B&H has changed the status of the Canon EOS 5Ds and 5Ds R to read, "Item will be available for purchase on Mon, Mar 23 12AM
That means midnight between Sunday and Monday, you should be able to preorder the highest resolution full-frame camera ever produced in whichever flavor you prefer.
Keep in mind – this site depends on support received from purchases you make using the links on our site. Please to navigate to B&H using our links once the preorders go live: Preorder the Canon EOS 5DsPreorder the Canon EOS 5Ds R Update:
For those in the UK, it looks like the cameras are already available for preorder from Wex Photographic: Canon EOS 5Ds at Wex PhotographicCanon EOS 5Ds R at Wex Photographic
We'll be at the 2015 NAB Show, April 11th-16th. Stop by Booth #C10418
or our table outside of Post | Production World and get our show special: $250 off any rental order of $750 or more
using code LV8838
and attend the show for free!
We'll be hosting a private event for our customers during NAB week (details TBA). If you're attending please let us know and sign-up for an invitation
. We'd love to spend time with you!
From the Adobe Lightroom Journal
Camera Raw 8.8 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC. DNG Converter 8.8 is provided for all Lightroom customers and Photoshop customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6. New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.8
- Casio EX-ZR3500
- Canon EOS 750D (Rebel T6i, Kiss X8i) (*)
- Canon EOS 760D (Rebel T6s, Kiss 8000D) (*)
- Fujifilm X-A2
- Fujifilm XQ2
- Hasselblad Stellar II
- Nikon D5500
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 II
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 (DMC-TZ70, DMC-TZ71)
(*) denotes preliminary support. Camera Matching color profiles for these models will be added in a future release. New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.8
(only Canon / Nikon mount lens profiles shown here)
|Canon||Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 USM|
|Canon||Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM|
|Canon||TAMRON SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD|
|Nikon F||Nikon AF NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED|
|Nikon F||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II|
|Nikon F||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR|
|Nikon F||Nikon NIKKOR 50mm f/1.2 AIS|
|Nikon F||TAMRON SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD A012N|
|Nikon F||Voigtlander SL II 20mm f/3.5 Color-Skopar Aspherical|
|Nikon F||Voigtlander SL II 28mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar Aspherical|
|Nikon F||Voigtlander SL II 58mm f/1.4 Nokton|
- Fixed issue with magenta highlights when processing Canon EOS 70D raw files at some ISO settings
- Fixed issue where vignette correction introduced banding for Voigtlander VM 21mm f/1.8 Ultron
- Fixed vignette overcorrection at certain focus distances for Pentax FA645 MACRO 120mm F4
- Fixed issue where vignette correction introduced banding at wider focal lengths for Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
- Fixed EXIF name for Zeiss OTUS 85mm f/1.4 (Canon and Nikon mount)
- Fixed vignette overcorrection for Zeiss Distagon T 1,4_35 ZM
- Updated lens profile to reflect firmware changes to SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html
Lightroom Customers –
If you’re using one of the newly supported cameras listed above, please download the DNG Converter. We’re working to add support to these cameras and they will be added in the next Lightroom release. Download Links DNG Converter 8.8: Win
Adobe's Photoshop Photography Program
is only $9.99 per month (Photoshop CC + Lightroom).
Reikan has released a major update to its fully automated autofocus tuning software FoCal which provides autofocus fine tuning for both Nikon and Canon digital SLR cameras. Version 2 includes a unique ability for users to compare test results directly against results from other FoCal users around the world, helping to answer the age old question, "Is my camera/lens a good copy?".
Other highlighted features for Version 2 are routines to determine lens optical performance with an astigmatism metric and a large number of changes to the user interface to make calibration faster and FoCal easier to use. Headline Features
- Compare your results with other FoCal users – With FoCal 2, you can now compare the results of your tests with the results from thousands of other FoCal users to see how your equipment is really performing.
- Review your previous tests – You can review the detailed results of previous tests you’ve run for comparison. This includes most of the tests you’ve run with FoCal 1 as well.
- Improved Reports – The reports are now more concise, grouping relevant information together and showing more information that matters.
- Faster Results – Get accurate results in less time with the new analysis algorithms in FoCal 2.
- More Information – You can dig deeper into the performance of your camera and lens with the extra information such as Astigmatism Factor, as well as reviewing more details about each shot taken.
- User Interface Improvements – the user interface is easier to understand, with new tabbed windows, more logical operation and comprehensive keyboard control.
- Voice Prompts – FoCal 2 even talks to you! Calibrate any camera without needing to sit looking at the computer screen – any changes you might need to make at the camera are spoken out loud.
- Free Upgrade – When fully released, FoCal 2 will be a free upgrade for all holders of a FoCal 1 license, so there’s nothing more to pay to get all these new features!
Find out more about FoCal v2 on the Reikan website
The software is currently only available for those who have FoCal v1.x Pro licenses.
results from the EOS 7D Mark II
have been added to the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens review
As with yesterday's lens
, the 18-135 STM is a decent performer, especially for the cost when purchased in a DSLR kit, refurbished or white box
has the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
For today only, use coupon code MADNESS50
to get 50% 0ff
your canvas print order.
Canvas prints provide a striking way to display your favorite shots. They also make great gifts.