Lightroom 5.5 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. The goal of this release is to provide support for Lightroom mobile, additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom. Release Notes New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.5
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
- Fujifilm FinePix S1
- Nikon 1 J4
- Nikon 1 S2
- Nikon 1 V3
- Olympus OM-D E-M10
- Panasonic DMC-GH4
- Pentax 645Z
- Samsung NX3000
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.5
|Canon|| Sigma 50m F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Canon|| Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Canon|| Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Dill VC PZD MACRO B0163|
|Fujifilm|| Fujifilm Tele Conversion Lens TCL-X100|
|Nikon|| Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM|
|Nikon|| Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR|
|Nikon|| Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Nikon|| Sigma 18-200 F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Nikon|| Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Dill VC PZD MACRO B016N|
|Nikon|| Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD A011N|
|Pentax|| Sigma 30mm F.14 DC HSM A013|
|Sigma|| Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Sigma|| Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Sony Alpha|| Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013|
|Sony Alpha|| Sony Alpha 28-75mm F2.8 SAM|
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom5.5
- Improved responsiveness in Develop module while Lightroom mobile sync is occurring.
- Custom Develop module default settings were not syncing correctly to Lightroom mobile.
- Initial rendition in Develop would sometimes appear posterized.
- Undo function failed and applied a preset instead.
- Scaling looked inaccurate when scaling to 200% in Windows.
- Manual slideshows sometimes did not advance to the next slide as expected.
- Aspect ratio changed when modifying the crop rectangle and when rotating the crop
- Image flips between portrait and landscape after switching orientation while shooting tethered with Leica S cameras.
- Fixed issue with Fujifilm X-T1 raw images appearing too bright at high ISO settings when using Dynamic Range 200% and 400%. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Preferences dialog, and (2) review images shot at ISO settings higher than 1600 for unexpected brightness changes.
- Fixed image quality issue (noisy result) when applying spot healing to floating-point (HDR) images.
- Fixed issue with reading lossless compressed Nikon raw files (NEF files) from the camera models listed below. Previously, some images could be read but would appear as random noise, whereas attempting to open others would result in an error dialog. You will need to purge your Camera Raw cache via the Preferences dialog.
- Nikon D1
- Nikon D1H
- Nikon D1X
- Nikon D2H
- Nikon D2Hs
- Nikon D2X
- Nikon D2Xs
- Nikon D100
- Nikon D200
Lightroom 5.5 for Windows
Lightroom 5.5 for Macintosh
B&H carries Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.
Post Date: 6/19/2014 8:08:23 AM CT Posted By: Sean
June 19, 2014,Commack, New York- Tamron USA, Inc. announced the price and delivery of the 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC for Canon mount (Model B011). This lightweight, compact high-power zoom lens, originally released for Sony mount in 2011, is designed for mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras with APS-C sized sensors and sports a stylish design and is available in two color options. It will be available in the U.S. starting June 26, 2014 at $499. Product Highlights
- This high-power, 18-200mm, lightweight and compact zoom lens weighing 16.2 ounces with a 62mm filter is designed for mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras. Equipped with Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation), the lens enables easy handheld shooting from 18mm wide angle to 200mm full telephoto.
- Employing two (Low Dispersion) elements, three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, one XR (high refractive index) element, and one Hybrid Aspherical element, the lens delivers astounding image quality by reducing aberrations to a bare minimum.
- The lens boasts a striking appearance worthy of mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera designs. The metallic lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver.
- The lens also has a stepping motor adopted for the AF drive, a construction that accommodates Contrast-detection AF and shooting video. This feature also supports Direct Manual Focus (DMF) function, which allows the user to make fine manual adjustments after initially focusing by AF.
|Max Format size||APS-C (EF-M)|
|Focal length||18–200 mm|
|Image stabilisation||Yes (4 stops claimed)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-M, Sony E (NEX)|
|Maximum aperture||F/3.5 - F/6.3|
|Minimum aperture||F/22.0 - F/40.0|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Elements / Groups||17 / 13|
|Minimum focus||0.50 m (19.69")|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||460 g (1.01 lb)|
|Diameter||68 mm (2.68")|
|Length||97 mm (3.82")|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||62 mm|
|Hood product code||flower shaped hood|
B&H has the Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Lens for Canon EOS M available for preorder.
Post Date: 6/19/2014 7:11:28 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Tamron: Innovative All-In-One zoom integrates state-of-the-art optical design, PZD (Piezo Drive) and Tamron's exclusive VC (Vibration Compensation) system to achieve superb image quality in a remarkably compact, lightweight package.
June 19, 2014, Commack, NY - Tamron USA, Inc. has announced the delivery date of the anticipated 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD (Model A010), an advanced new All-In-One zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras. The lens will be available in the U.S. in both Canon and Nikon mount (Sony mount availability to be announced) on June 26, 2014 at $849.
Since the launch in 1992 of the 28-200mm (Model 71D) high-power zoom lens - which featured a revolutionary compact, lightweight design - Tamron has been continually expanding its portfolio of world class optics to benefit consumers. Having revolutionized the optical design of the previous 28-300mm (Model A20), Tamron developed a powerful new, high-power zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras that enhances image quality and incorporates the PZD (Piezo Drive)-a standing-wave ultrasonic motor system optimized for swift, quiet AF-and the acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism in an amazingly compact configuration.
Featuring a new, sophisticated external finish, this lens complements the performance and style of full-frame DSLRs, while delivering the practical advantages of an All-In-One zoom lens. Product Highlights
- State-of-the-art optical design technology delivers superior image quality.
The advanced optical construction of this lens includes four elements of LD (Low Dispersion) glass, three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, one Hybrid Aspherical element, one XR (Extra Refractive Index) glass element, and one element of UXR (Ultra-Extra Refractive Index) glass, which has greater refractive index than XR. The full use of specialized glass elements in its design contributes to making this outstanding lens as compact and lightweight as possible, while minimizing aberrations, resulting in superior image quality. Particularly impressive is the thorough compensation of chromatic aberrations at the telephoto end, yielding images of enhanced clarity and crispness.
- Focus on portability - The lens is now even smaller and lighter.
In addition to state-of-the-art optical design that facilitates downsizing of the lens body, the mechanical design leads to a smaller overall lens compared to the existing Tamron 28-300mm (Model A20). The incorporation of a highly sophisticated multi-stack-cam layout that takes up far less space as well as the PZD (Piezo Drive) AF, an autofocus drive system with a simpler, more compact structure, make it possible to reduce the overall dimensions of this lens. These technologies are the fruit of Tamron's more than 20 years of research and development in the high-power zoom lens field.
- Advanced anti-reflection coating.
The application of BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings for suppressing reflections on lens element surfaces minimizes unwanted flare and ghosting to deliver sharp, crisp, high-contrast images.
- Upgraded cosmetic design - Elegant tungsten silver brand ring.
Tamron has upgraded the cosmetic design and finish of this lens to create a more sophisticated, high-end look in keeping with the demands of discerning full-frame DSLR users. Employing a sophisticated linear pattern rubber grip on the zoom and focus rings and an elegant tungsten silver brand ring, this newly designed model accentuates its visceral presence with understated elegance and class.
- PZD (Piezo Drive) delivers faster, quieter autofocus action.
The PZD (Piezo Drive), a standing-wave ultrasonic motor system, delivers faster, quieter, more precise action when the autofocus is engaged. The full-time manual focus system is easy and intuitive, enabling quick and convenient manual focus at any time.
- Sharper images with VC (Vibration Compensation)
Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism reduces image blur caused by camera shake to deliver significantly sharper images even when shooting handheld.
- Circular diaphragm facilitates achieving spectacular blur effects
Using a circular diaphragm, this lens achieves spectacular background blur effects that enable creative use of depth of field
- Moisture-resistant construction for worry-free outdoor shooting.
Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||28–300 mm|
|Lens mount||Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sony/Minolta Alpha|
|Maximum aperture||F/3.5 - F/6.3|
|Minimum aperture||F/22.0 - F/40.0|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Aperture notes||Circular diaphragm|
|Elements / Groups||19 / 15|
|Minimum focus||0.49 m (19.29")|
|Motor type||PZD Ultrasonic|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||540 g (1.19 lb)|
|Diameter||74 mm (2.93")|
|Length||96 mm (3.78")|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||67 mm|
B&H has the Tamron All-In-One 28-300MM F/3.5-6.3 DI VC PZD Lens available for preorder.
Post Date: 6/19/2014 6:53:13 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Hot Deal: eBay
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
) available for $2,574.99 with free shipping. Compare at 3,199.00 after MIR. Note:
- This appears to be a grey market item. For warranty questions, please contact the seller
Post Date: 6/18/2014 7:07:15 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EOS 1DX DSLR Camera
) available for $5,099.99 with free shipping. Compare at $6,799.00. (thanks Chuck) Note:
This is likely a grey market item and not technically eligible for a Canon USA warranty.
Post Date: 6/18/2014 4:41:50 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Mobile Apps and New Hardware Extend Creative Cloud Workflow; All Major CC Desktop Apps Updated SAN JOSE, Calif.
– Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE), the leader in creative software, today continued to drive Creative Cloud innovation by announcing 14 new versions of CC desktop applications, including essential tools such as Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Dreamweaver CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC. The biggest Adobe software release since CS6, it also includes four new mobile apps, the immediate availability of creative hardware, updates to Creative Cloud services and new offerings for enterprise, education and photography customers. Yesterday, Adobe announced that there are now over 2.3 million Creative Cloud subscriptions, far exceeding original projections when it was unveiled two years ago.
“Our shift to Creative Cloud has given us a broad canvas on which to innovate like never before,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media, Adobe. “We’ve taken bold steps with this milestone release, fast-tracking new features to industry-defining tools like Photoshop and InDesign, while introducing mobile apps that turn tablets into indispensable creative tools.”
The release serves a creative industry that is changing at a staggering pace: three in four creatives believe the industry has changed more in the past five years than the previous 50 and about two thirds believe their role will significantly change in the next 3 years (see The New Creatives Report, surveying 1,000 U.S. creatives, issued June 16). Creatives cited new technologies as the top driving force behind the rapid change. Mobile Apps Extend CC Desktop Workflows
Delivering on mobile innovation, Adobe launched three new mobile apps for iPad – Adobe Sketch, Adobe Line, and Adobe Photoshop Mix; and began shipping new creative hardware called Adobe Ink, a new digital pen, and Adobe Slide, a new digital ruler (see separate release
). The mobile apps were developed using a new Adobe Creative SDK that unlocks over 30 years of Adobe innovation and makes it available on mobile devices for the first time. These new apps are professional-grade quality but easy enough for anyone to use, similar to the recently launched Lightroom mobile for photographers and Adobe’s new animated video app for storytelling, Adobe Voice, which were also updated with this release. These powerful, yet easy-to-use apps add significant mobile capabilities to Creative Cloud, integrate workflows with the CC desktop apps and bring tablets into serious creative workflows for the first time. New Versions of CC Desktop Apps
Beyond mobile innovation, the 2014 release of Creative Cloud delivers more Adobe magic, makes everyday tasks easier and faster, while delivering new support for cutting-edge hardware and standards. Highlights of top features in the 14 new desktop apps include:
- New capabilities in Photoshop CC for photographers such as, Blur Gallery motion effects for creating a sense of motion; Focus Mask that makes portrait shots with shallow depth of field stand out; new Content-Aware capabilities; and the recently introduced Perspective Warp for fluidly adjusting the perspective of a specific part of your image without affecting the surrounding area. Designers using Photoshop CC will enjoy enhanced Mercury Graphics Engine performance as well as the ability to link Smart Objects and share them across multiple documents. With improved Layer Comps, users save time by changing the visibility, position, or appearance of one layer and simply syncing to see the change reflected in all other Layers. Photoshop CC also has ability to pinch and zoom images, create smoother strokes, and deliver a more responsive experience on Windows 8 Touch devices, such as Microsoft Surface Pro 3.
- Also for designers, new capabilities in Illustrator CC include Live Shapes to quickly transform rectangles into complex shapes and then return to the original rectangle with just a few clicks, as well as faster rendering of vector graphics with GPU acceleration on Windows with an Adobe-certified NVIDIA graphics card. In InDesign CC, layout artists can now select table rows and columns and use EPUB Fixed Layout to easily create digital books. Adobe Muse CC now includes 64-bit support, HiDPI display support for sharper-looking images, objects, and text, and the ability to preview and optimize desktop, smartphone and tablet versions of your sites before going live.
- New features in the video apps include, Live Text Templates and Masking and Tracking, new integrations that leverage the power of Adobe After Effects CC inside Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Race through projects thanks to enhanced graphics performance in Premiere Pro; precise new keying effects in After Effects; a more flexible Direct Link color pipeline in Adobe SpeedGrade CC; and enhanced multi-track tools for audio work in Adobe Audition CC. Integration between apps has also been further improved to save time when working between Premiere Pro and After Effects or SpeedGrade.
- Web tools now include the ability to look at the markup in a document using the new Element Quick View in Dreamweaver CC, which allows Web developers to easily see, navigate, and modify the HTML structure of pages. CSS Designer improvements help apply CSS properties like gradients, box shadows and borders and then easily undo. SVG export in Flash Pro CC lets developers export any frame in Flash projects as an SVG file, while native HTML video support in Edge Animate CC allows the direct import of HTML5-friendly video clips.
Your Creative Assets and Your Creative Profile Anywhere
The new CC desktop apps, mobile apps, and hardware are tightly integrated through Creative Cloud services. This integration helps liberate the creative process by enabling users to access and manage everything that makes up their creative profile – their files, photos, fonts, colors, community and more – from wherever they work. Also introduced today is the new Creative Cloud app for iPhone and iPad that allows users to access and manage their files, assets, and more from their mobile device.
New Creative Cloud Offerings For Enterprises, Educational Institutions and Photographers
Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise is an offering designed specifically for large-scale software deployments that works with other Adobe enterprise offerings such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Acrobat, Adobe Anywhere, and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. Updates include more services with collaboration and file storage, expanded options for deployment, and a new dashboard for managing users and entitlements. For education, Adobe now has a device-based licensing offer for classrooms and labs, which allows multiple users to access software on a single device rather than tying it to an individual with an Adobe ID, critical in an environment where students come and go. And for photography customers, Adobe has introduced a new Creative Cloud Photography Plan for $9.99 per month.
Pricing and Availability
Today’s updates to CC desktop tools are immediately available for download by Creative Cloud members as part of their membership at no additional cost. The new mobile apps are free to everyone. To join Creative Cloud, special promotional pricing is available to existing customers who own Adobe Creative Suite 3 or later. Membership plans are available for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. To download free trials of any of the new Creative Cloud desktop apps, go to: Explore the desktop apps. For pricing details, visit: How to Buy.
Post Date: 6/18/2014 2:23:08 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Adobe: New Creative Cloud Technology Connects Latest Photography Tools; New Photoshop Mix Debuts for iPad SAN JOSE, Calif. — June 18, 2014
— Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the availability of the new Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan. Designed for anyone interested in photography, the new plan brings together -- for USD$9.99 per month -- Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, two tools that have fundamentally impacted how photographs and imagery shape our visual culture, as well as Lightroom’s breakthrough mobile apps on iPad and now iPhone. Also introduced today is the all-new Photoshop Mix, a new iPad app that provides access to powerful Photoshop features normally confined to the desktop, enabling compositing and transformative edits while on the go. Built using the new Adobe Creative SDK (see separate release), Photoshop Mix delivers new levels of Adobe imaging precision and magic to mobile users.
“With our Lightroom products alone managing over 100 billion images, we know there’s a huge appetite from photography enthusiasts to have powerful, world-class software available on their mobile devices as well as their computers,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president, digital imaging, Adobe. “With Photoshop, Lightroom and new mobile photo apps, we’ve created the most complete photography solution on the planet, ensuring that anyone interested in photography can be creative with their images, no matter where they are.” Create and Manage Beautiful Images in Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5
Photoshop CC, part of the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, was updated, with stunning new features -- as part of a milestone release of Adobe Creative Cloud. Features for photographers, include:
- Perspective Warp – The recently introduced capability for fluidly adjusting the perspective of a specific part of your image without affecting the surrounding area.
- Blur Gallery motion effects - Two new additions, Path Blur and Spin Blur create a sense of motion, even if not originally captured with a camera, enabling photographers to tell their story or express just the right feeling in an image. There’s also faster performance when creating blur effects with the Mercury Graphics Engine delivering a performance boost with OpenCL.
- Focus Mask - Lets Photoshop CC create the first step of a mask by automatically selecting the in-focus areas of an image. The Focus Mask feature works great with headshots and other images that have shallow depth of field.
- Content-Aware color adaptation improvements - Previously when using Content-Aware features, if a selected area contained smooth gradients, it didn’t necessarily appear in the final image. Now retouched images using Content-Aware Fill, Move, and Patch gets more seamless and realistic. Additionally, new technology blends areas containing gradients, like skies, to give exceptional results.
- Improved stylus support and experimental features for Windows 8.1 – Enjoy smoother brush strokes and a simple out-of-the-box experience with expanded stylus support for Windows 8.1. Turn on experimental features for touch and gesture controls and bigger touch targets on devices like Surface Pro 3.
The Creative Cloud Photography plan includes Lightroom 5 desktop software, a staple for all photographers, making digital photography easier, faster, and more amazing. Photographers can experiment without limits in a nondestructive editing environment and perfect shots with advanced controls for tone, contrast, color, and more. Efficient organizing tools help sort thousands of photos and make it simple to share them almost anywhere.
Mobile Solutions Takes Serious Photography Work Anywhere
Following its April 2014 release on iPad, Lightroom mobile is now available for iPhone. Lightroom mobile for iPhone and iPad provide the most efficient way to manage and edit images across desktops, mobile devices and the Web. The apps can automatically import images from the iPhone camera roll and sync back to a Lightroom catalog on the desktop. Lightroom mobile provides photography essentials, including non-destructive processing of files using Smart Preview technologies to enable professional class photo editing from the confines of the desktop. Quickly apply star ratings, flag or reject images and edit them on iPhone and iPad. Edits and metadata changes automatically sync back to the Lightroom catalog on the desktop and are also viewable from any Web browser at lightroom.adobe.com. Lightroom mobile photo collections are also accessible for users of Adobe Voice, the recently introduced free animated video storytelling app.
Photoshop Mix, provides a connected mobile workflow to Creative Cloud, aimed at anyone who wants access to powerful editing tools on their mobile device. Open Adobe Photoshop documents, individual layers from PSDs, and images from Lightroom mobile. Easily apply looks, create advanced selections and masks, and access advanced Photoshop features like Upright, Content-Aware Fill, and Camera Shake Reduction to take creativity on the go. Then export your layered and masked composition to Photoshop CC for further refinement on the desktop. Share work, or even save it to a Photoshop document for a mobile workflow that works seamlessly with Photoshop CC.
Technology Optimized for Mobile Photography
The Creative Cloud Photography plan’s desktop and mobile apps are connected by a powerful technology designed to enable users to edit and sync photos non-destructively from anywhere. By combining the same non-destructive editing pipeline found in Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw, with Adobe’s renowned Smart Preview technologies, the amount of information being moved between apps is minimized, without compromising the end result. This gives users confidence that edits will be saved while being able to access their images with unprecedented speed, no matter what device.
Pricing and Availability
Creative Cloud Photography plan is available at $USD9.99 per month. For additional details, please visit www.adobe.com/go/photographyplan.
To get started with Lightroom mobile, visit www.adobe.com/go/lrmobile_getstarted.
Photoshop Mix is free and available for download in the Apple app store. To learn more about Photoshop Mix, please visit mix.adobe.com.
Post Date: 6/18/2014 2:06:12 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Photoshelter: Learn from one of the world’s foremost authorities on Digital Asset Management, Peter Krogh.
Been meaning to get your photos organized for months (maybe even years)? Worried about losing your images or experienced the complete failure of a hard drive? Then this webinar is for you. Lightroom master Peter Krogh, will join us Wednesday, June 25th at 4pm ET to dive into all the in's and out's of Lightroom Storage Techniques.
Peter will dedicate a large portion of the webinar to taking viewers' questions - so get your questions prepped, tune in, and get ready to organize your images and streamline your workflow.
In this webinar Peter will cover :
- Primary storage vs. Backup storage
- Cloning your drives
- NAS and the personal cloud
- Cloud storage services
- Using SSD for speed, upgrading your current computer
Post Date: 6/18/2014 1:07:21 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Through June 30, use promo code PXWLD40
to get a 10x10 Lay Flat Photo Book
for 40% off
Post Date: 6/18/2014 12:07:05 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Canon Professional Network
"Canon has launched Digital Photo Professional (DPP) 4.0, the first sweeping overhaul of Canon’s RAW processing software since its launch. The latest version of DPP - available for download at the end of June - has been updated with a raft of key changes to satisfy the most demanding of digital photographers." Preview Coverage
- DPP 4.0: ALL-NEW KEY FEATURES
- Faster, real-time adjustments.
- Improved RAW file workflow.
- Better, more approachable user interfaces.
- Compatible with 64-bit native environments.
- Colour adjustments for specific colour gamuts.
- Improved highlight recovery provides expanded tonality.
- Improved shadow recovery function.
- Support for movie playback.
- Auto Lighting Optimizer can be applied to JPEG images.
- Better integration with EOS Utility.
- NEW COLOUR ADJUSTMENT PALETTE
- ENHANCED HIGHLIGHT FUNCTION
- DUAL DISPLAY SUPPORT
- BETTER EOS UTILITY INTEGRATION
- CAMERA COMPATIBILITY AND OS SUPPORT
See the full article on the Canon Professional Network site.
Post Date: 6/18/2014 10:08:29 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has posted the newest versions of DPP and EOS Utility. You need to enter a serial number for a "compatible body" to download the file. Compatible Bodies
- EOS 1D C
- EOS 1D X
- EOS 5D Mark III
- EOS 6D
I had expected that all EOS DSLR users would be able to use the program, but also assumed there were some features that would only be available to "compatible body" users. Unfortunately, it looks like I was mistaken. DPP 4 will not open RAW files from incompatible bodies. So if you do not own one of Canon's current full-frame bodies, you're stuck using version 3.x instead.
From the viewpoint of someone who uses a 5D Mark III as a primary body and a 7D as a backup, I find this to be very inconvenient. It means that I have to keep two versions of DPP installed on my computer if I want to use the latest features while still being able to edit my backup body RAW files.
I hope Canon reconsiders this new software strategy. [Sean]
Download DPP 4.0 & EOS Utility 3.0*
* Please note: DPP 4.0 will be compatible only with 64-bit OS, such as Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, plus Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9.
Post Date: 6/18/2014 8:13:06 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo
The award-winning Shape Shifter
is one of our most popular backpacks. It features the unique ability for you to expand or contract it depending on where you’re shooting and what you’re carrying. With our special Test Drive program, from now through the end of the month you will be able to try it for free for two weeks.
To take advantage of the Test Drive, simply call Think Tank Photo at 866-558-4465 ext. 1 and request participation in the program. Shape Shifter Details KEY FEATURES
- Carry monopods and tripods in the bottom front pocket
- Pro Speed Belt (sold separately) can be attached
- Contoured harness for men and women with air channel
- Holds a full assortment of photo gear and a laptop up to 17”
- Compresses to 3 inches in depth when gear is removed
- Neoprene pockets for cameras and lenses
- Exterior Dimensions When Expanded: 20” H x 12.5” W x 7” D” (51.0 x 32.0 x 18.0 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions When Compressed: 20” H x 12.5 W” x 3” D (51.0 x 32.0 x 8.0 cm)
- Laptop Compartment Interior Dimensions: 19” H x 12” W x 1.5” D (48.0 x 30.5 x 4.0cm)
- Weight: 3.75 lbs (1.73 kg)
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It's also constructed with YKK RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon, 420D velocity nylon, 3D air mesh, ultra-stretch pockets, Rock Lockster buckles, nickel-plated metal hardware, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Post Date: 6/18/2014 7:44:04 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Great locations warrant revisiting. Seasons change, weather changes even faster. Clouds are rarely the same. And sometimes the scene itself changes.
In this case, a log that has been in Cayuga falls
, Ricketts Glen State Park
, for what seems like forever is now gone. Apparently the extraordinarily harsh/cold/icy winter forced the log from its prominent long-time resting place. I had some pictures from this falls that included the log, and, while I thought they were nice, I like the sans-log pictures I now have even better. That I visited immediately after a very heavy rain gave me an additional benefit of a more than usual amount of water to work with along with some color in the water.
The 15mm full frame angle of view is able to give the viewer a nice sense of presence in the scene, but being this close means that water drops splashing onto the lens becomes an issue. I was holding a microfiber cloth over the lens as much as possible when the shutter was closed and was using that cloth to wipe water drops from the CPOL filter between shots. Water drops on the filter are very noticeable in narrow-aperture 15mm images.
This is an HDR image
. I used a slightly darker exposure for the water, better retaining the highlight and detail in the water.
Camera and Lens Settings
15mm f/11.0 .5s ISO 100 5760 x 3840px
Post Date: 6/18/2014 6:55:05 AM CT Posted By: Bryan