(via BigValueInc) has the Canon EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm IS STM Lens
available for $545.00 with free shipping. Compare at $749.00. Caveat Emptor:
BigValueInc's positive feedback rating is at 98.2%. We recently received information that some buyers received the wrong product when purchasing from this merchant. Be sure to keep all supporting documents if taking advantage of this offer.
Post Date: 8/2/2013 4:10:16 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo:
We just released the fourth in our “About A Photograph” video series. In it, photojournalist Ami Vitale narrates the events behind her touching photograph of Ethiopian women participating in an elaborate coffee ceremony.
Said Vitale, “I don’t come taking millions of pictures. I spend time with them and simply observe. If you wait long enough those amazing images will come.”
Based in Montana, Vitale is a contract photographer with National Geographic magazine and frequently gives workshops throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. Her journey as a photojournalist has taken her to more than 80 countries. Her photographs have been exhibited around the world in museums and galleries and published in international magazines including National Geographic, Adventure, Geo, Newsweek, Time,
. Her work has garnered multiple awards from prestigious organizations including World Press Photos, the Lowell Thomas Award for Travel Journalism, Lucie awards, the Daniel Pearl Award for Outstanding Reporting, and the Magazine Photographer of the Year award, among many others. Note:
Use the links from this site to get a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo
Post Date: 8/2/2013 2:11:30 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Use coupon code VmeBackpack20
($20.00 off) and check out with V.me by Visa at BuyDig.com
to get the Western Digital My Passport 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
for $59.95 with free shipping.
Post Date: 8/2/2013 1:28:50 PM CT Posted By: Sean
The Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera with EF Mount
has recently been reduced by $1,000.00. Adorama
has them in stock and available for the new price of $1,995.00 with free shipping. Note:
A slipcase copy of Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editing software ($499.00 value) is included.
Post Date: 8/2/2013 10:30:45 AM CT Posted By: Sean
has the Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Professional Inkjet Printer
available for $299.00 after $200.00 mail-in rebate
. Regularly $699.00. Note:
Printer comes with a 50-sheet pack of Canon's 13x19" Pro Luster photo paper.
Post Date: 8/2/2013 10:02:42 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Sigma Corporation(CEO: Kazuto Yamaki, Location: Kawasaki, Japan) has established, Sigma China in Shanghai, China. Sigma China is formed as a solely owned subsidiary of Sigma Corporation and operations started on August 1st, 2013. Purpose:
We established a subsidiary in Shanghai to fulfill sales, brand management and customer support in the growing Chinese market.
We intend to construct an efficient sales and logistics network and we believe that this will enable us to provide a complete line-up of our products, build brand image as well as offer a good after-sales service. Summary
|Corporate Name||SIGMA (CHINA) CO., LTD.|
|Office Location||Shanghai, China|
|Business Mission||Purchase, sales and servicing of optical equipment|
|Capital||$1.22 million USD|
|Investment Ratio||Solely owned by Sigma Corporation|
|Business||Commencement date August 1st, 2013|
Adorama carries Sigma lenses.
Post Date: 8/2/2013 7:56:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Canon's EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.2A and ImageBrowser 1.1.0 are now available from CanonUSA. (thanks Marco)
From Canon: Changes from EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.1A for Windows are as follows:
Changes from Digital Photo Professional 3.13.10:
- Supports EOS 70D.
Changes from EOS Utility 2.13.10:
- Supports EOS 70D.
Changes from Picture Style Editor 1.13.10:
- Supports EOS 70D. Changes in the ImageBrowser EX 1.1.0 for Windows
- Up to 100,000 images can be registered to the database.
- Organizing and searching image functions are newly added.
- Quicker Search by Faces.
Download EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.1A and ImageBrowser 1.1.0 from Canon USA.
Post Date: 8/2/2013 7:09:31 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Zoom has released a sample video demonstrating what its newly released H6 Portable Digital Recorder can do. The video features Jazz drummer Peter Erskine and was shot using only the included X/Y capsule and four microphones plugged directly into the unit. Amazon
carries the Zoom H6 Personal Digital Recorder
Post Date: 8/2/2013 6:26:43 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Granted, this is a bit of a stretch for a "photography gear" website, but I thought we might have some readers who are interested in purchasing Google's newly announced Chromecast
On that note, Best Buy
has the Chromecast
in stock with free shipping and 3 months of free Netflix streaming (according to the product page). I preordered mine on Amazon
a week ago, but there's still no estimated shipping date for the order (out of stock). [Sean] Update:
It looks like the Chromecast is on backorder now - 1 to 2 weeks.
Post Date: 8/1/2013 11:45:02 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via 6ave) has the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens
available for $714.99 with free shipping. Compare at $1,149.00.
Check out our full review
of the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens.
Post Date: 8/1/2013 11:13:55 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From DxO: 07/31/2013
- 233 new lens / camera combinations have been added to the DxO Optics Modules library, providing support for Canon, Pentax, Samsung, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses
for Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung and Sony cameras
To see supported and planned combinations, click on the link below then select the second tab. Supported or planned combinations Canon
| Sony Adorama
carries DxO Optics Pro
Post Date: 8/1/2013 9:24:57 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From JP Distribution: Sekonic L-308s, L-478 Series & L-758 Series Cashback Promotion
Sekonic and JP Distribution are pleased to inform you of a NEW Cashback Promotion that will be running from August 1, 2013 until October 31, 2013.
The Cashback Promotion entitles customers purchasing selected Sekonic products, from Authorised UK Resellers, to claim up to £40 Cashback by redemption of a voucher and valid proof of purchase.
Download your voucher(s) here: L-308s
/ L-478 Series
/ L-758 Series Amazon.co.uk
is an authorised UK retailer of Sekonic light meters
Post Date: 8/1/2013 8:44:14 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Photoshelter recently interviewed Brad Smith, Director of Photography at Sports Illustrated
, for their Growing Your Sports Photography Business Guide
During the interview, Smith provides some insight into what he looks for when hiring photographers for Sports Illustrated
. The article contains great information for anyone hoping to catch the eyes of a national publication.
From the Photoshelter Blog
"What makes a good freelance hire for Sports Illustrated?
I have three major needs. First, and most importantly, I look for somebody who has really good, unique, and visually interesting content that shows they have a relationship with the subject. I want to know that a photographer has a knack for photography, that it’s not all about technique and post-production. Photographers fall into that trap. They rely on certain technology, cameras, lighting or Photoshop, etc. That’s all-important, but you have to have some kind of a relationship with a subject to show something a little more organic."
See the rest of the interview at the Photoshelter Blog.
Post Date: 8/1/2013 8:18:46 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Adobe: New Offer Makes it Even Easier to Purchase and Deploy Creative Cloud SAN JOSE, Calif. - Aug. 1, 2013
- Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced a new version of Adobe® Creative Cloud™ that enables creative teams to purchase membership of a single desktop application like Photoshop® CC, Illustrator® CC, InDesign® CC or any other of the entire collection of CC desktop applications. With this new move, Adobe now offers two team plans for Creative Cloud: the complete option that delivers 14 Adobe desktop applications and sophisticated, cross-device collaboration and publishing capabilities; or the new single app plan that includes access to one desktop application along with 20GB of storage and the ability to showcase work on Behance®, the world’s leading creative community.
Both plans for Creative Cloud for teams radically simplify license management and deployment for IT departments. An intuitive, easy-to-use web portal, the Admin Console, lets administrators centrally purchase, deploy and manage all seats across an organization - whether single app or complete - under one membership agreement.
The new single app plan for teams delivers many of the benefits of full Creative Cloud for teams membership. Customers will receive updates to their favorite desktop CC application as new features become available. Creatives can share files with colleagues, whether inside or outside the organization; and cloud-based storage of 20GB can be used to view, edit, store and share a larger set of files across the team. Designers can also publish a customized online portfolio with Behance ProSite, and solicit feedback from the worldwide creative community. Over 1.6 million creatives globally are part of the Behance network. Adobe CC Desktop Applications At Core of New Team Offer
This new version of Creative Cloud enables creative teams to purchase membership for one of Adobe’s just-launched CC family of desktop applications, including Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, Dreamweaver® CC, Premiere® Pro CC and more.
Hundreds of new features are included in these latest versions of Adobe’s industry-defining desktop tools. Innovations include:
- Photoshop CC ships with new sharpening technologies and designer workflow enhancements. Camera Shake Reduction deblurs images that would have otherwise been lost due to camera movement. All-new Smart Sharpen makes texture and detail pop while minimizing noise and halos, and Adobe Camera Raw 8 adds even more powerful photographic controls to straighten and perfect images.
- For designers, the Touch Type tool in Illustrator CC offers a new level of creativity with type. Move, scale, and rotate text characters knowing that it remains editable. This feature works with a mouse, stylus or multi-touch device. Illustrator also enables painting with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so designers can create complex organic designs quickly, with simple brush strokes. A new, modern architecture for InDesign CC turbocharges performance, and in-browser editing in Adobe Muse™ CC - a tool for designers to create and publish HTML websites without writing code - allows clients to make edits to a published website, which can then be reviewed, approved, and updated by the designer.
- For video customers Adobe Premiere Pro CC includes dramatic new editing features, customizations and improvements to help editors work efficiently. Premiere Pro CC integrates powerful color workflows, with the addition of the Lumetri™ Deep Color Engine to easily apply rich color grading looks. A high-impact version of Adobe After Effects™ CC brings motion graphics and visual effects artists more creative possibilities and allows them to work more easily in 3D with the new Live 3D Pipeline with Maxon Cinema4D integration.
Membership Plans and Availability
The new single app plan of Adobe Creative Cloud for teams is available for a suggested retail price of $29.99 (US) per user per month. Existing customers with CS3 or later are eligible for single app membership at a suggested retail price of $19.99 (US) per user per month. Customers can pre-order beginning today, with product availability expected August 15. Both the complete and single app plans are available via reseller partners worldwide. The complete plan is also available directly from adobe.com. For more information visit http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/teams.html.
Post Date: 8/1/2013 7:41:59 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Post Date: 8/1/2013 7:34:41 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Sigma: RONKONKOMA, N.Y., - Aug. 1, 2013
- Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world’s most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, today announced a revolutionary new, fee-based service that will enable the company’s Global Vision lens owners to change their lens mounts for use on different camera systems.
Starting Sept. 2, Global Vision lens owners can request the Mount Conversion Service to convert their current Sport, Contemporary or Art DSLR lenses to their choice of a Sigma, Sony, Pentax, Nikon or Canon mount. Global Vision category lenses for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras (MILCs) can be updated to either a micro four thirds (MFT) or Sony E- mount.
In addition to the announcement of the industry’s first Mount Conversion Service, Sigma is also extending the warranty on all of its products - including cameras, lenses and flashes purchased on or after July 1, 2013 - to four years. Previously, warranties varied by product. This enhanced product protection provides Sigma’s customers with more consistency and improved service.
“Professionals and amateurs alike are taking advantage of the many affordable camera options in today’s market; they’re updating their camera bags and exploring new systems and brands,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “When photographers purchase a lens, it’s often a significant, financial and artistic commitment - and we believe that investment should last a lifetime. Our new Mount Conversion Service and extended warranty are intended to help Sigma users get more enjoyment from our products, regardless of how their approach to photography changes overtime.”
The Mount Conversion Service is limited to all of Sigma’s Global Vision lenses. Current, applicable full-frame lenses include the 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS Sport and 35mm F1.4 DG Art; APS-C crop sensor lenses include the 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art, 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC OS Macro Contemporary and 18-35mm F1.8 DC Art; and MILC lenses include the 19mm F2.8 DN Art, 30mm F2.8 DN Art and 60mm F2.8 DN Art. Lenses can be converted to any mount of a photographer’s choosing, as long as Sigma has released that product in the requested mount.
Cost of the conversion will range between $80 to $250, plus shipping costs, depending on the focal length of the lens. All lenses will be shipped to Sigma’s US subsidiary in New York, and updated, calibrated and optimized for the new camera system at Sigma’s factory in Aizu, Japan. All lenses that undergo the Mount Conversion Service will be covered under warranty for six months following the update. Teleconverters, USB Docks and other accessories are not eligible for the service.
To request the Mount Conversion Service, please visit your local Sigma subsidiary. Customers in the United States should visit www.sigmaphoto.com
Check out applicable Sigma products at Adorama
Post Date: 8/1/2013 7:10:41 AM CT Posted By: Sean