From Nikon USA
: Modifications enabled with version 2.13.0
- Support for the D5200 has been added.
- When the focus area displayed in the Camera Control Pro 2 live view window is double-clicked with autofocusing in live view mode, the camera will now focus automatically.
- However, the camera will not focus automatically with the following cameras when Hand-held is selected for Live view mode.
- D3-series cameras, D700, and D300-series cameras
Additional modifications to the Windows version
- Compatibility with 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8 Enterprise has been added. However, under 64-bit versions, this software operates as a 32-bit application.
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version
- Support for OS X version 10.8 has been added.
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.5 has been eliminated.
Download the Camera Control Pro 2.13.0 update: Windows | Macintosh
From Canon USA:
: LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., December 4, 2012
– Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that its PIXMA MG6320 and MG5420 Wireless Photo All-In-One and the PIXMA iP7220 Wireless Photo printer will support AirPrint wireless printing from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch mobile devices. AirPrint allows users to wirelessly print photos, email, web pages and documents without installing device drivers. AirPrint works with iPhone (3GS and later), iPad and iPod touch devices (3rd generation and later) and requires iOS 4.2 (or later).
For more information on the models that support AirPrint and other details, please visit www.usa.canon.com
From Canon USA
: LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., December 4, 2012
– In a world where images are instantly shared, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced three PIXMA printers and a CanoScan photo scanner to expand the creative solutions available to consumers for easily printing, archiving and sharing photos. The PIXMA MG6320 and MG5420 Wireless Photo All-In-One (AIO) and PIXMA iP7220 Wireless Photo printers represent a significant update to the PIXMA printer line with a stylish, space-friendly design that saves desk space and allows for storage in almost any location, giving users a high-quality experience along with exceptional results. The CanoScan 9000F Mark II photo scanner allows users to preserve those special moments and memories from the days of using film by scanning and archiving with the slide and negative adapter. Innovative Design
The sleek, compact PIXMA Wireless Photo AIO printers feature a new snap-edge design that improves the overall look and feel of the machine while allowing for quick and easy access to the device’s ink cartridges for easy replacement. Each Photo AIO printer, has a low-height body to reduce the space needed to open the scanner, and a new paper cassette on the MG6320 and MG5420, as well as on the iP7220, that allows the printers to sit flush against a wall to conveniently fit in a variety of spaces and home offices. Advanced media handling is also possible on the PIXMA MG6320 and MG5420 Wireless Photo AIO printers with dual front paper cassettes, the ability to choose auto duplexing to help reduce paper usage and direct disk print to help users quickly customize projects. The PIXMA MG6320 Photo AIO printer features a 3.5-inch touch-screen LCD and the Intelligent Touch System so only the necessary keys are illuminated allowing for an intuitive approach to overall usability. The CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner has a well-designed and intuitive layout as well with seven EZ Buttons to scan, copy or create a PDF with the touch of a button.
“Many consumers today need a printer that is easily accessible, reliable and can produce high-quality prints for any project,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies and Communications Group, Canon U.S.A. “The improvements to the PIXMA printers and CanoScan Scanner will give end-users the equipment needed to help them produce the quality prints they are accustomed to.” Enhanced Connectivity
With built-in wireless and mobile printing on the PIXMA printers, images can be printed from virtually anywhere in the home. These new models can work in tandem with the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint mobile app, for use with compatible Android and Windows RT smartphones and tablets, as well as Apple iOS devices, providing easy printing of photos and PDFs of documents. The printers also support My Image Garden software from Canon, which helps users to organize, customize and share their images. For users of the PowerShot S110 digital camera and EOS 6D Digital SLR camera, images can be printed wirelessly from the camera to either of the new PIXMA AIO printer models via PictBridge (wireless LAN). User-Friendly Operation
These new Canon PIXMA printers have been designed with the user in mind, making completing any printing job easy. Each machine has an Auto Power On mode that can be used to receive a printing task, even if the device is powered off at the time it is received. This Auto Power On mode is perfect for a busy home or small business office and helps make wireless printing easy. In addition, two-sided printing can also be set as the default for Copy, PDF file print and Template print, which can help to reduce overall paper consumption and cost. PIXMA MG6320 and MG5420 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printers
The Canon PIXMA MG6320 and MG5420 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printers continue the Canon legacy of providing users with high-quality output incorporating individual dye-based color and pigment black ink tanks which are part of the ChromaLife100 + ink system. The PIXMA MG6320 AIO printer includes six color ink tanks, including gray, while the PIXMA MG5420 AIO printer includes five color ink tanks.
Each model can produce beautiful, borderless edge-to-edge 4 x 6-inch photos in approximately 21 seconds at a maximum color resolution of 9600x2400 dpi. Full HD Movie Print can also been used with both models to produce clear images of video frames from videos captured on compatible HD Canon EOS and PowerShot Digital Cameras and VIXIA Camcorders.
The Canon PIXMA MG6320 Wireless Photo AIO Printer will have an estimated selling price of $199.99 and the Canon PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Photo AIO Printer will have an estimated selling price of $149.99. PIXMA iP7220 Wireless Photo Printer
The Canon PIXMA iP7220 Wireless Photo Printer is an ideal choice for the consumer interested in a single-function printer delivering exceptional quality with the flexibility of a wireless connection. Building on the success of the iP4920 Inkjet Photo Printer, the iP7220 has faster output speeds of 15 images per minute (ipm) in black-and-white and 10 ipm in color and is capable of producing a 4 x 6-inch borderless photo in approximately 21 seconds. In addition, the printer has a maximum color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi. For increased convenience, the printer has Quiet Mode which is ideal when working in a home or office environment.
The Canon PIXMA iP7220 Photo Printer will have an estimated selling price of $99.99. CanoScan 9000F Mark II Photo Scanner
The CanoScan 9000F Mark II Photo Scanner provides consumers with an easy solution for all photo and document archiving needs. Capable of scanning a 35mm film strip with the film scanning guide and frame and Film Adapter Unit, precious photos from a family’s history can be archived. The maximum optical resolution for the CanoScan 9000F Mark II Photo Scanner is 9600 x 9600 dots-per-inch (dpi) for film and 4800 x 4800 dpi for all other media. Equipped with Auto Document Fix, this feature analyzes and corrects to help ensure text characters stand out and are sharp and clear; and helps pictures to maintain their color, tone and contrast.
The CanoScan 9000F Mark II Photo Scanner will have an estimated selling price of $199.99. B&H
carries Canon PIXMA Printers
and Canon CanoScan Scanners
From Canon USA
: LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., December 3, 2012
– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that for the fourth year in a row it has earned the Center of Excellence certification by BenchmarkPortal, placing its customer service call center in the top 10 percent as surveyed for efficiency and effectiveness.
"Earning this award for the fourth straight year validates our commitment to matching Canon's innovative products and services with a high level of technical support which our customers deserve," said James Sharp, senior vice president and general manager, Systems and Technical Support, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "I am particularly proud of our team members who strive to build stronger relationships with customers every day."
The Systems and Technical Support Division, Canon U.S.A.'s 100-percent U.S.-based call center, provides service and support to the Company's vast network of direct and non-direct sales channels covering a wide range of products and solutions, including the Company's imageRUNNER ADVANCE, imagePROGRAF, imageCLASS and imagePRESS product lines.
"Canon's customer service call center continues to demonstrate excellent performance on both cost-related and quality-related metrics which are among the best in the industry," said Bruce Belfiore, CEO of BenchmarkPortal and senior research executive at the Center for Customer-Driven Quality that was founded at Purdue University. "It certainly deserves to achieve our Center of Excellence certification."