: The new 3Pod line by Flashpoint includes ten distinct photography and video tripods ranging from consumer-focused models to rugged, professional tripods designed for on-the-go photographers New York, NY – October 23, 2013
– Adorama, one of the world’s largest photography, video, imaging and electronics retailers, recently announced the launch of its brand new 3Pod camera support line from Flashpoint. An in-house brand developed by Adorama, 3Pod is a comprehensive tripod product line featuring convertible tripod/monopod systems, ball heads, quick release plates, video tripods, and tripods for tabletop and travel photography. Born out of the goal to create a stable, economical and highly portable camera support system, every 3Pod tripod features a carefully crafted design. The competitively priced line features tripod systems for nearly every skill set and use, from professional tripod systems built to withstand the rigors of daily travel and use to simple-to-use consumer models. All 3Pod tripods are sold with a padded carrying case, mini toolkit, instruction manual and three-year warranty. New 3Pod Photography Tripods:
- PM3A Monopod with H-28Q Ball Head – $69.95 – backpacking and travel photography
- PTT1H Mini Table Top Tripod with K1 Ball Head – $24.95 – macro, product photography
- P4AFH FlatFold Tripod with K3 Ball Head – $119.95 – compact for travel and on-the-go shooting
- P4CFC Carbon Fiber Four-Section FlatFold Tripod – $224.95 – lightweight and super-strong compact camera support system perfect for travel; monopod convertible
- P4CFH Carbon Fiber Four-Section FlatFold Tripod with K2 Ball Head – $249.95 – multipurpose, convertible support system, super portable; monopod convertible
- P5ARH Compact Five-Section Reversible Aluminum Travel Tripod with K3 Ball Head – $99.95 – super light, compact tripod ideal for traveling and consumer photography
- P5CFH Carbon Fiber Five-Section FlatFold Tripod with K2 Ball Head – $149.95 – ideal for traveling professional and amateur photographers alike; monopod convertible
- P5CRH Carbon Fiber Five-Section Compact Tripod with K3 Ball Head – $124.95 – outdoor / travel-ready design; monopod convertible
New 3Pod Video Tripods
- V2AH Aluminum Three-Section Video Tripod with Fluid Head – $139.95 – designed for maximum stability and portability
- V3AH Anodized Aluminum Video Tripod with Two-Way Fluid Head and Quick-Release Plate – $109.95 – fully accessorized consumer video tripod
Tripods from Adorama’s brand new 3Pod line will be on display at the PhotoPlus Expo on October 24 and 25 in booth 1037.
The 3Pod line can be found exclusively at Adorama.
Refurbished Nikon D7100 DSLR Camera - $889.99 Shipped (Compare at $1,146.95 New)`
From Roger Cicala at LensRentals
"Seeing a need that needed to be filled, by the power vested in me as President and Treasurer of the Society of Overly Analytical Lens Assessors, I have organized the first photography contest for photogeeks.
Entering is simple: just send a jpg (100% non-resized, of course) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a note telling me what category you’re entering and any pertinent positives about the shot. You know – how many copies of the lens you tested and sent back before choosing this one, what type of laser-rangefinder focusing device you used, or how you hand-carved a wooden lens mount so you could use the 1945 Soyuz f/0.45 x-ray lens you get at a flea market on your NEX camera after you’d disassembled it to clean out the fungus.
I’ll post the entries after making sure they meet the criteria."
- Sharpest Corner
- 3-D Rendering of a 2-D Test Chart
- Largest Number of Accessories Between the Lens and the Camera
- Best Picture of Stuff Inside a Lens
- Most Distortion Corrected in Software
- Dynamic Range Demonstration
- Best Picture from a Camera without a Movie Mode
Check out Roger's Post for more information.
By the way - you may want to check out the list of judges for the photo contest. You may see a familiar name in there. ;-)
Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC LD IF Lens for Canon - $369.00 (Compare at $599.00 AR)
DxO gave me the opportunity to test drive Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition before its release. The noise reduction technology is very good, although the "PRIME" noise reduction algorithm takes a substantial amount of time and computing power. So much time, in fact, that denoising runs continously in the background and will only allow you to see its effects on a small preview section of the image before it is saved.
Even so, I was very impressed with DxO Optics Pro 9. They've done a good job at reducing noise while preserving a good amount of detail in the image - even with their standard (non-PRIME) desnoising compared to previous Optics Pro editions. [Sean]
From DxO: With its award-winning and unrivaled image processing quality, DxO Optics Pro definitively emerges as the software of reference for the most demanding photographers
Special introductory offer through November 20, 2013 October 23, 2013
- DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro 9, the major new version of its image-processing software. DxO Optics Pro 9 introduces PRIME, a revolutionary noise reduction technology whose spectacular performance produces detailed and vividly-colored images even under the most extreme shooting conditions.
Based on DxO Labs' exclusive approach of prior calibration of equipment in its laboratories, DxO Optics Pro integrates many powerful tools for automatically processing RAW and JPEG images: precise optical and geometric corrections, intelligent optimization of exposure and contrast, preservation of colors and details. Its numerous presets can be adapted to photographers' personal tastes and will help them bring out the best in their photos in just a few clicks. Breathtaking images, even at extremely high ISO
Thanks to PRIME (P
nhancement) denoising technology, which analyzes the structure of RAW images in depth in order to differentiate between noise and fine details, DxO Optics Pro 9 offers a gain in image quality of up to one full stop over the best noise reduction algorithms currently on the market.
"In contrast to the usual approach of finding a better compromise between image quality and execution speed, we have created a tool whose sole purpose is to obtain the best image quality possible," explained Frédéric Guichard, Chief Scientific Officer of DxO Labs. "For each pixel, more than a thousand neighboring pixels are analyzed. This vast exploration allows DxO Optics Pro to identify similar data that can serve to reconstruct image information. Several minutes may be required to do this, but this process takes place in the background, so users can work on other images and projects while they wait for the results."
PRIME technology results in truly spectacular images: noise is suppressed, and textures, details, and color saturation are preserved, particularly in shadows, for a beautifully natural look.
For photographers who prefer to denoise their images immediately, DxO Optics Pro 9 still offers a newly-improved high-quality "classic" denoising tool that produces finely-detailed renderings quickly, even at the highest sensitivities. Unrivaled highlight management and color rendering
The exclusive DxO Smart Lighting feature optimizes the overall contrast of an image by intelligently adapting to its contents. This tool has been further improved in DxO Optics Pro 9, which now offers even more powerful highlight management: details that once were thought lost are revealed, even when the information is missing in the original RAW data, and colorimetric errors are minimized.
DxO Labs' highly precise knowledge of the way each camera reproduces color allows DxO Optics Pro to emulate the rendering of any camera on RAW images. DxO Optics Pro 9 goes even further by proposing a new color rendering called "DxO Portrait," which preserves skin tones and naturally-saturated colors. New visual presets
DxO Optics Pro 9's library of presets has been completely redesigned. Portrait, Landscape, Black & White, Single-shot HDR: the new DxO presets respond to different use cases that photographers frequently encounter, and are supplemented by "Atmospheres," a new set of creative renderings.
A new visual presets window makes it easier for users choose which preset to apply to their images by letting them preview thumbnails of the rendering effects prior to application. New export tools
DxO Optics Pro 9 simplifies its workflow by allowing photographers to go directly from customizing their images to using and sharing them.
The "Export to Disk" feature lets users generate and save JPEG, TIFF, and DNG images in just a few clicks. The new "Export to Application" feature groups into a single transaction both processing and opening images in an external application, such as other DxO software products or other editors that specialize in photo retouching, panoramic shots, HDR, and cataloguing. Finally, the "Export to Flickr" feature adopts this same new approach, letting users process and publish their photos directly online in just one step. Even more comfortable and productive
The DxO Optics Pro interface has undergone another evolution, with a new workspace that highlights essential correction tools, optimizes vertical space, and reorganizes toolbars and palettes in an even more logical fashion. Further, it is now possible to access context-sensitive help directly in the correction palettes. Availability and special introductory offer
The Standard and Elite editions of DxO Optics Pro 9 for Mac and Windows are now available at photo resellers at a special discount through November 20, 2013:
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Standard Edition: $99 instead of $169
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition: $199 instead of $299
Photographers who acquired a DxO Optics Pro 8 license on or after September 1, 2013, are entitled to a free upgrade to version 9.
Adorama has DxO Optics Pro 8 available for purchase and is eligible for a free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro 9.