x 3.5” H x 0.4” D (15 x 9 x 1 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 7.9” W x 9.8” H x 0.8” D (20 x 25 x 2 cm)
- Weight with all accessories: 0.8 lbs (0.4 kg)
Think Tank Photo Releases Modular Pixel Pocket Rocket: Belt-mountable with dedicated clear interior panels fit Six Camera CF cards and Three SD cards
Think Tank Photo’s new Modular Pixel Pocket Rocket (PPR) is belt-mountable. This enables photographers to easily whip out their CF and SD cards and to keep them securely and conveniently at hand when shooting. The Modular PPR is easily secured by a sturdy hook-and-loop panel to any Think Tank Photo modular belt or to any belt. It holds six CF cards and three SD cards, as well as other small accessories, such as a smart phone or lens cloth.
Photographers can untuck the neck-strap from its own interior slot as a wearable option to show ID or credentials through the clear panel.
Key features include:
- Capacity: Holds 6 CF and 3 SD cards.
- Belt-mount option with double security attachment.
- Built-in neck-strap as a wearable option to readily show ID or business cards through a clear external pocket.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating plus fabric underside has a polyurethane coating. It also has 250D shadow ripstop nylon and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon lining, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Exterior Dimensions: 4.7” W x 5.1” H x 0.6” D (12 x 13 x 1.5 cm)
- Photo ID Window: 3.9” W x 2.2” H (10 x 5.5 cm)
- Weight with lanyard: 0.2 lbs (0.1 kg)
Think Tank Photo has the App House Hybrid Bags and Modular Pixel Pocket Rocket available now.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo!
Post Date: 3/4/2014 2:37:44 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
) available for $2,819.94 with free shipping. Compare at $3,299.00. Note:
The auction advertises that this item as a "USA Model" camera; unfortunately, it doesn't specifically mention that a warranty card is included. However, USA market items can be registered online at Canon USA
Post Date: 3/4/2014 1:42:08 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Just Posted: Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens Review
As I hinted last week, especially for the price, I think that you are going to be very pleased with the image quality this lens delivers.
This lens remains in high demand and short supply. If you are interested in adding this lens to your kit, preorder now at B&H
Post Date: 3/4/2014 12:15:48 PM CT Posted By: Bryan
From Lowepro: Maximize your capacity, protection and travel ease with new Pro Roller x-Series AW rolling camera bags from Lowepro. Petaluma, CA – March 3, 2014
– Lowepro, a product design company that builds protective, high-quality gear for photography, video and portable electronic devices, launches a trio of rolling camera bags that maximize the amount of pro-sized gear photographers can pack, protect and transport: the Pro Roller x-Series AW.
“We’ve taken our proven and award-winning rolling bag design to the next level with this series,” said Tim Grimmer, Lowepro brand director. “Now pros and enthusiasts can travel from location to location with the maximum amount of camera, video or lighting gear and rely on high-impact-resistant protection and incredible ease of use.” MaxFit System for Maximum Capacity
At the core of this new design is Lowepro’s patent-pending MaxFit System of adjustable, interior dividers. This micro-fitting structure makes it easy to closely pack pro bodies, large lenses and all essential accessories in a deep and roomy interior while maintaining superior protection in a streamlined form factor.
The Pro Roller x-Series AW offers the flexibility to move dividers and travel with a variety of kits depending on shooting needs – from Pro DSLR to video, and lighting to audio. High-impact Protection
The hardshell exterior of this rolling bag design is constructed of long-wearing balllistic nylon to provide gear with high-impact protection when moving on city streets and from the rigors of airline travel. Built-in Weather Protection
A patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover adds another layer of protection – in this case from the elements – and may be deployed from a hidden pocket at the back of the bag. Travel-friendly to the Max
The Pro Roller x200 and x100 are sized to meet standard airline carry-on requirements (each measures less than 45 linear inches / 114.3 centimeters). All bags feature a compact and secure TSA-approved lock with locking zippers. And all include one of Lowepro’s inventive solutions – a Reserve Pack that unzips from the hard case to provide extra versatility for those times when a ‘plan B’ is needed. Thoughful Details for Professional Use
The Lowepro design team kept ease of use in mind as they added these thoughtful details: vibration-absorbing wheels with an ABEC-5 rating for a smooth glide; a deep laptop pocket at the front of bag for quick access; see-through interior pockets for extra accessories like cables, filters, headphones and batteries; removable accessory pouches to keep small accessories within easy reach (two pouches included with x300 AW and x200 AW models; one with x100 AW model); and a no-drop front pocket to stash and grab essentials like a smartphone, travel documents and keys.
- Pro Roller x300 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs with grip, 8-10 lenses (up to 600mm), accessories and small personal items, and up to a 17" laptop.
- Pro Roller x200 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs with grip, 6-8 lenses (to up 600mm), accessories and small personal items, and up to a 17" laptop.
- Pro Roller x100 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs, 4-6 lenses (up to 400mm), accessories and small personal items, and up to a 15" laptop.
Specs and U.S. MSRP for Pro Roller x-Series AW rolling camera bags:
Pro Roller x300 AW
Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH):
15.6 x 6.9 to 8.5 x 22.4 in. / 39.7 x 17.6 to 21.6 x 57 cm
17 x 11.6 x 25.4 in. / 43.3 x 29.5 x 64.5 cm
Weight: 14.6 lbs. / 6.6 kg
U.S. MSRP: $479.99
Pro Roller x200 AW
Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH):
12.9 x 6.2 to 7.7 x 20.1 in. / 32.8 x 16 to 19.5 x 51 cm
14 x 9 x 22 in. / 35.5 x 22.9 x 55.9 cm
Weight: 12.7 lbs. / 5.8 kg
U.S. MSRP: $399.99
Pro Roller x100 AW
Interior Primary Camera Compartment (WxDxH):
12.4 x 6.2 to 7.7 x 16.1 in. / 31.5 x 16 to 19.5 x 41
14 x 9 x 19.3 in. / 35.5 x 22.9 x 49 cm
Weight: 10.1 lbs. / 4.6 kg
U.S. MSRP: $369.99
B&H carries the new Lowepro Pro Roller X-Series AW camera bags.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 10:51:34 AM CT Posted By: Sean
The Canon Store
has the Refurbished PowerShot A810 Digital Camera
available for $39.99. Regularly $59.99.
This purchase comes with a free camera case and SD memory card.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 8:56:21 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Hot Deal: eBay
(via RytherCamera) has the Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
) available for $669.00 with free shipping. Compare at $1,099.00.
This lens is advertised as being new with a 1-year Canon USA warranty.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 7:35:23 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via dzone) has the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens for Canon
available for $868.00 with free shipping. Compare at $1,199.00 after rebate.
Check out our full review
of the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD for more information. Note:
Lens ships from Hong Kong, is likely a grey market item and does not qualify for Tamron USA rebates.
Post Date: 3/4/2014 6:57:47 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has Westcott Modern Vintage 9x12' Backgrounds
available for $66.63 with free shipping. Regularly $88.13 - $103.03.
You'll need an appropriate backdrop support system
with these backdrops. If a smaller backdrop will fit your needs, you might want to check out Westcott's convenient X-Drop Kit
Post Date: 3/3/2014 2:00:16 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Use promo code TAMF1FtN
at Focus Camera
to get 20% off
any Tamrac product.
Use this coupon for an excellent deal on the Tamrac 5587 Expedition 7x Backpack
($55.99 Off). I personally use the next slightly larger bag in the series – the 5588 – and I've been very happy with it. But the 5588 is probably too big for most people's needs. ;-) [Sean]
Post Date: 3/3/2014 1:17:45 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Manfrotto 055CX3 Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs
available for $289.88 with free shipping. Regularly $389.88.
Post Date: 3/3/2014 1:12:43 PM CT Posted By: Sean
B&H has Oben tripods
, ball heads
on sale for 10% off
Check out Bryan's review of the CT-2491 Carbon Fiber Tripod
and the BC-139 Ball Head
for his experience with Oben products.
Post Date: 3/3/2014 12:48:27 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Bower 16mm T2.2 Cine Lens (Canon/Nikon)
available for $399.00 with free shipping. Regularly $499.00.
Post Date: 3/3/2014 12:12:17 PM CT Posted By: Sean
B&H's Canon Rebates Page
has been updated with the new lens rebate information – check it out for a convenient, illustrated look at lenses and flashes eligible for rebates
Post Date: 3/3/2014 9:21:54 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Pocketwizard: Photographers benefit from seamless integration between flash, radio trigger and exposure and lighting control White Plains, NY – February 28, 2014
– In a joint announcement, Bowens, PocketWizard and Sekonic have aligned to create a complete wireless triggering solution for electronic flashes that will be first introduced in the U.S. market. Now most Bowens Gemini monolights will accept an optional PocketWizard module, which enables photographers to wirelessly trigger their flash with industry-standard, and widely used PocketWizard radios and Sekonic light meters.
Compatible components within the system are Bowens Gemini 500R, 500Pro, 750Pro, 1000Pro & 1500Pro series of monolights with PocketWizard module, all existing PocketWizard radio’s and today’s Sekonic L-478DR and L-758DR exposure meters. In addition, other (earlier) Sekonic meters can be used with an optional PocketWizard transmitter. All take advantage of PocketWizard 32 channels and 4-zone system.
Bowens USA President, Jan Lederman, brought the three technology leaders together to create a powerful alliance for the photographic flash market. When asked what prompted this he responded, “With the rapid advancement of photographic technology in our digital world, it is a natural evolutionary step to marry these technologies. Our goal is to provide a complete wireless environment in which photographers have greater and more accurate control of lighting in a more effortless way.”
To commemorate the alliance, PocketWizard is introducing a new Plus III Transceiver in the “Bowens’ signature yellow” color. Pricing and Availability
Bowens products are available for purchase and rent from a growing list of specialty camera and video retailers as well as rental houses across the United States.
B&H carries Bowens
Post Date: 3/3/2014 7:26:10 AM CT Posted By: Sean